Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11

Reaction Score
KSt escapes 69-68 over OkSt.

Any word about when Ayoka is coming back? This is barely a top 25 team, if that, without her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Personally I'd be favor of more of these conference matchups. I'd tune in for the Big South vs The Big West. MEAC vs SWAC. Big East vs the Mountain West

Oh yeah, definitely throw some record books around.

Unfortunately I don't know that there are any land grants or Baptists or Presbyterians involved...

Nope, just regular public schools.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wait, wasn't there all kinds of stuff in the rumor mill about Gilbert from Arizona? According to the box score she's playing tonight.

Betts not real effective in her return. Looks like Rice and Jacquez have done almost all of the scoring for UCLA.
We were there. Betts didn't particularly score, but she is most certainly effective at disruption. That said, she stood out as a player of her height, not otherwise. She camped endlessly in the lane (someone said she must be knitting a sweater) and had some nasty exchanges with Esmery Martinez. Rice looked very good, it looked like Jacquez was not expected to be so good in the Arizona scout.

I think, in the end, the better team won. Arizona would probably be better if Nnaji hadn't left and without the injuries, but it was a rebuilding year.

As to Gilbert - man, she was hurting. Had her electronic back brace at the beginning of the game, had to be helped off the court at the half, and got a liniment back rub mid 3rd. The rumor mongering was the local beat writer - who suggested there was more to her being out than her back and that she might not be part of the team's plans. I saw no evidence of this, she gave it her all and then some last night. They all do. Skyler Jones didn't seem happy, but it wasn't anyone else's fault. She missed some key shots and made a number of on-court errors. She has struggled on and off this year, but don't most freshmen? At her best, she is good and is still learning. Heck, Cunningham is still learning, some of her fouls are just lack of experience.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Personally I'd be favor of more of these conference matchups. I'd tune in for the Big South vs The Big West. MEAC vs SWAC. Big East vs the Mountain West
There was something earlier in the season, Big Sky vs. Summit IIRC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stop the presses! Seattle U. won a game, their second victory of the season. Against mighty Tarleton St., who actually has 4 conference wins in the WAC. Juliana Walker hit 6-10 behind the arc, showing some of the shooting that made her one of the highest scoring high school players in Washington bball history (she and Talia von Oefhoffen both almost certainly would've broken Van Lith's just set record if their senior seasons hadn't been cancelled).

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey hey hoop fans! Last top 25 games of the week, and what a hoop-a-palooza before the other big sports ball game. At least three more T25 teams will have a loss today (L'ville/Syr, UConn/SC, OR St/CO), and who knows what else will happen. NCSU in 4th spot in ACC, with the ND/FSU and Duke/UNC games nipping at their heels. PSU & MSU controlling their destiny for the 4th spot in the B10. UCLA holding on to #4, with USC (playing tomorrow) right behind, and Utah still in play for a top 4 seed. Lastly, Alabama nipping at TN heels for #4 in the SEC.

1707653576475.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hey hey hoop fans! Last top 25 games of the week, and what a hoop-a-palooza before the other big sports ball game. At least three more T25 teams will have a loss today (L'ville/Syr, UConn/SC, OR St/CO), and who knows what else will happen. NCSU in 4th spot in ACC, with the ND/FSU and Duke/UNC games nipping at their heels. PSU & MSU controlling their destiny for the 4th spot in the B10. UCLA holding on to #4, with USC (playing tomorrow) right behind, and Utah still in play for a top 4 seed. Lastly, Alabama nipping at TN heels for #4 in the SEC.

View attachment 96295
It looks like the Louisville/'Cuse game is a 12:00PM start...

Reaction Score
I’m at the L’Ville/Syracuse game today. Good atmosphere but not as great as it was for the ND and VT games here at the Dome.

Had a fellow UConn fan checking my ticket at the door. :p

Pretty evenly matched game so far.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I’m at the L’Ville/Syracuse game today. Good atmosphere but not as great as it was for the ND and VT games here at the Dome.

Had a fellow UConn fan checking my ticket at the door. :p

Pretty evenly matched game so far.
On The CW, doesn't look like a big crowd. But at least The CW is there.

Reaction Score
On The CW, doesn't look like a big crowd. But at least The CW is there.
The Dome is so huge, it definitely makes the crowd look smaller. But I’ve been going to games at the Dome for the last 8 years and this season there are noticeably bigger crowds showing up consistently. Not going to break any records but it’s an improvement for sure.

Reaction Score
Some questionable officiating in the 1st half. Refs allowed a lot of physical play — led to tempers flaring near the end of Q2. Double technical called for too much chatting. Would not be shocked to see a lot more whistles in the 2nd half.

Fair hits a buzzer beating 3 to close the half! Was a great shot. She looked cool and composed the whole time she was racing the clock. Really fantastic player.

Reaction Score
Some questionable officiating in the 1st half. Refs allowed a lot of physical play — led to tempers flaring near the end of Q2. Double technical called for too much chatting. Would not be shocked to see a lot more whistles in the 2nd half.

Fair hits a buzzer beating 3 to close the half! Was a great shot. She looked cool and composed the whole time she was racing the clock. Really fantastic player.
Louisville wasn't feeling that Orange BLOCK PARTY!

Centerstream

Reaction Score

I agree. I switched games at the half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clark got her 1000th assist just before halftime. Fitting that Martin was on the receiving end of it.

Reaction Score
Wow! Syracuse steals a 1 point win with a controversial call with 2 seconds left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Louisville up 1 in the closing seconds, Syracuse had the ball. Looking to foul, I guess they had fouls to give, but got called for a technical because the defender grabbed Fair by the jersey and wasn't making a play on the ball. Hit 2 FTs w/ 2 seconds left and got the ball back. Heck of a way to lose a game. Cuse erased a 9 point deficit in Q4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And that made the ACC race a lot more interesting. I thought Louisville was going to get a big road win. Nope.

Orange had 12 blocked shots.

Reaction Score
Double Ot
Tie game
6 sec left
Latson goes for steal on inbounds and fouls Citrin

Incredibly Dumb play

Nd escapes

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Notre Dame escapes Tallahassee w/ a 2 OT win.

Reaction Score
Louisville up 1 in the closing seconds, Syracuse had the ball. Looking to foul, I guess they had fouls to give, but got called for a technical because the defender grabbed Fair by the jersey and wasn't making a play on the ball. Hit 2 FTs w/ 2 seconds left and got the ball back. Heck of a way to lose a game. Cuse erased a 9 point deficit in Q4.
Syracuse has been coming back in the 4th quarter all year.

Reaction Score
As I predicted, Louisville and Syracuse split their series, each winning at home.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think a certain record is going down today. 12 points to go w/ about 15 minutes left, and it's a fairly close game.

Reaction Score
Was surprised SC was only a 8.5 favorite.
Not surprised by the result so far — SC by 14 at half, down from 19.
Amazingly Amari DeBerry hasn’t played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom