Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11 | The Boneyard

Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey hey hoop fans. Here's the top 25 team games week at a glance. As conference play changes standings, I'll add them to the grid for subsequent days. Added a few interesting matchups, one for our friend @triaddukefan :D

1707157178194.png

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Big week for NC State. Louisville tonight...Virginia Tech Thursday night in a revenge match. These two games will go a long way in deciding the order near the top of the ACC standings.

NC State and Louisville only meet once every regular season so that is a game you want to win, due to the unbalanced schedule.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Big week for NC State. Louisville tonight...Virginia Tech Thursday night in a revenge match. These two games will go a long way in deciding the order near the top of the ACC standings.

NC State and Louisville only meet once every regular season so that is a game you want to win, due to the unbalanced schedule.
Louisville plays NC State, Notre Dame and Syracuse this week. If they can get thru that 2-1 they should be in good shape. All 3 of those games also have big implications for top of the conference standings. That's the top 5 currently having multiple head to head showdowns this week.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Louisville plays NC State, Notre Dame and Syracuse this week. If they can get thru that 2-1 they should be in good shape. All 3 of those games also have big implications for top of the conference standings. That's the top 5 currently having multiple head to head showdowns this week.
Yeah...a couple of weeks ago, it was the Pac 12 with the big showdowns...last week, the Big 10 had their turn. This week, it's the ACC taking center stage with multiple big games. There is the potential to really scramble the order of the teams near the top.

It's exciting! It has already been an incredible season but this week, the intensity reaches a crescendo in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Yeah...a couple of weeks ago, it was the Pac 12 with the big showdowns...last week, the Big 10 had their turn. This week, it's the ACC taking center stage with multiple big games. There is the potential to really scramble the order of the teams near the top.

It's exciting! It has already been an incredible season but this week, the intensity reaches a crescendo in the ACC.
The Big 10 have a few more this month with the second game of the home and home series between Iowa-OSU (in Iowa) and Iowa-Indiana (in Indiana) to go.

Reaction Score
Mich st lost 69-50 to minn a few weeks ago, inexplicably.
Making up for it tonight — up 47-24 at half.

Indiana better beware of the Spartans on Thursday

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Louisville at NC State...Dee Kantner and Joe Vaszily are in competition to see who will blow their whistle the most...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that NC State might beat us on Feb 25 in Cameron.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chicago State led 56-52 after the 3rd quarter, but ended up losing to LIU 80-71.

Jackson State is undefeated in the SWAC, but they are struggling with Southern right now. Throw out the record books when these two schools meet.

Sacre blue!

Not quite sure what that means, but perhaps its means Go Duke.

Reaction Score
Not quite sure what that means, but perhaps its means Go Duke.

Sacrebleu translates roughly as OMG! (referencing your conceding defeat already)

But I wrote it as ‘blue’ to allude to your Devils.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that NC State might beat us on Feb 25 in Cameron.
You're forgetting that NC State has a penchant for playing down to and/or collapsing against lesser opponents on the road. See e.g. their blowout loss to Miami and their snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory vs VaTech.

Reaction Score
Vandy falling apart again
Led 51-41. Now trail 58-54

Plebe

Reaction Score
Really a bad loss for Vandy. Sometimes it’s not so much whether you lose but it’s how you do it that hurts. They went a LONG stretch in 4Q where they seemingly couldn’t shoot and couldn’t get a rebound and bricked multiple free throws.

They’ll have plenty of chances to bounce back in the next month, but playing at home this one really got away from them.

Reaction Score
Bama beats Vandy
NCSt opened a 19 pt lead early and tho the Cards fought back, couldn’t get closer than 6.

Reaction Score
Really a bad loss for Vandy. Sometimes it’s not so much whether you lose but it’s how you do it that hurts. They went a LONG stretch in 4Q where they seemingly couldn’t shoot and couldn’t get a rebound and bricked multiple free throws.

At least 2nd time (Mizzou) that Vandy built a good sized lead and then faded in the stretch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jackson State was down 50-34 after three quarters. They outscore Southern 29-8n the 4th quarter to win 63-58 to remain undefeated in the SWAC

Sacrebleu translates roughly as OMG! (referencing your conceding defeat already)

But I wrote it as ‘blue’ to allude to your Devils.

Well I said they might win ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You're forgetting that NC State has a penchant for playing down to and/or collapsing against lesser opponents on the road. See e.g. their blowout loss to Miami and their snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory vs VaTech.

Dag... i forgot about that. Lemme go order my ticket to see my Blue Devils beat up on those mangy wolves :p

Reaction Score
Sarah Ashlee Barkers been going crazy lately. Really interesting prospect.

Plebe

Reaction Score
NC State got a huge game tonight from Aziaha James (28 points). What a revelation she's been this season, and a huge reason why her team has made a mockery of the preseason polls. Great things were always expected of Rivers, but James has been their best player.

Reaction Score
NC State got a huge game tonight from Aziaha James (28 points). What a revelation she's been this season, and a huge reason why her team has made a mockery of the preseason polls. Great things were always expected of Rivers, but James has been their best player.
Rivers’ shots looked like she was playing back in Columbia tonight. (She did shoot well from the line though)

Reaction Score
James is the X factor. She’s incredibly streaky, she can do things no one else on the team can do on offense. When she’s on she is dynamic for sure.

I’d argue Hayes or Rivers has been State’s best player from the standpoint of consistency and being complete players. Neither has the entire offensive repertoire that James possesses but they are incredibly pivotal to State’s success. Hayes is a fantastic 3 point shooter, does all the dirty work, plays tough defense, rebounds well and never ever forces anything. Rivers has been great defensively this year and has slowly grown into the PG role. She can be great scoring it as well as we saw against UConn but what she does more often than not is stuff the stat sheet with steals, assists, rebounds and then has the ability to carry you by scoring every so often.

James’ growth has been great watch, and her flash and flair on offense makes her a very fun player to watch. She can get after it on D, I don’t mean to knock her there, but in general I’d like to see her be more consistent. When the shots not falling I’d like to see her find ways to impact the game the way Hayes, Rivers and Mimi Collins can without scoring it.

The whole starting 5 for the Pack have all made really really big strides since last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom