Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Mid Major Action. There is a 3 way tie for 1st place in the Big South. Radford beat SC-Upstate in OT while High Point defeated the Blue Hose of Presbyterian. Radford, Upstate and HPU are tied at 7-2

In Southern Conference Action. If you thought Western Carolina would go 0-fer the conference season, you were mistaken. The Catamounts set a school record for shooting percentage and broke a 13 game conference losing streak with a 78-71 victory over UNC-Greensboro (my spartans)
The Big East will get three for sure; UConn, Creighton, and Marquette. Nova or St. John's might sneak in as that 4th team. A lot depends on the rest of the field and how those two teams do in the Big East the rest of the season and into the tournament.

Three is enough.

CCSUs Samora Watson had 37 in a W over Merrimack. Her 3rd 30-pt game this season

Fake arse Blue Devils. Duke needs to play them in sports across the board. The winner keeps the Blue Devil name.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It was really annoying that the commentators kept insisting all game that Clark was trying to match Watkins' scoring from last night. I'm sure that was not on her mind even slightly.
Well, when you take an announcer from MBB games that has done less research on the WBB players and teams, and doesn't have have to work on their craft every day, every week, these are the story lines we get. With respect to her scoring prowess, CC has been the same player for four years, and yet the johnny come lately crowd all of a sudden notices, or decides that this is going to be the major season story line. It's great eyes on WBB, however there are so many good players, teams, and stories, however we get what they want us to get.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Funday Sunday y'all! After a small slate of top 25 team games yesterday, here's another day of great matchups. I'm still musing, however that as a sports network, CBSSN is not listed for UConn's game. Added that in, along with games on FS1. My remote is gonna get a super workout.

And for those that like picking games, there's a pick em game on Stashlete that I found a bit late in the season, however it has major and mid major conference matchups, so it's been fun.

1707052551310.png

Reaction Score
Excited for the Indiana - Ohio State. Top 10 matchup. Don't know what to expect from Indiana, they seem a little overrated. They've played 3(really 2) ranked teams. They got blown out by Stanford and Iowa, and beat. We all know how things to turned out for TN. Wins against Princeton and Penn State could count as ranked wins since both teams have been ranked and fell off. But top 10 is a little high for Indiana.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Funday Sunday y'all! After a small slate of top 25 team games yesterday, here's another day of great matchups. I'm still musing, however that as a sports network, CBSSN is not listed for UConn's game. Added that in, along with games on FS1. My remote is gonna get a super workout.

And for those that like picking games, there's a pick em game on Stashlete that I found a bit late in the season, however it has major and mid major conference matchups, so it's been fun.

View attachment 96038
YEA! Finally! I get a chance to see UCONN. I'll watch a little of that until it reaches blowout proportions, which probably won't take long.

Reaction Score
I thought penn st was on the rise with the emergence of owusu. So much for that

Don't hold one loss against them. The team has improved overall which they deserve credit for.

The Big 10 conference is full of head scratching conference play losses. Every team seems to have one game where you go "Huh? How did that happen?". Just ask Nebraska.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well, when you take an announcer from MBB games that has done less research on the WBB players and teams, and doesn't have have to work on their craft every day, every week, these are the story lines we get. With respect to her scoring prowess, CC has been the same player for four years, and yet the johnny come lately crowd all of a sudden notices, or decides that this is going to be the major season story line. It's great eyes on WBB, however there are so many good players, teams, and stories, however we get what they want us to get.
When Gus started going on about Dee Kantner (ie how great she is) at the beginning of the 1st quarter, I knew it was time for the mute button. I did watch until the end of the first quarter before I had to give it up.

Reaction Score
Close scores right now to wind down Q1 for 3 games with ranked teams.

#8 tOSU leading #11 Indiana (+7)
#17 VT leading #24 UNC (+3)
#21 Syracuse leading unranked BC (+7)

Let's see how many of these early leads hold. I suspect an early Sunday upset or two is brewing.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Q2 - BC up 31-30 over Syracuse at the half

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Watching the VPI at UNC halftime on ESPN2. They said that Lauren Betts wasn't going to play against Stanford this afternoon and also said that no update has been reported.
Didn't UCLA report that there would be an update yesterday? Did they not give any update?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Watching the VPI at UNC halftime on ESPN2. They said that Lauren Betts wasn't going to play against Stanford this afternoon and also said that no update has been reported.
Didn't UCLA report that there would be an update yesterday? Did they not give any update?
Well, if "Lauren has returned to participate in team activities this week, but she remains day to day." is considered an update, there you go. She did not make the trip for the weekend games vs Cal and Stanford

Reaction Score
Well, maybe the update will be today but after the game, it’s still morning in California,

Centerstream

Reaction Score
VT and UNC tied with 1.5 seconds left. VT ball.
OT! 54-54.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Crazy - there are three players from CT on the VA Tech roster.

Reaction Score
Close scores right now to wind down Q1 for 3 games with ranked teams.

#8 tOSU leading #11 Indiana (+7)
#17 VT leading #24 UNC (+3)
#21 Syracuse leading unranked BC (+7)

Let's see how many of these early leads hold. I suspect an early Sunday upset or two is brewing.
Well, there were some close calls, but it was chalk all the way.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What do we make of Indiana? 0-3 against Stanford, Iowa and Ohio St., and 2 of the losses were blowouts. Quality wins are few and far between for the Hoosiers.

Reaction Score
Slugfest in Columbia where Ol Miss is running a 3 big lineup and out rebounding SCar. 40-31 halftime but it was a 3 pt game til final minute of the half.

Ole Miss has played 7 bigs

Reaction Score
What do we make of Indiana? 0-3 against Stanford, Iowa and Ohio St., and 2 of the losses were blowouts. Quality wins are few and far between for the Hoosiers.
I looked into Indiana before the game today. I thought they looked pretty good today, especially considering they were down Parrish. It's interesting how they were ranked 10 at this point with many good wins. But today was a "good loss." I think they are in the 15-25 range.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I'm about done w/ Tina Langley. Washington got torched by Utah Friday night, but that was nothing. Colorado has hung 50 on them at the half. Dawgs once again can't shoot, sub 30% from the floor and under 20% from 3. This ain't working. Washington St. without Leger-Walker was competitive w/ Colorado and with Utah so far today. I look at their roster, and there's just no reason the Cougs should be significantly better than the Dawgs (keep in mind WSU is down 2 multiyear starters now w/ Leger-Walker and Teder). Something is wrong. Must be the coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom