Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4

Reaction Score
A slow night for D1 basketball.
  • MAAC: Niagara on the brink of beating Canisius, meaning the two teams will switch spots in conference standings. Still leagues behind 9-0 Fairfield, though. Here's some basketball history -- Niagara and Canisius used to be in a tiny conference called "The Western NY Little Three". You can read the Wiki article here.
  • OVC: Lindenwood "upset" Southeat Missouri State. Both teams are still conference cellar dwellers, though not as bad as SIU Edwardsville, who is a perfect 0-8. Ouch.
  • Big 12: At halftime, #23 WVU is beating up on UCF (1-7 record). And there's a pillow fight starting between Houston (2-6) and Cincinnati (2-6).
  • Big Ten: Michigan State is currently leading Rutgers by +/- 10 in Q3. We'll see if Rutgers can mount a comeback.

Rutgers lost by 18. They’re now in last place with a 0-10 conference record.

UCF lost by 41 and they also fall to last place in their conference with only 1 win. WVU holds at 3rd.

Houston beats Cincy by 9, but it’s basically meaningless for the standings.

Moving to the Big 12 did not do any favors for the former AAC members.

Reaction Score
In the MWC, UNLV and Wyoming are battling it out for 1st place. Close game so far.

Reaction Score
I watched an interview with an Auburn player after the win over UGa. When asked about the physicality of the game she mentioned how scratched up they got. This is often overlooked by fans, the press, and above all the refs -- when a team plays hyper aggressive defense, as Coach Abe's teams tend to, there's lots of clawing and scratching of opponents even if fouls aren't called. The claws don't come out accidentally.

Reaction Score
I watched an interview with an Auburn player after the win over UGa. When asked about the physicality of the game she mentioned how scratched up they got. This is often overlooked by fans, the press, and above all the refs -- when a team plays hyper aggressive defense, as Coach Abe's teams tend to, there's lots of clawing and scratching of opponents even if fouls aren't called. The claws don't come out accidentally.

Very polite wording. ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Today's matchups, with three top 25 ranked intraconference games. Another one of those days where we see some spreading out, or a continued mosh pit of conference standings, with roughly 7-9 games to go in conference play.

1706797760483.png
1706798378525.png

Reaction Score
I’ll be in attendance for hopefully another Wolfpack win over the uppity elitists from chapel hill. Can’t say I’m not nervous … hopefully the Pack can do what they usually do against the Heels and send them home with a big fat L.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pivotal game in Pittsburgh tonight @7pm. Duke has played horrible on the road in ACC games.... if we lose tonight, we don't deserve to go to the NCAA's. I predict a Duke victory...... i'll have to find a brown paper bag just in case. :eek:

Where do you stand on elite uppity non-publics?

Eh..... always been lukewarm towards Stanford or Notre Dame, if that is what you are asking. I'll root for them in certain circumstances.

Well being a Duke fan, I’m going to assume triad stands WITH the private school elitists.

Actually I prefer the under the radar smaller private schools, like Duke, High Point, Presbyterian, Elon

You talkin' Baptists or Methodists? ;)

As far as the Commonwealth's land-grant, I for one know that all dirt roads lead to Tech. Needless to say I'll be rooting for the Hoos.

I'll root for the NC Baptists like Wake Forest, Campbell, Gardner Webb... I draw the line after that.

Reaction Score
Fighting Marisas playing well against Ohio St. Down 1 late in Q2

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
VPI beats UVA 76-63. Kitley and Amoore had 53 points between them. The game seemed to me to be a bit more lopsided but Virginia stayed close via the FTs in the 4th. Kitley also had 18 boards and Amoore dished out 14 assists.

Reaction Score
Pivotal game in Pittsburgh tonight @7pm. Duke has played horrible on the road in ACC games.... if we lose tonight, we don't deserve to go to the NCAA's. I predict a Duke victory...... i'll have to find a brown paper bag just in case. :eek:

Think you can put away the bag. Up 20

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Leading scorer Azaiah James picked up two fouls in the first 4 minutes of the game and hasn't scored...but NC State has a 31-24 lead on North Carolina at halftime. State started out ice cold, making 2 of its first 13 shots before finally settling down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom