Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Jan 29 to Feb 4

Reaction Score
Not sure what Samantha Brunelle's career high or best game has been, but today she had 24 points (6-11) on threes... 4 assists, 4 blocks.. but UVA comes up short and loses 75-69 to Clemson. First road ACC win for the Tigers.
I believe Brunelle broke 30 once for Muffet's last year against DePaul, and had a few games where she sit 7 three's that year. Still sounds like a good game for her, like to hear that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Depending on match ups for the Pac 12 tourney, this could be the last time Oregon St. and Oregon ever meet as conference foes. Crazy. Beavs trying hard to punt this one away apparently. Good thing I'm not watching.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, what the heck w/ the Arkansas-Auburn game? Hogs fall behind by double digits in the first quarter...at home. A big 3rd quarter seemingly put them in control (31-11). But a 4th quarter meltdown (27-18) meant they barely hung on by 2. Without having seen it, I would guess that was one strange game.

T. Scott scored 33 for Arky. H. Scott-Grayson had 27 for Auburn.

Reaction Score
My kryptonite is Debbie Antonelli. She's such a KIA.

As a Gamecock I feel like Peck is an honorary alumni doing our home broadcast. It's a little embarrassing sometimes.

We had someone on home board talk about that crew pulling for the other team and I was really taken aback.

These days, I feel like Antonelli rarely has much good to say about S.Car. I'm not usually hypersensitive to announcers so there might be something to that.

Reaction Score
Oregon St. survives. Ducks are off to richer pastures and Beavers are stuck in limbo, but at least they got the sweep over their hated rival this year.
I saw a tweet about Rueck’s dominance in the rivalry. I know Oregon was pretty bad early in Rueck’s career, but Rueck inherited a trainwreck and Oregon has been pretty good since Graves arrived:
— Won 21 of 29 overall while at OSU
— Won 14 of 21 against Kelly Graves
— Won 6 of the last 8 games

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
AP Projection
  1. SC
  2. Iowa +1
  3. NCSt +2
  4. Stan
  5. Col +1
  6. Kan St -4
  7. Ohio St +1
  8. UCLA -1
  9. Texas +3
  10. UConn +1
  11. LSU -2
  12. Indi -2
  13. USC +2
  14. ND
  15. Lou +1
  16. VaT +1
  17. OreSt +1
  18. Gonz +1
  19. Utah +1
  20. Baylor -7
  21. Crei +1
  22. WV +1
  23. Syr -2
  24. Prin +1
  25. Okla +5
I'd put CO ahead of Stanford. They beat them in their head to head.

Reaction Score
Okay, what the heck w/ the Arkansas-Auburn game? Hogs fall behind by double digits in the first quarter...at home. A big 3rd quarter seemingly put them in control (31-11). But a 4th quarter meltdown (27-18) meant they barely hung on by 2. Without having seen it, I would guess that was one strange game.

T. Scott scored 33 for Arky. H. Scott-Grayson had 27 for Auburn.
It was a rollercoaster. Take some dramamine before you watch it.:(

Reaction Score
As a Gamecock I feel like Peck is an honorary alumni doing our home broadcast. It's a little embarrassing sometimes.

We had someone on home board talk about that crew pulling for the other team and I was really taken aback.

These days, I feel like Antonelli rarely has much good to say about S.Car. I'm not usually hypersensitive to announcers so there might be something to that.
Peck is just a huge fan of Dawn. I get it, but, it shows and makes you wonder if there's another team playing. And Antonelli (woosahhhhhh). If I hear the S curve, middle third and nail one more time...I'm jumping. lol

Reaction Score
I saw a tweet about Rueck’s dominance in the rivalry. I know Oregon was pretty bad early in Rueck’s career, but Rueck inherited a trainwreck and Oregon has been pretty good since Graves arrived:
— Won 21 of 29 overall while at OSU
— Won 14 of 21 against Kelly Graves
— Won 6 of the last 8 games

Oregon was also a bottom of the barrel team (including a four win season) other than the Sabrina years, and even then OSU had final four players in their team that made them difficult.

With that said oregon should take a good look at those stats and wonder how far they have been behind this whole time.

Reaction Score
Cal played well today. One particular ref seemed to have it in for the Bears though. Not making excuses but from my court side seat I was shaking my head. After the game Cal held a panel discussion led by Stanford’s Rose Gold-Onwude. “The postgame panel will be moderated by ESPN's Ros Gold-Onwude and feature current WNBA players Layshia Clarendon (Cal/LA Sparks), Haley Jones (Stanford/Atlanta Dream), former WNBA player and current Cal women's basketball head coach Charmin Smith and former WNBA player and current Senior Vice President of Player Development for the NBA Jamila Wideman (LA Sparks/NBA). The panel will discuss several topics related to the WNBA including a team coming to the Bay Area, the future of the league and evolution of the game…”. The new president of the expansion Bay Area “Warriors” franchise, Jess Smoth” also introduced herself. It was a nice event with lots of fans and aspiring players in attendance. WNBA Panel, Go Girls, Go Bears, Go Play Highlight USC Game - California Golden Bears Athletics

It was so cool to see Jamila…I was a huge fan back in the day.

Reaction Score
Depending on match ups for the Pac 12 tourney, this could be the last time Oregon St. and Oregon ever meet as conference foes. Crazy. Beavs trying hard to punt this one away apparently. Good thing I'm not watching.
Heat is starting on Graves at Oregon. More articles will surely follow this season.

Reaction Score
Oregon was also a bottom of the barrel team (including a four win season) other than the Sabrina years, and even then OSU had final four players in their team that made them difficult.

With that said oregon should take a good look at those stats and wonder how far they have been behind this whole time.
Look up the Coach Runge years at Oregon just for fun. The AD continues to make bad decision on that program. Runge would have been a good coach with a national name if she continued.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
G'morning y'all! A "quieter" week of top 25 losses, with only seven teams losing, however KSU and UNC had a double double, so that results in nine total losses. See you a bit later today when the AP poll is released, and I get a chance to pull together the T25 games of the week.

Reaction Score
IMO Graves has too much talent returning (assuming Kyei, Vanslooten, and Gray return) plus a solid pair of incoming freshmen to fire him after this year. In a year filled with fifth years, the ducks are pretty young relying heavily on a pair of sophomores and a junior.

Obvious roster mismanagement has resulted in a lack of depth and contributors, but there is clearly talent there. Can he add 1-2 quality pieces from the portal unlike he was able to this year?

I have no idea what Gray and Vanslooten are seeking in a program, but missing the tournament in back-to-back years and those two being from the midwest would probably worry me a little if I were a duck fan.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
G'morning y'all! A "quieter" week of top 25 losses, with only seven teams losing, however KSU and UNC had a double double, so that results in nine total losses. See you a bit later today when the AP poll is released, and I get a chance to pull together the T25 games of the week.
One Top25 game tonight on ESPN2 at 7PM, Louisville at NC State. (I have no doubt that you already are aware but am reminding myself.)

Reaction Score
IMO Graves has too much talent returning (assuming Kyei, Vanslooten, and Gray return) plus a solid pair of incoming freshmen to fire him after this year. In a year filled with fifth years, the ducks are pretty young relying heavily on a pair of sophomores and a junior.

Obvious roster mismanagement has resulted in a lack of depth and contributors, but there is clearly talent there. Can he add 1-2 quality pieces from the portal unlike he was able to this year?

I have no idea what Gray and Vanslooten are seeking in a program, but missing the tournament in back-to-back years and those two being from the midwest would probably worry me a little if I were a duck fan.
If they portal out to get the Gravy train gone then as fans it would be a trade to make at this point. With the talent he has lost for the last couple of years there is clearly a leadership problem

Reaction Score

Kick him upstairs and bring Mark Campbell back as head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom