Week 12 - Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 12 - Other Games

Reaction Score
Just got back from the Houston/Tulane game. Not as one sided as the final score suggests. Tulane got it to 5 with the ball with about 10 minutes left and then the sky fell in. Small gym, packed, seats right under the basket, fans into it. Something to be said for that type atmosphere.
Every player (just about) on both teams was good with ball, offensive spacing was there, movement without ball by everyone, and threatening to attack the rim from all 5 guys.
No UConn weave, or passing up attack opportunities or posting up center from 15 feet. On defense no easy drives, these were men playing defense. You better snatch that rebound and not bring any weak handles into the paint.
Houston shot over their head on 3's @ 12 for 24. Sasser and Shead have some serious speed/agility, not sure UConn has guys to match these 2 guards. Overall, Houston was pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
Good for KSU! This team is legit. I, as many have, totally slept on this squad this preseason.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile. Iowa State leads Texas 64-55.

For what it’s worth, UConn would have enjoyed Big XII basketball. Had we been invited.
Our PKI wins keep improving. Oregon beat Arizona, Alabama looks elite, and Iowa St is tied for first in the toughest conference.

Iowa St is up to 8 in the NET, which makes us the only team in the country with 2 top 8 NET wins. And they were neutral court wins by double digits.

Those wins are keeping our resume locked down while we're struggling.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Didn't change the channel after the X/DePaul game, so SDSU/Colorado St. started and I swear one of the announcers sounded like Tim Neverett. So I checked and lo and behold it is. I've only heard him call baseball (was with Pirates for years before going to Boston, then LA). He's really good at it.

Reaction Score
Purdue held Minnesota to 12 first half points I cant recall a 1st half number that low in a major conference game Wild

Reaction Score
I would have liked Rutgers to keep climbing the rankings but they just got run off the floor against MSU

Reaction Score
The Maryland game should give us hope. They beat Michigan tonight after losing to them 2 weeks ago by over 30

Reaction Score
In the “Who cares… I do” game of the week, Binghamton beats Albany and is now in sole possession of first place in America East. Feels so good to finally see Vermont below Binghamton in the standings. Former Hurley teammate Levell Sanders doing good stuff in the Southern Tier.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder why the West Coast games do not get better ratings, because they have much less competition from both other games and just regular programming than those schools located in the eastern and central time zones. I love watching the Pac 12 or Big West on ESPN/ESPN+ as I fall asleep. The ends of Washington vs. Colorado and UCSD vs. Cal Poly were both entertaining last night.

Reaction Score
I wonder why the West Coast games do not get better ratings, because they have much less competition from both other games and just regular programming than those schools located in the eastern and central time zones. I love watching the Pac 12 or Big West on ESPN/ESPN+ as I fall asleep. The ends of Washington vs. Colorado and UCSD vs. Cal Poly were both entertaining last night.
Put in simple terms… half the country has gone to bed by the time west coast games start.

Reaction Score
Villanova held St. John's to 49 points tonight in a win at MSG. F-O-R-T-Y N-I-N-E. Not to compare - O.K. I'm going there - but UConn gave up 85 to this same team a few days ago. Only 2 less in the 2nd half than they scored all game against Villanova. :mad:

Reaction Score
I recorded it to hopefully watch later today, but Boise State @ New Mexico game was an OT gem.

Boise State's excellent sophomore do-everything forward Tyson Degenhart hit the game tying three to force OT, but New Mexico (led by Jamal Mashburn's 25 pts) won in OT 81-79.

I say this a lot here, but the MWC is excellent this year. Five teams in the KenPom top-51 (San Diego St, Boise State, New Mexico, Utah State, Nevada) and as a conference is rated the 7th strongest between the ACC and AAC (much closer to ACC than AAC).

1674306297065.png

Reaction Score
Primo spears is nasty. Hope he comes here after Ewing is canned.
I would take him in a heartbeat. He shoots the three badly but he does what our guards don't do. He gets into the lane and scores easily off the bounce. He turns it over a tad too much but he is a good passer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas started even uglier than UConn finished on Wednesday. Clawing back vs TCU and using bench guys who hardly play. Nobody is immune from playing like crap it seems

Reaction Score
Serious question- did Hurley look at Primo Spears in the portal? He’s from CT. Did he not want to come home? Any insight into this?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Serious question- did Hurley look at Primo Spears in the portal? He’s from CT. Did he not want to come home? Any insight into this?
If DH took Primo over Newton, we wouldn't have experienced Newton's first few games, then his regression, so that wouldn't be in our memory banks. Instead, this board would be full of critiques of Primo's consistent poor decision-making and sloppy play, because that's just who the BY is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom