Week 12 - Other Games | The Boneyard

Week 12 - Other Games

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Izzo is employing a strategy to let Edey eat and stop Purdue's perimeter shooters. It's been working for the most part when Purdue is in their half court offense but not so much in transition. MSU had a 4 pt lead for a bit after halftime, but Purdue on top by 4 currently (11 mins left), in a game that looks like it'll stay under 70 for both teams.

edit a couple minutes later: Of course, executing when you have an advantage is important too. With Edey taking a blow, MSU missed a 10 footer and way off line 3 leading into the 8 minute TV timeout, not trying to get inside and getting nothing with Edey out and giving him a nice rest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyson Walker hit back to back threes which blew the roof off the arena

Purdue calmly comes down and hits a 3 after the first one
Then calmly comes down and gets an and1 after the second

They're super composed offensively

Reaction Score
Couple tough calls against MSU in the last minute. I thought that ball was off Edey and the foul on Tyson Walker was kinda weak.

Reaction Score
Insane ending! (spoilers ahead for MSU-Purdue if you're going to watch a replay later)

Refs couldn't decide who the ball went out on after a chase for a rebound. I don't blame them, that was an impossible call to make. They went to the possession arrow, which was Purdue. MSU then fouled them 23 feet from the hoop getting way too handsy fighting through a screen and Purdue hit 2 FTs to go up 1 with 32.5 seconds left

Tyson Walker dribbled around the court for 20 seconds and then hit a pullup with 11s left. Purdue gets the ball up the court, dumps it off to Edey, who hits a layup with 2s left

MSU goes for a hail mary pass, Purdue tips it it out of bounds, so MSU gets to inbound on their side of the court with 1.8s left. Tyson Walker had a decent look that was spot on for distance, but about a foot too far left. Airball and Purdue wins by 1

The final minute took about 15 minutes lol
32 points, 17 rebounds for Edey. Wow

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Great game. Three timeouts used to set up the final play with 1.8 secs left, Purdue up by one. Walker missed an open 3.

Turning point was Hoggarts missing both FTs with 2 mins left. That would've likely forced Purdue to do something other than go inside to Edey for the lead.

Reaction Score
How do you not double Edey with 15 seconds left up 1? I know Loyer hit a shot to win a game recently, but man I have to live with those odds on a road jump shot vs. letting Edey go 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
I'm actually pretty pumped to watch FAU visit WKU on ESPNU.

Say what you want about $tansbury, but Diddle Arena is a pretty cool venue and the fans are usually into it. Dayvion McKnight is a stud guard (17.2 ppg) while 7'5 230 Jamarion Sharp (4.3 blocks/game) is a lot of fun to watch.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Say what you want about $tansbury, but Diddle Arena is a pretty cool venue and the fans are usually into it. Dayvion McKnight is a stud guard (17.2 ppg) while 7'5 230 Jamarion Sharp (4.3 blocks/game) is a lot of fun to watch.
They gotta invest in some proper lighting. Looks like a high school game.

Reaction Score
Didn't catch that FAU was ranked today, that's pretty awesome

They locked down WKU down the stretch, a lot of it by running 3 guards (including Gaffney at times) and switching literally everything. WKU definitely missed makeable shots, but the FAU defense was really tough. Lot of guards fighting on the boards as well

Was tied at 48 at one point. FAU currently up 74-59

Reaction Score

It looks like @ UAB and @ Middle Tennessee present the biggest challenges to running the table for FAU in C-USA. I am thinking maybe two league losses? One of the above and an upset to a team in the bottom half? I wonder if that would play out to an at-large bid? Interesting team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize just how good Gaffney’s Florida Atlantic team is. Theyre ranked and only have 1 loss? Impressive.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Over under on number of ridiculous ref calls Kansas will need to win tonight?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Creighton stomping Butler on the road. The experts said they were the best team in BE before the season started and they just may be just that now that they are healthy.

Reaction Score
His FG% has been brutal over the last month. He's getting solid minutes though but not doing a whole lot with them.
His handle sure looks good compared to our guys. He tightened it up some. He still not at all aggressive on offense though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This could be a really interesting offseason in the ACC. Pastner is the only obvious hot seat coach that won't survive, but Brey, Hamilton and Boeheim are not locks to return.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No matter what happens in this game, Jerome Tang can basically name his price in the offseason. He is getting PAID.

Reaction Score
They keep listing where these K State transfers came from and it is wild there this good with guys coming from schools like Hofstra

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom