Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If UCLA loses this game, I suspect their #2 spot becomes precarious.
They wouldn't solidify it w/ a pair of wins against the Washington schools next weekend? :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pili was better in the OT, but really good games for Young, McQueen and Wilke for the Utes. Vieria with the biggest hoop of the night to force OT, and she had a big impact in OT.

I already gave kudos to Jacquez, good game for Rice as well. Dugalic got off to a really good start but then disappeared.

I had some questions about Betts during the Ohio St. game, and I have even more now. I'm not sure that there's much more to her than just being tall. She's putting up good numbers and she's efficient, but I'm not sure about her pro prospects down the road. I think she needs to add a lot to her game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Pili was awful tonight. So many really really poor, forced shots.

I've been trying to not complain this year, but officiating appeared to be one sided to me tonight, and it wasn't in favor of the home team.
When I posted my comment about tonight's refs, I was thinking the same thing. It was a guess on my part who was the culprit, especially when it came to a charge vs a block and a blocked shot vs a foul...

Reaction Score
Pili was better in the OT, but really good games for Young, McQueen and Wilke for the Utes. Vieria with the biggest hoop of the night to force OT, and she had a big impact in OT.

I already gave kudos to Jacquez, good game for Rice as well. Dugalic got off to a really good start but then disappeared.

I had some questions about Betts during the Ohio St. game, and I have even more now. I'm not sure that there's much more to her than just being tall. She's putting up good numbers and she's efficient, but I'm not sure about her pro prospects down the road. I think she needs to add a lot to her game.
I have had questions about Betts’ toughness since she was ranked the number one prospect. But, she has time to toughen up before her draft day iin two years

Reaction Score
One ref kept playing with his hair. I hope it's ok. I thought they allowed UCLA to be way too physical (too handsy) with UTAH guards.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have had questions about Betts’ toughness since she was ranked the number one prospect. But, she has time to toughen up before her draft day iin two years
It's more about skills to me. I don't see much variety in her low post moves. There's certainly time to improve that, some players completely transform their game as they mature. Also, she's a black hole, she has 10 assists this season. She needs to figure out how to pass out of a double/triple team.

Reaction Score
Is that Nancy Lieberman doing an annoying job on this KSt-Baylor game?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After UCLA-Utah, I switched over to some Big Sky action. I'm sure there is plenty of this all over the country, but Montana has an interesting team makeup. Younger sister of Ace Konig from NC State several years ago. Younger sister of Lexi Donarksi from Iowa St./North Carolina. Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw, grad transfer from Iowa St. The Huard sisters, daughters of former NFL QB and current tv announcer Brock. The much traveled Keeli Burton-Oliver, who was at both Arizona St. and Washington St. but never appeared in a game for either. And apparently half their roster is from Washington, and that doesn't even include the Huards who spent most of their life there before dad moved to Colorado for work.

Reaction Score
That CO/UT road trip in the Pac12 is quite something.

USC went 0-2
UCLA went 1-1
Stanford went 1-1

Then again, the USC/UCLA road combo will surely not be fun for teams too.
Yeah. Two great teams + high altitude. Congrats to both.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
KSU sinks Baylor.
IMG_1511.jpeg

Reaction Score
Baylor really didn't take advantage of those final 10 seconds. What was that???

Reaction Score
Baylor really didn't take advantage of those final 10 seconds. What was that???
After that initial quick foul by KSt, I'm guessing Baylor thought it was going to happen again so they threw up a 3 hoping they could turn that into 3 free throws.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That CO/UT road trip in the Pac12 is quite something.

USC went 0-2
UCLA went 1-1
Stanford went 1-1

Then again, the USC/UCLA road combo will surely not be fun for teams too.
Cal appears to be improved enough that you can't just overlook that part of the Bay Area road trip. 3 of the 4 Northwest schools left Berkeley with a loss this year.

There are plenty of not fun road trips around the conference.

Reaction Score
PAC-12 is ridiculously tough this season: UCLA is 4-2 and UTAH is 4-3. Both of these teams have the makeup to make the Final 4.
I’m pretty sure coaching will keep them both out of the final four but we will see!

Reaction Score
Kansas State plays like a veteran team. Really impressed with them. I really like Sundell. And Gabby Gregory has some rough shooting splits this season but she's still a big threat at all three levels.
I'm a bit perplexed by Baylor's recent struggles cus they looked so good against Texas to open conference play. it seemed like everyone played well that game. Today it was like the opposite where no one their team played well. It's only 3 losses though.
As far as Utah vs UCLA. Really impressed with Utah. Ive always liked McQueen and wanted her to take a step up. She played really well today and so many others did as well. They are formidable. I agree rough showing from Pilu but credit to Betts and Dugalic and Sontag. Pili didn't really have too many easy looks. She struggled against the size of Brink and Kiki of Stanford as well. I know it's kinda lazy and something she deals with every night but I do think length impacts her game. Would love to see her shoot from midrange more off pick and roll instead of trying to bulldoze. I'm not opposed to the bulldoze cuz that's her game but I think she needed to mix it up a bit more to be effective. Lastly, I do think she got fouled again on the second to last play in regulation.lol.
I agree with the Betts criticism as well but she's only a sophomore and will get better with more minutes. But I agree that she can be a bit one dimensional without variety in the post. But I still am pretty high on her. Just a tough game vs a really good team. I think UCLA will get better from this loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom