Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28 | The Boneyard

Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Another week of intraconference battles ahead, with some tasty top 25 matchups. It's always fun to see how long it takes ESPN to update rankings and have that flow thru all the other databases so the weekly schedule is updated. There will be a fast follow of conference vs overall standings. SEC and Big 12 still a bit of a mosh pit in regards to standings.

1705952401061.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Conference vs overall standings. Purple shaded are some interesting differences b/w each.

1705952486418.png

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Thursday is my birthday, and I am contemplating attending the NC State/Clemson game that evening; it's about an hour drive for me to Littlejohn. Weather forecast is for showers and thunderstorms...and I'm at an age now I don't feel 100% comfortable driving on wet roads, especially the poorly-maintained and poorly-lighted rural roads. Will be monitoring and will make a decision Thursday afternoon... but this is the closest I'll get to actually seeing NC State play live this season. I've attended the last two games when NC State traveled down here. I couldn't think of a better birthday present than having NC State play at a high level while I'm in attendance, and getting a road W.

The downside is...if I go, then I'll miss all of the hoopla (pardon the pun) about South Carolina's much-anticipated visit to Baton Rouge...and even if I record the game, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to go the whole evening without score updates being announced in Littlejohn.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm really bad at talking basketball when it comes to other teams. After we played Butler, I commented that I thought that Butler looked much better than their past teams but I guess I was really, really wrong about my opinion of them.

Reaction Score
Interesting games tonight.

UCLA at Utah who really needs to turn close games into wins.

k-State at Baylor doesn’t look so great with Ayoka Lee out and the wildcats Top 4 rank will be short lived, but if they can pull it off - throw dirt on Baylor

Reaction Score
Thursday is my birthday, and I am contemplating attending the NC State/Clemson game that evening; it's about an hour drive for me to Littlejohn. Weather forecast is for showers and thunderstorms...and I'm at an age now I don't feel 100% comfortable driving on wet roads, especially the poorly-maintained and poorly-lighted rural roads. Will be monitoring and will make a decision Thursday afternoon... but this is the closest I'll get to actually seeing NC State play live this season. I've attended the last two games when NC State traveled down here. I couldn't think of a better birthday present than having NC State play at a high level while I'm in attendance, and getting a road W.

The downside is...if I go, then I'll miss all of the hoopla (pardon the pun) about South Carolina's much-anticipated visit to Baton Rouge...and even if I record the game, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to go the whole evening without score updates being announced in Littlejohn.
Clemson should try playing all their ACC games in Greenville for one season. That’s the center of their biggest fanbase.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't seen Utah play since early in the season, but I noticed 2 Fr. that were completely off the recruiting radar looked good for them--Ross and Wilke. Today they have combined for 8 points for 4-6 shooting in the first half. Roberts seems to have a knack for that. Their recent success hasn't really translated into getting blue chippers, but she's a shrewd talent evaluator.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clemson should try playing all their ACC games in Greenville for one season. That’s the center of their biggest fanbase.

You remember the men did a few years ago while LJ was getting renovated... but of course the women were relegated to some small on-campus gym they have.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I haven't seen Utah play since early in the season, but I noticed 2 Fr. that were completely off the recruiting radar looked good for them--Ross and Wilke. Today they have combined for 8 points for 4-6 shooting in the first half. Roberts seems to have a knack for that. Their recent success hasn't really translated into getting blue chippers, but she's a shrewd talent evaluator.
I'm guessing that you are watching the game.
During the 1st half, the refs reviewed the tape for a possible flopping call against Utah. At this point I was distracted from the game and I am wondering what the outcome of the review was. This was the first flopping call review of the season that I have seen. Thanks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
During the 1st half, the refs reviewed the tape for a possible flopping call against Utah. At this point I was distracted from the game and I am wondering what the outcome of the review was. This was the first flopping call review of the season that I have seen. Thanks.
I believe I heard the commentators say a warning was issued.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Finally! Our fan board has been pleading for this for weeks. There are some extremely ludicrous floppers in our league, and the problem has gotten worst since they eliminated the restricted area. Just plant up and wait to reverse swan dive! Hope this is the beginning of a trend.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Strange game. The big stars haven't really showed out for either team, but getting some big contributions from other players.

Reaction Score
Finally! Our fan board has been pleading for this for weeks. There are some extremely ludicrous floppers in our league, and the problem has gotten worst since they eliminated the restricted area. Just plant up and wait to reverse swan dive! Hope this is the beginning of a trend.
I didn't think she flopped. I thought she jumped straight up and the little bump (not a foul) knocked her off balance. Officiating is awful.

Reaction Score
Baylor spent all that money for that overhead camera angle. I’ve read complaints about it, but it’s even worse than I would have guessed.
I can't see watching an entire game from that angle. But I like it because it gives viewers a realistic view of player spacing.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I've heard BY rumors about the refs of the PAC12 this season, and while watching tonight's UCLA v Utah game, I can confirm that they are no longer rumors. These 3 are the weirdest that I have ever seen. 50% of the time that a whistle sounded, I had no idea which player was going to be the culprit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My mistake, I thought Wilke is a Fr., but she's a soph transfer from Wisconsin.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Although both are very good players, Betts and Pili have both stunk tonight. The commentators keep saying both teams have been better without them on the floor, and I don't disagree.

Reaction Score
If UCLA loses this game, I suspect their #2 spot becomes precarious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom