Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 12 - Jan 22 to 28

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm putting Colorado on upset watch tonight.

Oregon State gets home and away with all of the top 5 teams in the conference. My prediction is they will win at least 2 of those 5 home games.
Do I get marginal credit for liking this immediately after you posted it? Colorado was bound to come down to sea level, literally and metaphorically.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You know, I think a few of us kept saying "don't count out Stanford" as UCLA and Colorado were getting all the hype. Guess who is in first place in the standings now?
But Stanford has by far the easiest conference schedule. The standings are not a good litmus test.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
You know, I think a few of us kept saying "don't count out Stanford" as UCLA and Colorado were getting all the hype. Guess who is in first place in the standings now?
But Stanford has by far the easiest conference schedule. The standings are not a good litmus test.
I just realized that Pac12 doesn't play everyone 2x - has it always been this way?

Reaction Score
I just realized that Pac12 doesn't play everyone 2x - has it always been this way?
None of the P-5 conferences have done this in years - have they? They are just too large aren’t they? If not, the P-4 next year certainly will be.

For us, I don’t want to see the non - conference “preseason” shortened. I also don’t want the conference season so congested that UConn and SCar has to be played in the “preseason” instead of it’s tradition mid-conference slot.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ladies & Gentlemen:
For tonight’s performance the role of Kreskin will be played by @Plebe .

Flash photography is prohibited.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? The guy’s ego is big enough already and will now go through the stratosphere! Think of the name “Plebe“ like “Beetlejuice”, just don’t say it, otherwise he never goes away….:p

i jest of course as I admire the guy and would never use snark…oh wait…nevermind….:oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After tonights results in the CAA, Ill give you one guess who is tied for first place with Stony Brook. One hint, they are located here in Greensboro.

Ladies & Gentlemen:
For tonight’s performance the role of Kreskin will be played by @Plebe .

Flash photography is prohibited.

I'm not sure who Kreskin is, but when i saw the score last night I thought two things. Brother Plebe did it again, and I may call on him for aid when mobile betting hits NC in a few months.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not since they've had 12 teams. Pac 10 days they did do double round robin. I think they tried 20 conference games one season so you only skipped 1 pair of teams for a second meeting, but then went back to 18 league games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, scenarios like that are going to happen in every conference because of unbalanced schedules. Maybe we shouldn't even declare conference champions any more?

Reaction Score
After tonights results in the CAA, Ill give you one guess who is tied for first place with Stony Brook. One hint, they are located here in Greensboro.

I'm not sure who Kreskin is, but when i saw the score last night I thought two things. Brother Plebe did it again, and I may call on him for aid when mobile betting hits NC in a few months.
Kreskin was a magician/mentalist. Saw him at my upstate NY College. He did mass hypnosis, mind reading, card tricks.
Preferred Amazing Randi as far as approach, technique, and attitude.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, scenarios like that are going to happen in every conference because of unbalanced schedules. Maybe we shouldn't even declare conference champions any more?
Well, I'm not the one who declares conference champions; conferences do that. I personally find it more informative to grade performance relative to the schedule with the awareness that not all schedules were made equal.

In the case of the Pac-12, there's a massive difference a team that plays only 4 games vs. the top 5, compared to teams that plays 7 or more games vs. the top 5.

Hypothetically, if Team A goes 2-2 vs. the top 5, Team B goes 4-3, and Team C goes 6-4, which team performed the best?

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
SWERVE: This is not about two top level teams playing today but I am amused by their facts.
This is posted on ESPN in their coverage of this afternoon's Providence at Xavier game:
The Xavier Musketeers (1-16, 0-6 Big East) bring a six-game losing streak into a home matchup with the Providence Friars (10-11, 2-4 Big East), who have lost four straight. The game starts at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 27, 2024.

Actually, Providence is on a two game winning streak, having beaten conference foes Villanova, in OT, on the 24th and Butler on the 21st of January.

Reaction Score
SWERVE: This is not about two top level teams playing today but I am amused by their facts.
This is posted on ESPN in their coverage of this afternoon's Providence at Xavier game:
The Xavier Musketeers (1-16, 0-6 Big East) bring a six-game losing streak into a home matchup with the Providence Friars (10-11, 2-4 Big East), who have lost four straight. The game starts at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 27, 2024.

Actually, Providence is on a two game winning streak, having beaten conference foes Villanova, in OT, on the 24th and Butler on the 21st of January.

Don’t be so hard . Believing that providence is on a losing streak would be correct at pretty much any point in the last 25+ years.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Shows you how much ESPN knows anything about teams and conferences that they don't have exclusive coverage rights.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In a game that may be under the radar...

Middle Tennessee (15-4) visits FIU (13-5) for sole possession of first place in Conference USA. Both teams have 5-0 conference records.
FIU may be 5-0 but they are outside the top 150 in the NET. MTSU is #50 should win this ... but we shall see.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Don’t be so hard . Believing that providence is on a losing streak would be correct at pretty much any point in the last 25+ years.
That is why them being on a two game conference winning streak is kinda big news for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom