Week 10 preview (Jan. 10-16) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 10 preview (Jan. 10-16)

Reaction Score
Florida Gators
  • Bad for several years
  • Lost coach in scandal over the summer
  • Lost star player Briggs to nagging injuries
And yet they just won back to back games over TAMU & Auburn.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Indiana holds off a late Nebraska rally and wins 72-65. Did I hear first 4-0 conference start for the Hoosiers ever? Good win for them w/ no Mackenzie Holmes. They only played 6 players. Gulbe had a big game but fouled out, so the one bench player got a lot of run down the stretch.

edit--5-0 start

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see what meme response this gets from Triad.
D3BeAZ_XcAIFFiQ.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Geez Louise.

This is Virginia Tech's season so far, summarized in three bullet points:
  • Beat a bunch of total scrubs in meaningless games.
  • Got whipped in every meaningful game they played — including a drubbing at the hands of Missouri State, a team far outside the top 25 in polls — except ...
  • Demolished Duke not once, but twice.
I can't even begin to describe how typical this is of the ACC. Teams with nothing going for them get handed "quality" wins by overrated opponents, like hobos in the bread line.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Louisville finally pulled away from a pesky Syracuse 84-71. 20 each for Hailey Van Lith and Kianna Smith.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iowa over Purdue 79-66. Czinano w/ 27 on 12-14 shooting. Clark never warmed up from the floor, but 14-16 FTs (?/!). She had 24 pts/8 reb/9 assists. She's had a bunch of near misses on triple doubles it seems like.

I guess I was wrong, Iowa finished 0-15 from 3. I figured after 0-8 first half they would have to warm up. They didn't. But 26-38 on 2''s and 27-30 from the FT line.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What in the world happened to Wright St.? They were in the thick of a highly contested conference race last year and knocked off Arkansas in the first round of the Tourney.

With a loss tonight they fell to 0-8 in conference and 1-8 overall. Has anybody dropped further from last year to this year than they have?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez, I enjoy watching Indiana. Having Maine ties, I have been watching them because of Holmes, but I enjoyed watching them tonight even without her. They had a nice win tonight.

Reaction Score
What in the world happened to Wright St.? They were in the thick of a highly contested conference race last year and knocked off Arkansas in the first round of the Tourney.

With a loss tonight they fell to 0-8 in conference and 1-8 overall. Has anybody dropped further from last year to this year than they have?
The coach from last season is now at Memphis I believe. Didn't realize that they're winless for the season. Wow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN cs Vandy starting on SEC 9PM. Seeing the Giants of TN vs the height challenged Vandy team is pretty remarkable.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Arby's closed??? This early in the day? Those curly fries!

Before anyone accuses me of taking this thread on a tangent... remember I wasn't the one to bring up curly fries. That being said.... Arby's has been disappointing me lately... due to supply issues combined with labor shortages. I went to one Arby's a while back... and they said they were out of roast beef... and alot of them have been closing real early... like around 6pm..... aint nothing more frustrating than driving all over town to get some Arby's and they all being closed.... and this was at 7pm. The one I was going to tonight was closed due to the City Workers were working on a Power line...and the restaurant was closed.... as well as other nearby businesses.

I did have a taste for a Fish Sandwich......and I had a coupon for some curly fries.... but alas.. it wasn't meant to be. I had to settle for a _______ McDonalds fish filet the size of ______ 2 thimbles.. and some stale _______ fries. ... then I come home to watch that debacle in Cameron.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is Nyah green injured?

She was in the protocol... not sure if she was back tonight. She has gotten little to no playing time this year. Its a mystery to some of us Duke fans.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida St. had a big Q3 and looked to be in good position against Georgia Tech...but then fell apart down the stretch. GT wins 68-64. Career high 24 for Cubaj. How is she averaging under double figures for the season?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess it wasn't mentioned, Texas A&M kept it close in the first half against South Carolina, but 2nd half turned into a run away. 20 point final margin.

Reaction Score
#12 LSU escapes Missouri- 87-85 (OT). Missouri hit 15 threes :eek: but LSU owned the glass 45-31.

The SEC, ACC, Big10 & Big 12 are the most competitive that I’ve ever seen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't think Oregon St. is a Tourney team this year. Haven't beaten anybody worth a damn yet this year. Didn't score for the last 3 minutes, let this one slip away from them against Arizona.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
#12 LSU escapes Missouri- 87-85 (OT). Missouri hit 15 threes :eek: but LSU owned the glass 45-31.

The SEC, ACC, Big10 & Big 12 are the most competitive that I’ve ever seen.
When you're talking about 4 of the 5 P5 you could just as easily say there's a lot of so-so teams and anyone can win on any given night. Based on my eye test so far, it's felt less like the conferences are deep than that they are all shallow - just not a lot of teams playing really clean ball on both sides of the court. Clearly college athletes are as pandemic-fatigued as the rest of us!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom