Week 10 preview (Jan. 10-16) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 10 preview (Jan. 10-16)

Reaction Score
I agree. Especially in the last minute when KSU runs the 30 second clock down to 9, calls the TO, inbound the ball right in front of the bench and immediately chuck up a 3 pointer, that was a miss. I believe at the time KSU was up by 1.
And he started with more than 4 minutes left. Dribbling around didn't even get them a chance to get fouled. By the time they tried to run any offense they were panicked, and Lee was double and triple teamed. That last pass should have gone to the foul line area, but the rest of the players had been in "watch" mode for the past 4 minutes. I felt bad for those girls. Coach demonstrated zero faith in them.

Reaction Score
And he started with more than 4 minutes left. Dribbling around didn't even get them a chance to get fouled. By the time they tried to run any offense they were panicked, and Lee was double and triple teamed. That last pass should have gone to the foul line area, but the rest of the players had been in "watch" mode for the past 4 minutes. I felt bad for those girls. Coach demonstrated zero faith in them.
The announcers were saying the same when the turnovers started to happen. They suggested that they should get back to attacking and moving the ball.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thats a pretty big game for Baylor. Starting conference play 0-2 would not be good. Better bring some defense because OU can score in a hurry.
Like I said when they made the Collen hire, just because she was in the WNBA doesn't mean she actually knows how to coach. I have watched this team regress regularly where they can't get the ball to their stud on any regularity. There currently is a search party out looking for Queen Egbo who has disappeared from the offensive game plan. Images of Steph White are flashing before my eyes in overpaid and underskilled at coaching hires....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Add Arizona St. @ Oregon St. to the list of casualties, ASU still on protocol. Assuming Thursday's game against Arizona happens, OSU will have only played 1 conference game thru the first 3 weeks of the schedule. Brutal.

Reaction Score
looking forward to Colorado Stanford as this is already a loaded Pac 12.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It's looking less and less likely that the Duke/NC State game will be played on Sunday. The weather forecast calls for a wintry mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain across the western and central Carolinas late Saturday night and Sunday.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma outscored Baylor 23-12 in Q4 and won 83-77. Bears dropped to 0-2 in conference.
Baylor finally decided not to jack up a thousand 3's this game and feed their posts (which improved their offense). The issue is Baylor looks like a WNBA team playing defense, soft all over. OU took advantage. Impressive performance by them considering they were down to 7 players. Jen is making a helluva first impression this season.

Reaction Score
Five days after losing by 17 to Creighton, Marquette beats DePaul by 3 in OT.

Looks like the race for second in the Big East could be interesting this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't count out the High Point Panthers just yet. My Panthers took 85 South to Spartanburg and come back home with a 83-73 victory over the upstart Spartans of SC-Upstate.

It's looking less and less likely that the Duke/NC State game will be played on Sunday. The weather forecast calls for a wintry mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain across the western and central Carolinas late Saturday night and Sunday.

Yeah.... reminds me of the second weekend of Dec 2018... possibility of significant snow messing up travel plans around the state. That Sunday SC dodged a bullet by getting the game vs Duke postponed. Looks like your Wolfpack will dodge a similar bullet.

Reaction Score
Texas lost to Kansas last night
Yup and fans posting on the Texas board aren't too happy about it. I can understand it for last night's game, but the impression I get from reading the comments is that some believe the season is going to be worse than last year.

Not sure if that is how it will turn out in the end, but it's fair to believe their season was going to be up and down during certain points of the season. The team is fairly young and streaky based on what I've seen so far. I think they need to see how the rest of conference play goes as it's only January.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Don't count out the High Point Panthers just yet. My Panthers took 85 South to Spartanburg and come back home with a 83-73 victory over the upstart Spartans of SC-Upstate.
A real slugfest between teams in the bottom quartile of D-I.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A real slugfest between teams in the bottom quartile of D-I.

20220113_121003.jpg

Reaction Score
Tonight (Thursday) has some really nice match-ups
Nebraska/Indiana should be a good one.
Same with Missouri/LSU
Iowa/Purdue
FSU/Georgia Tech
Lady Vols/Vandy
Arizona/OSU

I just gotta figure out which one I plan on watching.

Reaction Score
Same with Missouri/LSU
Iowa/Purdue
FSU/Georgia Tech
Lady Vols/Vandy
Arizona/OSU

I think Virginia Tech/Duke could be another interesting one.

Virginia Tech is without Sheppard. Duke doesn't have Taylor, but Day-Wilson is back after being out due to COVID protocols.

Which team adjusts from the last match up? Virginia Tech won by at least 20. Not sure if that will happen tonight.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Virginia Tech/Duke could be another interesting one.

Virginia Tech is without Sheppard. Duke doesn't have Taylor, but Day-Wilson is back after being out due to COVID protocols.

Which team adjusts from the last match up? Virginia Tech won by at least 20. Not sure if that will happen tonight.

As the esteemed rapper Future said... Ain't no way.. Ain't no ______ way

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And now the forecast has been changed from Saturday and Sunday to Sunday and Monday...stay tuned.

But knowing how the "powers that be" work, the game could be postponed based on the forecast alone.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Same with Missouri/LSU
Iowa/Purdue
FSU/Georgia Tech
Lady Vols/Vandy
Arizona/OSU

Add BYU vs St. Mary's, California at 8:00 CT on the BYU Network.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow.

Game is still to be decided, but win or lose, Duke is definitely taking a tumble on my ballot.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow.

Game is still to be decided, but win or lose, Duke is definitely taking a tumble on my ballot.
Can't wait to see what meme response this gets from Triad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom