We Should Be #1 on Monday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

We Should Be #1 on Monday

Reaction Score
I'm just glad Kentucky lost, I was expecting them to jump all the way to #1 if they beat A&M based on how the media is gushing over them.

Reaction Score
Everything you said makes sense. Unless there’s a 15-2 defending national champ who’s 3-1 against top 15 teams and 5-1 in conference who defeated the NET 43 team on the road this week in a year when no one can win on the road at 4. In that scenario that said team should be #1
I mean, I agree. I'd vote UConn #1. But I can see a world in which that doesn't happen. Especially after that abomination of a game today.

Reaction Score
We will be #2 maybe even #3

I don’t Ike it but is what it is. Win our games this week then you can complain.

It would be much different if Don was playing full steam. But just because we have not lost doesn’t mean we are better than Kansas or Purdue without Don in the eyes of voters

Reaction Score
I'm just glad Kentucky lost, I was expecting them to jump all the way to #1 if they beat A&M based on how the media is gushing over them.
They would have gotten #1 votes. They were ranked ahead of us by a number of voters.

Kentucky is also a good team. They shouldn't be #1, but I do think they are far more of a threat for a deep run than Cal has had since 2019.

2022 fooled me, though, so who knows...

Reaction Score
We will be #2 maybe even #3

I don’t Ike it but is what it is. Win our games this week then you can complain.

It would be much different if Don was playing full steam. But just because we have not lost doesn’t mean we are better than Kansas or Purdue without Don in the eyes of voters
No one ever votes like this. There winning without their best player shouldn’t be a demerit. 2 sure. 3 would be unexplainable

Reaction Score
Season 9 Whatever GIF

Reaction Score
I haven't seen most of the other teams in the top 10, but if they had a poll for toughness, UConn should be at the top. Just need Clingan back at 100 %, then they will really close the inside and stop drives and grab rebounds & block shots. Like Hurley said before, you better get us now because it's coming.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if they get any. The #1 votes are going to be Purdue, UConn, and (maybe) UNC (who was #4 in a few polls and #5 ahead of us in 2 or 3).

Just think of it like this: If Purdue and Houston won, would UConn jump Kansas? The answer is obviously yes. In what world would Purdue and Houston losing in addition to Kansas have Kansas jump up to #1. If you're not dropping Kansas below UConn, you aren't dropping Purdue below Kansas for similar reasons—Kansas couldn't even make it to the Finals of the tournament Purdue won.
I’m not arguing the merits, I disagree with it. I’m just saying what the logic will be. I’ll be very surprised if they don’t land at least a handful of first place votes.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
If being slighted by getting ranked number 2 gives the guys more motivation to kick the outta Creighton on Wednesday, then I'm all for getting ranked number 2. If the boys can keep winning, #1 is inevitable. If not, theres a bigger prize waiting. Why spend my days getting upset about these morons who often think UCLA is a more important college basketball program than Uconn is in 2024

Reaction Score
I want them to be #1 because the players have said it means something to them. Does it matter in the grand scheme of winning it all in April? Probably not, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

This group has managed to go 5-0 without their unicorn starting center in the, as Hurley calls it, “brutal” Big East. This week, no other top 5 team was able to do what they did (win all their games). So to me, this week, they’ve earned it. Who know where we’ll be this time next Sunday, but if the team sees it as a reward for the work they’ve done so far, I think they’ve earned it and I hope the actual voters think so, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom