We Have a Game Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We Have a Game Tonight

Reaction Score
I'm watching of course. Yes I'm a UConn fan but also a fan of mysteries, and we've got a great mini-series going on right now.

Reaction Score
Well.... in the Big East, they have Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30 PM and 9 PM games. All conferences have late games now including ACC and Big 10.

It's the day more than the time. For a long time Mon-Wed, Saturday were the big college hoops days. Big Monday, Super Tuesday, the ESPN Wed games (forget what dumb name they gave it), and then a Saturday full of Top 25 action. Especially as a big NBA fan, Thursdays have long been about the TNT doubleheader. Thursday games are such an afterthought in the college hoops world, and late ones are just a punch in the nuts.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It's the day more than the time. For a long time Mon-Wed, Saturday were the big college hoops days. Big Monday, Super Tuesday, the ESPN Wed games (forget what dumb name they gave it), and then a Saturday full of Top 25 action. Especially as a big NBA fan, Thursdays have long been about the TNT doubleheader. Thursday games are such an afterthought in the college hoops world, and late ones are just a punch in the nuts.
Sounds like the makings of an upset.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
With our limited and reduced roster, we can only expect so much against Houston. I predict a loss, but hope we can hang within 15. I also hope DH manages the substitutions more wisely than he did against Villanova.

Reaction Score
9pm on Thursday night at the Frittata center? This is a cant miss

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I remember the reference to hiring Hurley stating “no more 20 point blowouts”
That was last year, how many times have we gotten blown out this year? The progress is there and if you can't notice it you're blind.

Reaction Score
9 PM tip-off, I'll be lucky if I stay awake past half time
What are u, 90? Tmrws Friday. Weeks almost over. Not like game is tipping off at 10:30 and ending at 1am. Do u go to bed when the sun sets and wake up when the rooster crows like u own a farm back in the 1800s? Cmon now. We only play like once a week as it is.lol I ’m just messing with you my
Man. This team gets me so aggravated I couldn’t fall sleep if I wanted to during the game. Lol

Reaction Score
Holy moly. I've been so busy and catching Sunday and Tulsa bits here that I thought our next game is Sunday. Now I have something to look forward to when I get home from work tonight. U-COONNNN!

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
We lost by 39 points to Houston to end the season last year. That has to factor in as extra incentive tonight. We are competitive (aside from a couple of lousy games to Cincinnati and USF, now long past), and most of us here believe the Huskies are capable of winning tonight. What I'm looking to see from the opening tip tonight is that THEY believe they can win. Go get 'em, Huskies!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm watching for sure but my swag is so low right now. Maybe Houston is feeling a bit too high right now and is ripe to be smacked back into reality.

Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling, especially after listening to the coaches show podcast, that we are going to see Charleston Bouk tonight. Hurley has been in his ear to be more aggressive, but smart aggressive. I think we will see him moving better without the ball to get open, looking for his 3 pt shot more, and that will give him confidence to make some strong assertive drives with a plan.

Reaction Score
We know this team is physically capable of leading late against better teams on the road, so it's hard to say a win would be shocking, but until they actually win one I'll find it hard to not be waiting for the momentum to flip when they have a lead.

Reaction Score
And there’s crickets on here. This year isn’t over yet. We can steal a W!
One of those late week night games that you get juiced for... but not too juiced... because you know it’s likely another depressing and embarrassing AAC loss

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
What are u, 90? Tmrws Friday. Weeks almost over. Not like game is tipping off at 10:30 and ending at 1am. Do u go to bed when the sun sets and wake up when the rooster crows like u own a farm back in the 1800s? Cmon now. We only play like once a week as it is.lol I ’m just messing with you my
Man. This team gets me so aggravated I couldn’t fall sleep if I wanted to during the game. Lol
I get up to workout at 5am everyday and then work all day but go off king

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom