Video Paige Bueckers NIL Deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video Paige Bueckers NIL Deal

Reaction Score
so what would be most profitable for her as time goes on; to score more or pass more?

Reaction Score
While I sincerely hope we never know what Paige’s deal is worth, here’s something to ponder.

StockX currently has 30 million customers. One of the plans seems to be for StockX to introduce some type of private label “Paige Buckets” apparel.

If Paige Buckets apparel brings in an additional 3 million customers to StockX, generating an average of $50 each, that would result in additional revenue of $150 million. Assuming a 30% markup, the company would generate an additional $50 million in profit.

What type of bonus would Paige be in line for?
That's what fine print in a contract is for and I guarantee it's in there.

Reaction Score
so what would be most profitable for her as time goes on; to score more or pass more?
Who knows? That's the kind of question that's basically impossible to answer.

I'll just say that Paige's shooting makes you lose all your air screaming "Wow!", and her assists take your breath away while gasping "WTF?" (Software edited my post here, as it probably should have. Imagination, folks.)

I'll gladly pay for both.

Reaction Score
She probably can't really do a shoe deal until after Uconn. It probably would be a prerequisite for signing with a wnba team that she can negotiate her own shoe deal. Only 10 wnba players have shoe deals so it's not a forgone conclusion that she even gets one but she should position herself for that opportunity and this deal kind of does that well right? She even had them commit to releasing the sales data so she can take that into those negotiations. She's being represented well.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Now she can have peanut butter on Ritz crackers, a true step up.
i never liked ritz crackers, even as a kid. they have a weird, fake buttery flavor. they were on sale a few weeks back at $2 a box, and with all their new flavors, i decided to try again, and bought the 'everything' version.
gross. and, those things really shrunk.
there is a wide spectrum of offerings in the saltine category. too bad they don't sell an 'almost burnt' version for my tastes. the less expensive saltines, store brands, never seem to leave them long enuf in the ovens.
they're kinda like 'raw saltines,' tho still way better than a ritz. of course, my fav -triscuit rye- seems to be disappeared, even tho they too, now make a ridiculous amount of versions.
i could not care less aboot how much someone else makes, and when you add it to the sports gambling stuff, well, let's just say 'two more things that have nothing to do with the game' from my perspective.
the English are all-world in their cracker game.

Reaction Score
The one thing she said in the video that really jumped out at me was saying that "In five years, I hope to be in the league playing WNBA..."

So, I guess there's a possibility that she'll stick around for her senior season, and maybe add one more for Covid. Four years of Paige and Azzi?

Reaction Score
The one thing she said in the video that really jumped out at me was saying that "In five years, I hope to be in the league playing WNBA..."

So, I guess there's a possibility that she'll stick around for her senior season, and maybe add one more for Covid. Four years of Paige and Azzi?
That may be reading into it too much. No one ever asks "where do you see yourself in four years or nine years from now?" In five years she could already be in her third professional season, so it could be true that she plans on going pro ASAP, or not, and in both scenarios she'd likely be playing in the WNBA five years from now.

Reaction Score
They already have folks with the green, yellow and red cards. They work for Geno.

Reaction Score
Let me state what should be obvious. This is a multiyear deal with a very well matched company with deep pockets, by top representation. No way this deal is under a million value. No way. It would be criminal level misrepresentation if it were. Paige fits their needs extremely well. She IS the role model for their target market and note that she talked about the need to support POC in her ESPN speech. Black people buy sneakers also. She is the right demographic. She's fun and authentic as hell. Something like a million instagram followers. Just the people involved wouldn't want to do little deals. It would make no sense to do little deals. They get a cut. They are not going to leave money on the table. StockX can afford it. No matter what they paid, I think they got excellent value from Paige. I think Paige is well on her way to become an even bigger star even if she doesn't improve. She's positioned very well already to capitalize on this and she made a good decision to start now.

Reaction Score
i never liked ritz crackers, even as a kid. they have a weird, fake buttery flavor. they were on sale a few weeks back at $2 a box, and with all their new flavors, i decided to try again, and bought the 'everything' version.
gross. and, those things really shrunk.
there is a wide spectrum of offerings in the saltine category. too bad they don't sell an 'almost burnt' version for my tastes. the less expensive saltines, store brands, never seem to leave them long enuf in the ovens.
they're kinda like 'raw saltines,' tho still way better than a ritz. of course, my fav -triscuit rye- seems to be disappeared, even tho they too, now make a ridiculous amount of versions.
i could not care less aboot how much someone else makes, and when you add it to the sports gambling stuff, well, let's just say 'two more things that have nothing to do with the game' from my perspective.
the English are all-world in their cracker game.
Of course, the English call them “biscuits.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I did see in one of the articles (not going to try to find it) that the length was 3 years and not just multiyear. That timing is optimal for everyone.

Reaction Score
Let me state what should be obvious. This is a multiyear deal with a very well matched company with deep pockets, by top representation. No way this deal is under a million value. No way. It would be criminal level misrepresentation if it were. Paige fits their needs extremely well. She IS the role model for their target market and note that she talked about the need to support POC in her ESPN speech. Black people buy sneakers also. She is the right demographic. She's fun and authentic as hell. Something like a million instagram followers. Just the people involved wouldn't want to do little deals. It would make no sense to do little deals. They get a cut. They are not going to leave money on the table. StockX can afford it. No matter what they paid, I think they got excellent value from Paige. I think Paige is well on her way to become an even bigger star even if she doesn't improve. She's positioned very well already to capitalize on this and she made a good decision to start now.
I'd be surprised if she was getting paid a million dollars or anything close to that. Even the CFB deals aren't close to that kind of money (yet), and that's a much more popular sport with a lot more money sloshing around for the sport's stakeholders. The NIL deals so far are more interesting because of their newness than they are lucrative.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if she was getting paid a million dollars or anything close to that. Even the CFB deals aren't close to that kind of money (yet), and that's a much more popular sport with a lot more money sloshing around for the sport's stakeholders. The NIL deals so far are more interesting because of their newness than they are lucrative.
Like the article linked describing (no dollar amount) Azzi's deal, company equity is part of the package.

Reaction Score
Who knows? That's the kind of question that's basically impossible to answer.

I'll just say that Paige's shooting makes you lose all your air screaming "Wow!", and her assists take your breath away while gasping "?" (Software edited my post here, as it probably should have. Imagination, folks.)

I'll gladly pay for both.
My question had more to do with how these contracts might affect other players on a team, team play, and what would attract most fan attention. The hope would be that a player like Paige would not change her style of play just because it would be more profitable for her to be a flashy high scorer. But do we know that for sure? I guess an argument might be that the more success a team has the better, for someone like Paige. I would think that just the fact that she has this lucrative deal might make it a bit awkward for her. And could this affect the team?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My question had more to do with how these contracts might affect other players on a team, team play, and what would attract most fan attention. The hope would be that a player like Paige would not change her style of play just because it would be more profitable for her to be a flashy high scorer. But do we know that for sure? I guess an argument might be that the more success a team has the better, for someone like Paige. I would think that just the fact that she has this lucrative deal might make it a bit awkward for her. And could this affect the team?
I think it is clear with the increased talent and maturity of last year's players, she will be less interested in scoring as she has explicitly stated and focus on passing. We already saw a few more and really effective no look passes which unfortunately were not converted but will in time. We all benefit. Team mates, Team performance, Fans and the WCBB game :)

Reaction Score
I think it is clear with the increased talent and maturity of last year's players, she will be less interested in scoring as she has explicitly stated and focus on passing. We already saw a few more and really effective no look passes which unfortunately were not converted but will in time. We all benefit. Team mates, Team performance, Fans and the WCBB game :)

Good post @eebmg.

In my humble opinion, Paige's personal character will not allow her to change her game for an extra buck. If it changes, it will be because it benefits her team. She'll score when she needs to, when she has to, and I do look forward to some of those passes this year. As does Geno. :D

Reaction Score
If these videos are scripted and edited, as I assume they are, why not clean up the jarring misuse of the language? In this tape it's not egregious, but why have it at all?
We focus appropriately on the "athlete" in "student-athlete," perhaps not enough on "student."
For authenticity sake? From an academic standpoint...the goal is to speak the Queen's English. BUT, in reality, many will not achieve that to the degree expected. AND...that's okay. Not everyone excels at Math or any other subject either. We all know these videos are all about marketing and in most cases the manipulation of reality. I have 3 words. Keep it real. I'm not discounting the value of academics, but, I also appreciate people being allowed to be themselves. There's value in that as well.

Reaction Score
Last year was the first year college women got significantly more TV time. Women in sports in general are the highest growth cohort. Women are great consumers. The primary buyers in most families. Title 9 has helped foster growth of women's sports and look around, most of us fans here appear to be men. The time is now to get in on this if you are a sports product marketer like StockX and Biosteel. These women represent great values and are perfectly positioned with the top college team and great social media presences. If Paige isn't getting a million for that deal I'd be surprised. If she got equity and I think I read that to her it was "about equity", then when she cashes in her stock options she could probably make more than a million in my opinion. Kobe's widow got $400 million for a sports drink equity cash out. These sorts of deals can be very profitable. StockX is positioning themselves for a public offering if I remember correctly. They want publicity badly. They want website traffic from the "Paige" demographic badly. Top sports agents know this.

Reaction Score
Last year was the first year college women got significantly more TV time. Women in sports in general are the highest growth cohort. Women are great consumers. The primary buyers in most families. Title 9 has helped foster growth of women's sports and look around, most of us fans here appear to be men. The time is now to get in on this if you are a sports product marketer like StockX and Biosteel. These women represent great values and are perfectly positioned with the top college team and great social media presences. If Paige isn't getting a million for that deal I'd be surprised. If she got equity and I think I read that to her it was "about equity", then when she cashes in her stock options she could probably make more than a million in my opinion. Kobe's widow got $400 million for a sports drink equity cash out. These sorts of deals can be very profitable. StockX is positioning themselves for a public offering if I remember correctly. They want publicity badly. They want website traffic from the "Paige" demographic badly. Top sports agents know this.
Kobe's wife got the money because of KOBE not because of her. Also you are overreacting to some of these deals. I don't know what you mean by " women got significantly more TV time." Aside the wcbb community most ppl don't know who Paige is, I saw the sportscenter tweet of her nil deal and while yes there are some trolls who just say who? There were a lot of comments that said " don't know who she is but am happy for her" which is fine, not everyone follows wcbb and that's totally fine. I just need to get more proof especially considering the last time we had a tournament in 2019 before pre-covid, the tournament lost around 2 million dollars.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
CFB may be a more popular sport, but no one wears FB shoes casually (I'd like to assume). The market for basketball shoes is huge and not to mention basketball is more popular globally compared to American Football so I think there's that factor.

Reaction Score
Kobe's wife got the money because of KOBE not because of her. Also you are overreacting to some of these deals. I don't know what you mean by " women got significantly more TV time." Aside the wcbb community most ppl don't know who Paige is, I saw the sportscenter tweet of her nil deal and while yes there are some trolls who just say who? There were a lot of comments that said " don't know who she is but am happy for her" which is fine, not everyone follows wcbb and that's totally fine. I just need to get more proof especially considering the last time we had a tournament in 2019 before pre-covid, the tournament lost around 2 million dollars.
Of course Kobe's wife got the money because of Kobe. The point is that EQUITY stock options on a company going private can result in a lot of money. I'm projecting Kobe to be 400 times more valuable than Paige, who just ran the table in college awards as a Freshman. I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm just guessing but it is not an ignorant guess. It's a reasonable projection. Major company. Major agent. Multi year deal with equity. Top woman player in college basketball with 1 million instagram followers, over 300,000 tiktok followers, top college program for women's sports. Heh, I could be wrong but I don't think it's a $20,000 Chipotle deal. This is probably Paige's flagship opportunity this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom