Video Paige Bueckers NIL Deal | The Boneyard

Video Paige Bueckers NIL Deal

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stuff sure looks super comfy.

VPPBRW6YAFDTDGNXE53GW6CVJQ.png

Reaction Score
If these videos are scripted and edited, as I assume they are, why not clean up the jarring misuse of the language? In this tape it's not egregious, but why have it at all?
We focus appropriately on the "athlete" in "student-athlete," perhaps not enough on "student."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So we can assume that Paige will never have to buy clothes for the rest of her life?
and maybe the love trickles down to her team mates?

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
This is huge. I've been using StockX in the last couple of years to cop some Jordans and next thing I know PB is working with them. :eek:

Reaction Score
Interesting story on ESPN regarding Paige’s first NIL deal.
Terms not disclosed.
Article states one source that estimates Paige’s NIL value at $380K annually at this time.
Wowza.
The times certainly a changin’...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Terms not disclosed.
Article states one source that estimates Paige’s NIL value at $380K annually at this time.
Wowza.
Based on "During last spring's NCAA tournament, Opendorse had estimated Bueckers' NIL value at $382,000 per year.", that was before the ESPY speech which probably pumped her value alot more. I think she could go 7 figures if she just went after everything that is pushed to her but it is clear she is very particular in what she is associated with.

Reaction Score
Terms not disclosed.
Wowza.
$382K was the low number thrown out last March by Opendorse. The high number thrown out by her management team is in the $1M range. That's the total per year, not just one deal, but Wowza is right.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I sincerely hope we never know what Paige’s deal is worth, here’s something to ponder.

StockX currently has 30 million customers. One of the plans seems to be for StockX to introduce some type of private label “Paige Buckets” apparel.

If Paige Buckets apparel brings in an additional 3 million customers to StockX, generating an average of $50 each, that would result in additional revenue of $150 million. Assuming a 30% markup, the company would generate an additional $50 million in profit.

What type of bonus would Paige be in line for?

Reaction Score
Not a bad start. Uconn probably has a team shoe deal right? That might preclude her from going direct on that right now. StockX is a distributor probably right? It made sense that they would time the announcement around the start of the season. I've been actually thinking about sponsorship a lot the past few years as I own a sports company. I have a few athletes signed. From the outside it looks as though this is a solid start. i think the recent exposure of women's basketball on TV much more is going to blow up the revenue potential for these athletes. I don't think I would sign long term deals if I were them. Make them renewable maybe but have flexibility as to the rate. And be careful of who they sign. You want to stay authentic. Chiportle works. Maybe StockX ( I don't know anything about them ). Didn't like the orange ensemble but she rocked that black basketball gear outfit. Whoever did the photo shoot was mediocre. It was acceptable. Not great. Anyway, most importantly, grow that social media following and stay authentic. This is just beginning so don't blow it with some sponsor who is inathentic. The growth rate of women's basketball is probably going to be extremely rapid now that they are getting much better TV coverage. Sports is big business. Paige has potential to make 10's of millions, maybe more over her career. It's a new world baby!

Reaction Score
While I sincerely hope we never know what Paige’s deal is worth, here’s something to ponder.

StockX currently has 30 million customers. One of the plans seems to be for StockX to introduce some type of private label “Paige Buckets” apparel.

If Paige Buckets apparel brings in an additional 3 million customers to StockX, generating an average of $50 each, that would result in additional revenue of $150 million. Assuming a 30% markup, the company would generate an additional $50 million in profit.

What type of bonus would Paige be in line for?
Private labels branding can be insanely profitable. That should be their approach. think more like 70-80% margins.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am waiting for a shoe contract.
This deal could foreclose that since the company markets a number of sneaker companies:

"In her first official photoshoot with StockX, she rotated between items from Nike, New Balance, the Essentials line from Adidas-associated Jerry Lorenzo, and the OVO clothing line from the Nike- and Jordan Brand-associated Drake."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This deal could foreclose that since the company markets a number of sneaker companies:

"In her first official photoshoot with StockX, she rotated between items from Nike, New Balance, the Essentials line from Adidas-associated Jerry Lorenzo, and the OVO clothing line from the Nike- and Jordan Brand-associated Drake."

How about “Paige Buckets” shoes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom