Video: "Huskymania! Connecticut's 1989-1990 Championship Season" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Video: "Huskymania! Connecticut's 1989-1990 Championship Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that, so many memories. I was in middle school and spent many hours in the driveway that spring and summer with friends re-enacting Burrell to Tate George and trying to perfect a jump shot like Chris Smith (unfortunately that part never panned out for me).

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We lost our first two Big East games that season including a 30 point loss at St. John's.
I was at that road game with a friend from UConn. We were both undergrads at the time and being from Stamford he had knowledge of the area. That game was ugly. Took my hat off on the way out just to reduce the verbal abuse. The only notable thing for me was having Rod Sellers' family a few rows behind us. Apparently his name to them was Ra-Ra.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was at that road game with a friend from UConn. We were both undergrads at the time and being from Stamford he had knowledge of the area. That game was ugly. Took my hat off on the way out just to reduce the verbal abuse. The only notable thing for me was having Rod Sellers' family a few rows behind us. Apparently his name to them was Ra-Ra.

That SJU/MSG game was the only time I ever decided to leave a UConn game early. It was a total humiliation, and just did not want to watch the last 4+ minutes of that game. That was the low, but little did we know that team would achieve the ultimate of highs.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that loss to Laettner and Dook in the Elite 8 is still the worst feeling I have EVER felt after a sporting event. I really expected the magical season to continue on to its logical conclusion.

The logical conclusion was in 99 and 04. We had to break our hearts for that first ship to mean that much more.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I was 8. I remember listening to local radio after the Clemson win waiting for the "what I like about uconn" song to come on the radio again so we could blast it and dance around to it.

Also, my 10 year old sister, myself and my dad never saw the shot live because my sister and I were crying on the stairwell assuming we lost. We had to run in and watch it on replay after my mom started screaming.

And that is how you end up with a 4 hour a day boneyard habit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this is on DVD-I also used to have it on VCR but damn daughter's cat pissed on it years ago
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin