Video - Double intentional fouls in the Tenn game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Video - Double intentional fouls in the Tenn game

Reaction Score
Dissecting this any further as if there was something genuine at issue in the call is pointless. The ref misread the scene and made a bad call — I think he meant to give the foul entirely to Aaliyah. The other refs consulted the tape and talked some sense into him. But the only way forward was to pretend it was offsetting fouls. I’m sure the whole episode was quite chastening for them. What matters is the players were allowed to play out the rest of the game.
Unfortunately, the ref responsible was also allowed to finish out the game. Regardless who was at fault, A good referee would have blown the whistle immediately when initial contact was made when both players were going for the ball instead of waiting for the situation to escalate.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It happened in the ref's imagination. This guy has been a thorn in our side for YEARS!
I don't think the Vasily guy called it that way. The female seems to have called for the change to a double. Now he may have been off on a few other calls!

Reaction Score
In the first pic. Isn’t that Edwards foot on her back?
The first pic is Jackson sit up after she pushed Edwards down to the floor. Of course Edwards' foot is in Jackson's back.

The second pic is when Jackson pushed Edwards and lied down her body on Edwards.

Sorry I didn't put the pics in sequence.

Reaction Score
The first pic is Jackson sit up after she pushed Edwards down to the floor. Of course Edwards' foot is in Jackson's back.

The second pic is when Jackson pushed Edwards and lied down her body on Edwards.

Sorry I didn't put the pics in sequence.
Made a Gif from the 25 seconds mark of video. All I can say, and all can view this Gif and make your own judgement, Aaliyah is trying to get up at the 26 second mark but she ends up with her face on court again. As someone mentioned, this sequence does look like a takedown in a wrestling match.

Double-Intentionals.gif

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Officiating in WCBB has been suspect for a long time. Primarily, I believe, due to incredible inconsistency.
Last night's display magnified this woe exponentially.
Whoa. That's a song that's been sung for almost 40 years now (that I know of). It is what it is. Ya play with the cards you are dealt.

Kat

Reaction Score
I think that Jackson knew about Aaliyah injuring her foot recently. Dirty foul. She should have been ejected.

Reaction Score
This was an absurd call. Face down on the floor with Jackson sitting on her, she tries to get up and Jackson pushes her back down. That’s clearly a fighting foul all by itself. But in her position on the floor, there is no way Aaliyah is in a position to aim a kick at the person on top of her. Calling that second intentional foul was simply in error.

It looked like Joe Vaszily meant to call the intentional only on Aaliyah and the other refs talked him down from that. Something very wrong going on there.
Just another example of how terrible the game was called

Reaction Score
Nothing rises to the level of flagrant here. In fact I think it is being given too much attention.

Observable facts:

1) The only observable undeniable action is that Jackson while lying on Edwards legs pushes backwards forcing Aaliyah back onto the court.
2) Edwards leg/"kick" appears to be a normal reflex action that at least from everything I saw never contacts Jackson, nothing conclusive.
3) The "kick" causes no discernible displacement to Jackson - no contact made.
4) The "kick" occurs after a) Jackson pushes Edwards to the court, and b) after the ref has signalled a foul.

The tangled arms frequently occur with two or more players reaching simultaneously for a loose ball. I would like to see more definitive video on how the two ended up on the floor. But no foul was called there but only after the two tried to get up. Curiously the ref was no more than 2 or 3 feet away staring at the action waiting for someone to do something so he could call a foul.

Please note Jackson was awfully pleased with herself after the foul. I think we can take a clue from that as to who was the aggressor.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
While watching the replay last night, this is what seemed to happen: As they both started to fall, Edwards' arm got wrapped around Jackson's right arm. It "looked" like Edwards was pulling her down, which she was, but it was unintentional...........Then, Jackson, who believed that Edwards did it in- tentionally replied with a body bump to Edwards.

Reaction Score
4) The "kick" occurs after a) Jackson pushes Edwards to the court, and b) after the ref has signalled a foul.
Good summary, thanks.

One thing I don't understand is 4), after the ref called a foul, Jackson deliberately pushed back Edwards with her right arm and back in front of the ref.. This is ugly and intentional. Why?

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Edwards had position how legitimately did Jackson get her hands on the ball without fouling then Aaliyah ends up on the floor with Jackson on top of her then the shove to the floor again???????????? Pretty clear to me.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna call Morgan and Morgan and ask him for his opinion…

Reaction Score
The only person that should have been ejected from the game was the referee. A couple of players got tangled up trying to rebound the ball then push each other trying to untangle and stand up. This happens all the time. This was the biggest game of the night and that ref was assigned to it? Where was Maj Forsberg? Where was Denise Brooks?
When there’s a flagrant, obvious intentional act (by Jackson) regardless of initial, game -play entanglement, a flagrant foul would seem to be very much in order.

Reaction Score
I see Edwards pull the player down she hooks her that’s a foul that player retaliates Edwards on the floor defenseless should’ve been a flagrant two if they call that in women’s basketball I don’t know if they do and player ejected.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Made a Gif from the 25 seconds mark of video. All I can say, and all can view this Gif and make your own judgement, Aaliyah is trying to get up at the 26 second mark but she ends up with her face on court again. As someone mentioned, this sequence does look like a takedown in a wrestling match.

Edwards had position and Jackson was behind her. How did Jackson even get her hands on the ball? What ever she did should result in a foul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom