Vanderbilt | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score

Man, that’s a blow. Both for the team and Jordyn. Hate this for everyone involved…

I literally feel sick. Not only is this a devastating blow to the team, but this kid has been through so much to have to face this kind of disappointment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shae can't catch a break the day she signs a nice recruit she loses her best player smh.

Reaction Score
Shay Ijiwoye, class of '24, gets a Vandy offer. She's a teammate on the Arizona Elite with Khamil Pierre ('23), who committed to Vandy a couple days ago.

Reaction Score

Very interesting list. Saniya being 10th is interesting.

AGREED in what world are the Cavinder twins better than Saniya lol whos the person they have at #1 ? Lol Never even heard of her how Owusu is not #1 is making this tweet non credible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Got to admit, I will be glued to any game the Cavinder twins play on ACC network

And Virgina with Brunelle and Mir and others would be interesting to me.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being thick, but I can't figure out what the Vanderbilt connection is. List accidentally posted on the wrong thread, maybe?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being thick, but I can't figure out what the Vanderbilt connection is. List accidentally posted on the wrong thread, maybe?
ya that was my bad. I meant to post it in the ACC thread. Apologies for derailing the thread

Reaction Score
ya that was my bad. I meant to post it in the ACC thread. Apologies for derailing the thread
No problem at all. I just thought I was missing something. At first I was looking for a picture of Brinae Alexander who transferred from Vandy to Maryland for grad school, then I remembered Maryland is not in the ACC, so I was back to square one. :D

Reaction Score
This was already posted on the non-UConn recruiting thread, but I just wanted to add it here to have a complete list of commitments in one place. She actually looks like a nice player, though she is somewhat unheralded by the recruiting services.

I'm guessing Shea wants to sign at least one more small guard, and I'm hoping it will be Loghan Johnson out of Houston, Tx. She played for that loaded CyFair Elite squad this summer. Has Vandy, A&M, Texas Tech and Alabama in her final four. I know she visited Tech last weekend but not certain of any other visits so far.

Vandy has three commitments, and three guards (including Jordan Cambridge) will leave after this season. There are three other players, seniors this season, who could be leaving. No way to know for sure with that extra covid year lingering.

Reaction Score
Vandy has lost its two starting guards, Jordyn Cambridge and Iyana Moore, for the season. Not only are they the starting guards, they are clearly the two best players on the team. As my country kinfolk used to say: "That's a hard row to hoe."

Reaction Score
Im sorry but Shae needs to get out while she still has credibility of being a winner. Vandy has a lot of turnaround to do in the next 5 years and i still do not see them being a top contender in the SEC with Dawn , Mulkey and Vic coming to town . Let alone Harper , Coach Yo , being 2nd tier above her right now . Head to the Pac 12 or Big 12 staying at vandy will take a while longer to become successful. Everyone dont bite my head off please.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Im sorry but Shae needs to get out while she still has credibility of being a winner. Vandy has a lot of turnaround to do in the next 5 years and i still do not see them being a top contender in the SEC with Dawn , Mulkey and Vic coming to town . Let alone Harper , Coach Yo , being 2nd tier above her right now . Head to the Pac 12 or Big 12 staying at vandy will take a while longer to become successful. Everyone dont bite my head off please.
It’s just year two. :confused:

sun

Reaction Score
I don't see Shea going anywhere else for a long time if ever.
She invested herself by putting her heart, soul & reputation into the Vandy program.
I don't see her ever coming back to UConn to coach unless she gets fired, which I just can't see it.
She's a gem and Vandy knows it.

Reaction Score
I don't see Shea going anywhere else for a long time if ever.
She invested herself by putting her heart, soul & reputation into the Vandy program.
I don't see her ever coming back to UConn to coach unless she gets fired, which I just can't see it.
She's a gem and Vandy knows it.
I think she’s a gem too….but you still gotta get the players and this conference is just brutal. SC, Tenn, LSU, Georgia…MSU and Ole Miss have invested in WB….add in Texas and even Oklahoma. Is gonna take a while just to get to the middle of the pack. I’m a Shea fan, but it will be tough.

sun

Reaction Score
I think she’s a gem too….but you still gotta get the players and this conference is just brutal. SC, Tenn, LSU, Georgia…MSU and Ole Miss have invested in WB….add in Texas and even Oklahoma. Is gonna take a while just to get to the middle of the pack. I’m a Shea fan, but it will be tough.
Because Shea hired her husband, that's just another perk that she'll probably not want to give up.
And Tennessee is fairly close to her home roots.
I think that as long as Vandy backs her then she'll back them.
She's got the drive, incentive & something to prove.

Reaction Score
Why is everyone writing Shea off?? This is her 2nd year as a head coach. All these other coaches have been coaching for years. She has made some final list of top recruits. She just has to get over the hump. Ya'll aren't talking about Kelly Harper. If it wasn't for transfers, she probably wouldn't have much of a team to put on the court this year!

Reaction Score
Why is everyone writing Shea off?? This is her 2nd year as a head coach. All these other coaches have been coaching for years. She has made some final list of top recruits. She just has to get over the hump. Ya'll aren't talking about Kelly Harper. If it wasn't for transfers, she probably wouldn't have much of a team to put on the court this year!
Nobody is writing Shea off. She just has some extra hurdles to clear there. That program has fallen WAY down. While the Tennessee program had gone down, Holly at least recruited extremely well. Harper came in and had a Cupboard pretty full. We’ll see how good a coach she is this year. They are loaded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom