Vanderbilt | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
No word on matchups yet, but the teams involved in the Cancun Challenge have been released, and Vandy is in the same bracket as N.C. State. Not everyone will play each other. The Dores, and the other teams in their bracket, will play two games, and there are six teams in the bracket. The other bracket has only four teams, but each team in that one will play a round-robin schedule giving them three games each. I guess not everyone wants the expense of staying that extra day and playing the extra game.

The Commodores will be in the Riviera bracket with Central Michigan, North Carolina State, Northern Iowa, Tulane and West Virginia.

Harvard, Florida State, Purdue and Oklahoma State are in the Mayan bracket.

I'd like to see us have one matchup where we have a good chance to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing us take on N.C. State. We gained a lot by playing good teams last Thanksgiving (Arizona, Depaul and Rutgers), and a matchup against a Top 10 team could help us prepare for conference play.

Just about three months until practice starts. :D

Reaction Score
Assistant coach Kevin Demille on the way to Hungary. I know Cambridge and Ume are definite Vandy targets, but I have no idea who else.

Reaction Score
Vandy offers 6'4 post from Colorado ('23). She also got an offer from Boston College today. Has several others including Minnesota and Clemson.

Reaction Score
Another one. Appears to be a shooting guard out of Ohio. I don't know a lot about her.

Reaction Score
The Tom Garrick Show co-starring May May.

Caught a glimpse of one of my favorite drills in that clip. Love the energy they had in the workouts. Thanks for sharing the clip. Awesome stuff. Coach Ralph and staff will have Vandy being a tough out in that SEC. No easy nights for any team when you are playing Vandy.

Reaction Score
One more. Can't say I know a lot about these players, but there's no doubt coach Ralph is looking to get bigger. Three of the four players offered last week are 6'2 or taller.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Tom Garrick Show co-starring May May.

Another sign of me getting old.... I remember him playing for Rhode Island back in the day. They gave Duke all they could handle in the 1988 Sweet 16.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another sign of me getting old.... I remember him playing for Rhode Island back in the day. They gave Duke all they could handle in the 1988 Sweet 16.
I've seen a bit of film. He could play.

Reaction Score
Pains me to see Mulkey walk in the SEC and put Ralph in the shadows of recruits smh . Ralph is a better coach and motivator imo than Mulkey , Staley and Harper. Recruits should really give her a chance !!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pains me to see Mulkey walk in the SEC and put Ralph in the shadows of recruits smh . Ralph is a better coach and motivator imo than Mulkey , Staley and Harper. Recruits should really give her a chance !!
Shea Ralph is a good coach. I like what she did last year in remaking the team. But there is simply no basis to say she’s a better coach and a better motivator than Mulkey. Mulkey is one of the best coaches in women’s college basketball right now. Shea hasn’t earned that yet.

Reaction Score
I think it has more to do with the College as I believe Vandy maybe a little harder to get into. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Also It’s too early in the game to put Shea in the company of Mulkey or Staley regarding coaching and recruiting as a head coach. Harper not so much.

Reaction Score
Will have to wrestle this one away from Stanford. Princeton, too, for that matter. What the heck. You take your shot.

Reaction Score
Kymora Johnson, Hoopgurlz #30, got a Vandy offer last week. That's five offers for the class of '23 in the last three weeks. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, but I find it worrisome that we're throwing that many offers out this late in the process. I mean, there were lots of '23 offers already out, so I can't help but feel this means things are not going well with those players.

I hope I'm wrong as usual. The one thing that is slightly comforting is that Baylor, Oregon and Maryland also offered her in July, so at least we're not the only one late to the party.

Reaction Score
Big, strong, mobile and tough. What's not to like? Class of '24 and has several offers including Maryland where she paid an unofficial visit. Oh, and just for good measure, Harvard has offered. Vandy could get squeezed out on the academic and the basketball side.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another big. Class of '24. Made an unofficial visit a couple days ago.

Reaction Score
Plays on same CyFair Elite team as Aaliyah Chavez, Chloe Clardy and Justice Carlton. Ranked #89 on Hoopgurlz. Reportedly will visit Texas Tech on Sept. 9, and they're gonna offer her $25,000 to come play for them. We live in such strange times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom