Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Question is, why? Are they all sick? Did they party all night? Or did they let the refs suck the life out of them? They just flat out looked rattled. They need to learn how to score while being fouled.
I heard they went to Ruth Chris the night before. If you ask me, they needed a slap in the face. People won’t stop talking about last year and this team might be better blah blah blah. After all the traveling and winning and games at MSG they have got to be tired and feeling fat and happy. Welcome to the BE.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
As others have noted, DC didn't turn his ankle upon landing when he went down on the floor. With all the feet, ankle, toe problems he has had, I wonder if he is related to Bill Walton, who had notoriously bad feet throughout his career. Asking in jest, I think.

Reaction Score
Without DC it is going to be a challenge. I hope I am wrong but my guess is we do not see him again for 4-6 weeks. I don’t know anything. I know what I read, what I can piece together and try not to be misled. When you have no information at all I tend to default to expecting the worst and being pleasantly surprised if it is better. Unfortunately as I write this I am starting to think that 4-6 weeks may be good news!
Agreed. He will probably miss 7 or 8 games and then comes back out of shape. Groundhog Day. The only ray of hope I see is our next half dozen games aren’t against strong teams. But from what I saw Wednesday night, Lord have mercy.

Reaction Score
It's possible that Clingan's injury could help the team in the long run. Learning to play with a small lineup. Could help for that inevitable game where Clingan is on the bench in foul trouble. If they learn to play at a high level without him, it could add they option of taking him out of the game down the stretch to avoid other teams putting him on the line in a tight game.
Nah, we need him and we need him playing his best. He was just rounding into form and is our best and most important player.

Reaction Score
Clinigan out is a problem, but I still recall several large stretches were Samson in the rotation actually grew leads and they looked better. So I'm not buying the all is lost take. I think Samson knowing he starts is a different player then during the SH game....I hope. I'll be there sta night, coming from Ohio. Id hate to think about 0-2 on that long journey home.

Reaction Score
Why is he just now getting an MRI?
My PT wife speculates it might be because of swelling.

Or lack of MRI availability but I struggle to believe UConn Health couldn't find a slot for DC.

Swelling might be the answer.

Reaction Score
No swelling just pain according to Hurley. Had MRI today, waiting for results.

Reaction Score
My PT wife speculates it might be because of swelling.

Or lack of MRI availability but I struggle to believe UConn Health couldn't find a slot for DC.

Swelling might be the answer.
Hurley says in one of the tweets I saw that there is not a lot of swelling, but some pain.

Reaction Score
Come on now. Ross, Stewart, and Roumoglou gave us a solid and error-free 40 seconds.
The way the game was played, I guess 40 seconds of error- free equaled solid, the way the rest of the team played.
40 seconds and no points on the board. Not that it would have mattered anyway.

Then I guess that Singare and Andrew would fit what I wrote to a tee. :D

Reaction Score
No clue how MRIs work but do you have to wait for swelling to go down in order to get one or does it not matter? Also wonder if this is just a precaution to see if there is anything they should worry about long-term versus rushing him back

The medical team may also be the same one that looks over the Yankees, and I am a Yankee fan :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom