Updated w/Time - Andre Jackson NIL Event | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated w/Time - Andre Jackson NIL Event

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of maybe going since it's less than 2 miles from my house. On top of my pre-existing health issues, I'm dealing with "long covid". I'm not contagious so I'm safe to go places, but don't know if I have the energy to get there and be functional for the event. I should probably make up my mind soon though since I imagine this will sell out.

I hope you can make it, if you are up to it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, this is what NIL events should be. It gives fans access to players, and let’s players get a chance to see how much they are appreciated by fans, and put some cash in a kid’s pocket who is working his ass off for this team. The fact that it is at a good restaurant where you can get great food is a nice bonus. I congratulate the owners for taking a chance and stepping up and supporting the players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, this is what NIL events should be. It gives fans access to players, and let’s players get a chance to see how much they are appreciated by fans, and put some cash in a kid’s pocket who is working his ass off for this team. The fact that it is at a good restaurant where you can get great food is a nice bonus. I congratulate the owners for takings chance and stepping up and supporting the players.
Just a great post!!!…i plan on being there

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
After the X win on Wed.. Might even consider getting a kitchen pass to hang with some Yarders.. Wife is not a fan of my UConn enthusiasm but I think I could negotiate it with her in exchange for a night chillin' with @August_West and her at Hungry Tiger

3/11 is next date there. Although I will still be in NYC if we are in the BET final. Luckily band already know this and is prepared to cover.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, this is what NIL events should be. It gives fans access to players, and let’s players get a chance to see how much they are appreciated by fans, and put some cash in a kid’s pocket who is working his ass off for this team. The fact that it is at a good restaurant where you can get great food is a nice bonus. I congratulate the owners for taking a chance and stepping up and supporting the players.
Thanks for your support. It is a good time. It is nice the owner has no cover charge for the event or dinner requirement. So everyone has access regardless of their financial situation. The food is great though, so dinner and drinks is a great idea. Recruiting is becoming more and more about NIL opportunities. Therefore, supporting event line this one is supporting getting good players.

Reaction Score
The Chief himself will be there?
Yes. Where’s my NIL payment? LOL

Hope to see you. It’s good to support a player after his toughest 5 minute stretch of the season. We have all had those moments in our careers and you appreciate the people who are supportive at those times.
His mom and two other family members will be there as well,

Reaction Score
I don’t think anybody is going to be outraged at a free meet and greet. Any loyal fan with the least bit of self control will probably be able to keep it together when they get a chance to meet a college athlete, even though he missed a couple of jump shots.

Looking forward to seeing Non-Casual Fans!

Reaction Score
It’s okay not to post after a loss.

All indications are that Andre is a great dude. I won’t be able to make it, but I hope the event is a tremendous success. Hopefully we continue to have worthwhile NIL opportunities that will make us an attractive destination for talented recruits.
I agree that Andre seems like a great kid. It still seems strange to me to have these types of events during the season, especially when the team is on such a skid. But hey - maybe that's just the world we live in now.

Reaction Score
I agree that Andre seems like a great kid. It still seems strange to me to have these types of events during the season, especially when the team is on such a skid. But hey - maybe that's just the world we live in now.

Today is like the one day these hard working guys have off all month. No game but practices this weekend. Next game isn’t until Tuesday.
Fans like you won’t have any good players to root for, if you don’t understand the NIL World better. It is a 2 hour event.

Reaction Score
Yes. Where’s my NIL payment? LOL

Hope to see you. It’s good to support a player after his toughest 5 minute stretch of the season. We have all had those moments in our careers and you appreciate the people who are supportive at those times.
His mom and two other family members will be there as well,
I’ve always been a big Andre fan and it’s not even 10 minutes from me so I’m happy to support this. I’ve enjoyed my previous meals there anyway.

Reaction Score
I attended the event tonight with my girlfriend. They placed people there for Andre in one dining room. He came to each table and spent quality time with each table. I was almost surprised by what a humble kid he is. He was thankful people came to support him. Got to meet his mom and sister afterwards for photos. Great kid, great family. They attended the game yesterday, drove all the way home and back again today, total dedication.

I complimented him on a great team effort in the 2nd half and said if the game went longer UConn would have won, he agreed. I asked him why he doesn’t post up more, he said he’d like to and they’re working on that. At the end I asked why he hasn’t driven the lane and thrown a big dunk down on someone like he did 5 or 6 games ago, and he said “I’m going to start” haha. Tonight was a good reminder to me that these guys are such young people, we get so into these games but they’re just kids still figuring things out. I told him, he and Burrell are the two best athletes I’ve seen in 40 years and how much we support and believe in him. I think he’s a really nice kid who may be too nice at times given his physical gifts. Thanks to Chief for the reminders and heads up on this event.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Also was there with my two best guys. "Dre" is a great kid, spent good quality time with him and he autographed a basketball for us.

I let the kids do the talking, he told the youngest that all he's ever wanted to do was play basketball. He played some football through sophomore in high school but his sole focus is hoops. He kept it real.

When challenged to a one-on-one by the 9 year old who said he would dunk on him, Andre said "well I don't know about that!". Perfect.

They asked if he could really dunk from the free throw line, he smiled humbly and said "yeah, I can but not from behind the line but I'm working on it". He mentioned the word work a few times. Makes sense, I've never seen a guy work harder on the court.

Fantastic time. As a UCONN fan, it was a great experience. Nothing but the best to Andre & family in the future. Dan

Reaction Score
I attended the event tonight with my girlfriend. They placed people there for Andre in one dining room. He came to each table and spent quality time with each table. I was almost surprised by what a humble kid he is. He was thankful people came to support him. Got to meet his mom and sister afterwards for photos. Great kid, great family. They attended the game yesterday, drove all the way home and back again today, total dedication.

I complimented him on a great team effort in the 2nd half and said if the game went longer UConn would have won, he agreed. I asked him why he doesn’t post up more, he said he’d like to and they’re working on that. At the end I asked why he hasn’t driven the lane and thrown a big dunk down on someone like he did 5 or 6 games ago, and he said “I’m going to start” haha. Tonight was a good reminder to me that these guys are such young people, we get so into these games but they’re just kids still figuring things out. I told him, he and Burrell are the two best athletes I’ve seen in 40 years and how much we support and believe in him. I think he’s a really nice kid who may be too nice at times given his physical gifts. Thanks to Chief for the reminders and heads up on this event.
I agree, we are fortunate to have him. Great family and it starts with his mom. Can’t wait for more events with Andre Jackson and Donovan Clingan. Thanks to the Red Fox owner, Fico Cecunjanin for making it possible.

Reaction Score

Nice you mentioned posting up more. I think that is where Andre with his skillset can shine. He did last year when he did it. Just have to start doing it this year more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom