Updated w/Time - Andre Jackson NIL Event | The Boneyard

Updated w/Time - Andre Jackson NIL Event

Reaction Score
Please come and support Team Captain Andre Jackson throughout the ups and downs of the season. Everybody had a great time with Andre last event. The owner is also working on a future event with Donovan Clingan despite recent loses. Let’s not quit on the players or team.
147D47BC-BC62-4B09-8F69-1AC9091031B7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Chief, sorry for what may be a silly question but I'm not overly familiar with the NIL deals. I assume Andre is compensated in some way for this? How? I was under the impression it some how had to go through the University

Reaction Score
Please come and support Team Captain Andre Jackson throughout the ups and downs of the season. Everybody had a great time with Andre last event. The owner is also working on a future event with Donovan Clingan despite recent loses. Let’s not quit on the players or team.
View attachment 83257
Use this thread - had connection issues and posted doc before including time on the other thread, my apologies.

Reaction Score
Just a tip, Chief: Don't mention the "season's downs" on the flyer for a meet-and-greet.
Just recognizing reality and encouraging fans that after a few loses is when the players and team need our support the most. The Red Fox owner at this time is not only holding steady with NIL but expanding it. I hope people support that, because without NIL support, we won’t get good players.

Reaction Score
Just recognizing reality and encouraging fans that after a few loses is when the players and team need our support the most. The Red Fox owner at this time is not only holding steady with NIL but expanding it. I hope people support that, because without NIL support, we won’t get good players.
I guess if that flyer is for Boneyarders only, it's appropriate to mention it. Not for the general public, though. Joe Casual Fan probably doesn't even know the season is on the brink.

For mass consumption, try something more like, "Come say hi to Andre Jackson of the 15th ranked UConn Huskies men's basketball team!"

Reaction Score
After the X win on Wed.. Might even consider getting a kitchen pass to hang with some Yarders.. Wife is not a fan of my UConn enthusiasm but I think I could negotiate it with her in exchange for a night chillin' with @August_West and her at Hungry Tiger
Sounds like a good plan.

Reaction Score
Chief, sorry for what may be a silly question but I'm not overly familiar with the NIL deals. I assume Andre is compensated in some way for this? How? I was under the impression it some how had to go through the University
Yes, UConn Compliance approved the contract.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great time. He is our team Captain and if he feels the UCONN passion, it can only help his performance.

If half the BYers who spend hours internet coaching this young man show up, it will be huge!

Do they have a good Reuben?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
View attachment 83257
Chief, I appreciate you supporting our athletes in this way. UCONN has to be a leader in NIL rather than getting the hind teat.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a great time. He is our team Captain and if he feels the UCONN passion, it can only help his performance.

If half the BYers who spend hours internet coaching this young man show up, it will be huge!

Do they have a good Reuben?
Exactly, we all have our arm chair opinions on games. But, I know the players appreciate support the most after some adversity. I think most of us here recognize and feel that way too. For me, just the way I feel and think, it would be awesome if we even had a better turnout than when we were 12-0 on the 12/15 event. That would to be quite frankly, an emotional statement of support that would touch me.

They do have a good Reuben on their lunch menu. They also have a bar menu.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of maybe going since it's less than 2 miles from my house. On top of my pre-existing health issues, I'm dealing with "long covid". I'm not contagious so I'm safe to go places, but don't know if I have the energy to get there and be functional for the event. I should probably make up my mind soon though since I imagine this will sell out.

Reaction Score
His mom and brothers did the round trip last time.

Amsterdam had a few inches, i got 28” - leaving my wife alone and saying handle it because im going to some jock sniffing event is not a smart move.

Plus as much as i love my Land Cruiser - driving 6 hours in the snow in any of the 70’s ones is a pain in the ass.

Reaction Score
Amsterdam had a few inches, i got 28” - leaving my wife alone and saying handle it because im going to some jock sniffing event is not a smart move.

Plus as much as i love my Land Cruiser - driving 6 hours in the snow in any of the 70’s ones is a pain in the ass.
I agree, that wouldn’t have been a smart move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom