UMass Lowell | The Boneyard

UMass Lowell

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's most likely the only team that could or would play UConn on such short notice. Anyway I believe the song posted below is how everyone is feeling and CAN"T wait until Saturday.

Reaction Score
Probably a preference now for teams that they can just hop on a bus and go play. The out of conference games may have a sort of high school feel to them - hop on a bus to go play in a gym with not many or any fans then back home in time for dinner.

Reaction Score
At this point I dont care if we played a team full of 5th graders! Beggars cant be choosers. ;)

Is it Saturday yet?!
I am just as anxious as all UCONN fans must be...But just playing any team could effect our strength of schedule come tournament time for rankings.
Just my thoughts.

Reaction Score
I am just as anxious as all UCONN fans must be...But just playing any team could effect our strength of schedule come tournament time for rankings.
Just my thoughts.
Uconn plays in a really weak conference. No matter what, they will need to pretty much go undefeated to be a 1 seed. At the end of the day, UConn's seeding won't really matter.

Reaction Score
And this year strength of schedule will be even more meaningless as teams scramble just to find opponents so that they can meet the 13 game minimum to be allowed in the tournament unless the NCAA modifies their current model for the season.

Reaction Score
I am trying to stay calm until the ball actually goes up. Well actually i am grooming dogs on Sat., so I am an eager replay viewer for the first one.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This year because of COVID I believe that the NCAA will look more at how well teams perform and not who they played. Did a team perform well against ALL competition, did they perform the same across the board, be it teams in the Top 100 or teams in the last 200. If a team shows consistency throughout all of their games and has a good record and maybe won their Conference title be it Regular Season or Conference Tournament. Then IMHO they show that they have prevailed in one of the most difficult season's ever known.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have zero concern about UCONN's SOS, or possible seeding for the tourney. We get to pay a few of the top teams. There will be plenty of anecdotal evidence to prove that UCONN deserves a 1 seed (or does not if we lose to SC, Oregon and Baylor (I forget - do we play all 3?)).

Either way kudos echoed as those above said for UMASS-Lowell to play UCONN. I suspect it will be an epic beatdown (unless we are just really rusty, discombobulated, overly excited, or some combo of the 3). I seriously could see a score of 120-30 unless Geno does something dramatic to slow things up. I bet we score 60-70 in the first half alone.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have zero concern about UCONN's SOS, or possible seeding for the tourney. We get to pay a few of the top teams. There will be plenty of anecdotal evidence to prove that UCONN deserves a 1 seed (or does not if we lose to SC, Oregon and Baylor (I forget - do we play all 3?)).

Either way kudos echoed as those above said for UMASS-Lowell to play UCONN. I suspect it will be an epic beatdown (unless we are just really rusty, discombobulated, overly excited, or some combo of the 3). I seriously could see a score of 120-30 unless Geno does something dramatic to slow things up. I bet we score 60-70 in the first half alone.
Geno might catch H E double Hockey Sticks from Shea if he turns it on for a full 40 minutes. Remember she has to go home to him at the end of the day, not Geno. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno might catch H E double Hockey Sticks from Shea if he turns it on for a full 40 minutes. Remember she has to go home to him at the end of the day, not Geno. :rolleyes:
I agree with you in theory, but It's not really fair to tell the reserves to go out and play and not give 100%. If UMASS was that overmatched by BCU, I suspect even a lineup of Amber, Piath, Nika, Mir and Aaliyah could outscore them by 15-20 in a quarter!

Not saying UCONN will full court press, but any steals should result in easy baskets no matter who is on the court, and if we are as athletic and active as I think we will be, it will be an ugly game score-wise.

Reaction Score
Umass-Lowell (0-1) losing to 4-0 BC yesterday, climbed +273 spots to a respectable #41 RPI (per RealTimeRPI.com) with a bonus SOS Rank of #3. Now that's a nice loss. ;)

Reaction Score
I agree with you in theory, but It's not really fair to tell the reserves to go out and play and not give 100%. If UMASS was that overmatched by BCU, I suspect even a lineup of Amber, Piath, Nika, Mir and Aaliyah could outscore them by 15-20 in a quarter!

Not saying UCONN will full court press, but any steals should result in easy baskets no matter who is on the court, and if we are as athletic and active as I think we will be, it will be an ugly game score-wise.
I think they will just use the opportunity in the second half to run offense and take up more of the shot clock which will hold the score to a certain extent.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If UMass Lowell really can’t match up with the Huskies, Geno will play this like a preseason game. The good news is that everyone on he roster should get some PT. Considering the journey to even get to the season, playing anyone at all will be an achievement.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey guys its better to play a game now then to practice. This game will show us our weakness's and what we have to work on. There isnt alot of time to get this team going. We are behind because of the virus and because of the virus we missed out on a couple of tuff games which imo is good because it gives us more time to get ready for the real season. So UMass Lowell is a game to get us ready and is better then playing against ourselves.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Like UConn had a lot of choices. Remember, they already had a schedule which had the first four games postponed or cancelled. They were fortunate to get this game.

Reaction Score
Umass-Lowell (0-1) losing to 4-0 BC yesterday, climbed +273 spots to a respectable #41 RPI (per RealTimeRPI.com) with a bonus SOS Rank of #3. Now that's a nice loss. ;)

Which is one more example of why the RPI is meaningless until the end of January, at best. In theory a team could go winless for the year and end up with a top 20 RPI.

Reaction Score
Geno has no reason to run up the score. Plus remember there is always the wrath of Shea if he does.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just my thoughts.

I understand your concerns, and they are valid, but I’d like to think in these unprecedented times with multiple games being canceled, the tournament selection committee won’t hold teams feet to the fire for playing abbreviated “patchwork“ schedules this year. They will take UConn’s last minute COVID challenges and late start into account. I think they will realize this last minute plug in game for what it is, nothing more. UConn has already fallen behind other BE teams. Providence has already played 6 games (3-3).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom