Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We are 2 games under .500 against them in our all-time series. If they start playing us on a regular basis, we should be over .500 pretty soon.

How about playing us, Charlie? I actually hope Warde scheduled a series against them. I'd take them over Buffalo.

the umass coachs takes a shot at us in the media and this is what u come up with? hes lucky i'm going to bed soon and not wide awake becuase i know my way around western mass and i'm not afraid to hit a old man.

Reaction Score
the umass coachs takes a shot at us in the media and this is what u come up with? hes lucky i'm going to bed soon and not wide awake becuase i know my way around western mass and i'm not afraid to hit a old man.
Because you're a loser.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because you're a loser.

yes thats it. im a loser. u nailed it. a coach of a new fball program whose not on our level and just lost his best recruits to us takes a cheap shot and u want to say well, they beat us in 1924 so he does have a point....u are unreal. do we need to kick the farmington ymca's ass on the football field this fall so u can get over that 0-1 record we have vs them also?

i completely realize i am crazy and all that jazz from the impression i put out here, but to eeryone else here and lurking how the heck can u read this and not lose it? i mean u prob read me and say that kid is nutzo some points are stupid some are good and so on. but how do u read something like this and not think this guy shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a computer? the fact that optimum allowed his house to have internet set up scares me. either u are literally the greatest troll every invented in the history of the internet, your a unicorn, or u simply are a bit different. godspeed.

champage for the pain, i save my money, spend it on uconn games.
i got tweets tweeting tweets, im a real cut boy, a mean dog in the sheets.
now erbody frucking(the acc) 2night!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
HFD- did you notice what Umass coach was wearing at the presser? (I do agree with you regarding the branding btw).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD- did you notice what Umass coach was wearing at the presser? (I do agree with you regarding the branding btw).

is there a vid or something? i asumed the pic in the op was it? i didn't read the link or anything because i heard all i wanted to already? is that pic not it? what did he show up in blue or something lol

Reaction Score
Molnar also took a brief shot at Temple and UConn, whose membership in the Big East he feels no longer carries the same cache in recruiting.
“I don’t know if you consider UConn and Temple to be BCS after next season,” Molnar said. “We certainly don’t.”

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/index.ssf/2013/02/highlights_for_umass_football.html

7248088.jpeg

I said this from the very beginning regarding UMASS stepping up into the next level. Play them and crush them every season. Don't even let them off the mat. Whenever the chance is there hang 50 or 60 on them and fill Foxboro with UCONN fans so that it's simply another home game.

Molnar provided some nice locker room fodder. He should pay the price big time........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because you're a loser.

Nah, Dan's on the right track here. UMass sports has badmouthed UConn long and loud for over 20 years to anyone who would listen. Why would you possibly want to help them out? Have some self respect. We sucked last year and still beat them by 5 touchdowns. Playing them once a decade is about right.

Reaction Score
The game last year had to be an embarrassment for UMASS. They never crossed midfield and got past their 40 like once. They ran a reverse and Adams almost killed the kid who ended up with the ball. Men playing children........

Molnar must be borderline dumb to make that statement. Again, hit them with both barrels the next time we play.

pj

Reaction Score
When we need someone to fill an open spot on our schedule, schedule them and run up the score. We should give them a little respect, he did wear a red and black tie. He's trying to be big-time.

Reaction Score
He'll be the first guy to apply for our vacancy come December...

Reaction Score

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nah, Dan's on the right track here. UMass sports has badmouthed UConn long and loud for over 20 years to anyone who would listen. Why would you possibly want to help them out? Have some self respect. We sucked last year and still beat them by 5 touchdowns. Playing them once a decade is about right.

exactly. and heres the deal. hes doing several things.
1) hes making sure that his work there goes noticed so he can move on to the next job, and being so close to the uconn staff believe me he sees a opening soon. over my dead body btw, i'll go down in a war before that happens.
2) we ran train on umass with a bad fball team(or year really...). it was a very rude awakening for umass to what big boy fball is going to be like becuase they dont even consider us to be big time.
3)we have yet to set up any type of series. if i'm umass im begging for a 2-1 fball rent razor rent but also h/h in all other sports. i actually think thats fair and a good idea long term. it really pumps a rival up and we can crush them in fball and bball and there lax and puck can help us build and its easy close travel games for soccer and basball and so on...

but, umass is just starting out as a mac team. in the new college football world, rpi/sos numbers are going to start to matter a bit. were stuck in the nbe so we need the best bump we cna get. also factor in what the nbe looks like so there is no reason championships are not the goal right away. so we may see umass being a nd fcs team rpi/sos wise for a few years still as they build and not want them on the schedule yet until they are a average mac team. it may make more sense for akron and wm to be on the schedule until like 2015-18 when umass cna win a few games and be a layup but not a fcs layup.
4) we just inked that longterm deal already and becuase warde doesn't want to announce things yet, the umass coach is mad as hes always looking fo things to exciite and create fanbase wise with his young program. so he takes a shot at uconn as a hint to ppl.

if the answer to this is any of these, or anything else, then i want a piece of that piece of .

Reaction Score
You hurt them by hurting them where it hurts the most - in the W/L column. We'd be have a winning record if we exclude our pre-1924 squads. The 1924 squad is historic for our program.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You hurt them by hurting them where it hurts the most - in the W/L column. We'd be have a winning record if we exclude our pre-1924 squads. The 1924 squad is historic for our program.

I love it! Butchy, don't ever change, my friend!

Only you would be able to comment on the historic turning point of 1924 for UConn football... :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
or u can hurt them by carpet bombing them.

Reaction Score
I love it! Butchy, don't ever change, my friend!

Only you would be able to comment on the historic turning point of 1924 for UConn football... :)
It likely had 4 NFL players. Played a big part in bringing the NFL into New England. That's huge. It'll be a few centuries at least before we ever match Yale's total championships in football.

Rosters were much smaller back then. Same people played offense and defense. Coincidentally, 1924 is when Notre Dame won their first championship. The best members of that team who were playing professionally ended up forming their own team for one game and playing an NFL franchise in 1925 (the Pottsville Maroons, "disputed" NFL champions) and lost, letting people know the pro circuit just might be more talented than the college circuit. Knute Rockne was at the game. That was also a turning point for the NFL. People were stunned.

Reaction Score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_NFL_Championship_controversy

The "Four Horsemen" of Notre Dame played for the Waterbury/Hartford Blues in 1925 for at least one game. All of them. The Hartford Blues joined the NFL for one season, 1926. One of our best players from the 1924 squad played for the Hartford Blues in 1926. Always makes me cringe when people say we have "no tradition". Even in our years in the BCS era we have a strong tradition. Does our latest recruiting class speak for itself? Our state's best players want to play for us now. The number of players we have drafted by the NFL over the last 5 years compared to other schools speaks for itself.

We also certainly do have a richer tradition than mighty UMass. And probably always will, unless UMass relocates to Boston. Connecticut and Massachusetts have been going at each other since the colonial days. That's how we got the Yale-Harvard rivalry. At least Yale and Harvard don't avoid playing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom