UK on the bubble? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UK on the bubble?

Reaction Score
I miss the good ol' days when we were on the bubble
I miss the days when we were relevant at all. The fall from grace has been a long one. Kudos to St Mary's and Rhode Island fans. They are living the dream I did years ago when just being in the top 25 was something very special for UConn.
The NC's were beyond my imagination at the time. Nobody stays on top forever, I get it, but this has been a hard pill to swallow......

Reaction Score
Could Northern Kentucky beat Kentucky if they played today? At the very least it would be close IMHO. Same with Murray State.

I also think Western Kentucky would stand a decent chance and would keep the game to single digits at worst.

Kentucky might still be the best in the state, but the gap between them and 2, 3 and 4 in the state is not so huge, THIS YEAR. Oh, and there is Lville too (lol). Likely as soon as next year that gap extends out again between Kentucky and the first 3 mentioned.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how long Cal stays at Uk. There is a sizeable contingent of their fan base that are not enthralled with the ever changing roster, and more importantly not being in the final four. It also doesn't help when Duke is pulling the classes they are pulling. Assuming they continue this year on their current trajectory, Cal will have some pressure next year really for the first time in his career there. One thing that helps him is Louisville is such a dumpster fire they can always feel good about themselves unless the Nike thing blows up, or Cal gets nervous and starts throwing money around.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Could Northern Kentucky beat Kentucky if they played today? At the very least it would be close IMHO. Same with Murray State.

I also think Western Kentucky would stand a decent chance and would keep the game to single digits at worst.

Kentucky might still be the best in the state, but the gap between them and 2, 3 and 4 in the state is not so huge, THIS YEAR. Oh, and there is Lville too (lol). Likely as soon as next year that gap extends out again between Kentucky and the first 3 mentioned.
Cincinnati is the best team in the state of Kentucky this season.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. That's major sanctions waiting to happen. He's as sleazy as they come

.....but we're the program under investigation?

Maybe we should hire Cal, two wrongs making a right and all that

Reaction Score
Well, you better go work on your geography.

Here is a map of the USA to get you started. Good luck!

https://geology.com/world/the-united-states-of-america-map.gif
(I know, maybe it looks confusing to you!)
1355331549061.jpg

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Squid likes to blame his struggles and losses on youth and inexperience, which is real, but has that roster by design year after year by recruiting a bunch of one and done players every year.

One and done made Squid a great coach, before that he had to find creative ways to skirt recruiting violations, always staying one step ahead of the man

While he complains their youth and inexperience cause him to lose games, he brags about getting one and done kids into the NBA and how much those kids he's mentored for 8 months make in the NBA

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since you probably still don’t get the joke.

Cincinnati is playing their home games at NKU’s arena.
I guess we know someone who didn't watch our Cincy game this season. That's when I found out.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati is the best team in the state of Kentucky this season.
Just because your airport is in Ky and you tell a lot of KY jokes ( you know you do) it doen’t make you part of the Commonwealth.
My second home was Ky and I’m an honorary Murray State Racer.
Sorry I didn’t see Whalers post you guys are actually playing your home games in Ky
Is that because Xavier wouldn’t let you use their arena?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Just because your airport is in Ky and you tell a lot of KY jokes ( you know you do) it doen’t make you part of the Commonwealth.
My second home was Ky and I’m an honorary Murray State Racer.
Sorry I didn’t see Whalers post you guys are actually playing your home games in Ky
Is that because Xavier wouldn’t let you use their arena?
The choices were NKU, US Bank Arena (in downtown) and Xavier. The arena downtown is a total dump, seats like 15k but was made for hockey so most of those are terrible seats. Xavier was a non-starter because too many of our alums/boosters threw a fit at having to share an arena with them and having their logos/banners/etc all over the place during our games (especially the ones on ESPN). So we were left with NKU, which thankfully is a nice arena that seats a cozy 9k.

Reaction Score
The choices were NKU, US Bank Arena (in downtown) and Xavier. The arena downtown is a total dump, seats like 15k but was made for hockey so most of those are terrible seats. Xavier was a non-starter because too many of our alums/boosters threw a fit at having to share an arena with them and having their logos/banners/etc all over the place during our games (especially the ones on ESPN). So we were left with NKU, which thankfully is a nice arena that seats a cozy 9k.
Thanks I already knew the Xavier answer .
That would be like the Red Sox playing home games a Yankee Stadium

Reaction Score
Watched UK last night. Auburn is very athletic and when any team matches or comes close to UK in athleticism they generally win as UK just doesn't have a refined offense. The SEC has become a much better conference and UK can no longer walk into virtually any SEC gym and simply outplay the opponent.

Green just isn't the point guard that can carry a team like several of UK's previous Freshman PGs. He is good, but not like Wall, Ulis or Fox. Diallo is playing himself right out of the 1st round. He was lost last night 1-5 from the field with 4 turnovers in 16 minutes. Some very bad turnovers in the 2nd half before he was yanked for the last 10 minutes. 5 ppg in the last 5 games, for the year he is 42% from the field 30% from 3 and 61% from the line. Some GM may draft him for the athleticism but he does not have a quality game.

Regardless, with Knox, Alexander, and the rest of the above average talent, Calipari should be embarrassed about the product they are putting on the floor.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Hami Diallo was 1-5 for 3 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 4 turnovers, 2 pf.

MAL didn't play in Providence's win over Nova.

It seems even the top recruits we don't get are weak players. Recruiting definitely needed an overhaul.

Reaction Score
Hami Diallo was 1-5 for 3 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 4 turnovers, 2 pf.

MAL didn't play in Providence's win over Nova.

It seems even the top recruits we don't get are weak players. Recruiting definitely needed an overhaul.
Well that article by Jeff Goodman had quotes from people who said Ollie doesn't get out enough to watch recruits so he can evaluate them to see if they would be a good fit. Or maybe his evaluation skills just stink.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom