UK misses on Shabazz and Noel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UK misses on Shabazz and Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i laugh at all the hate directed at calipari and how hes pulling all these recruits. its sour grapes thats all it is. if jc was pulling in these types of classes for the past 2 or 3 years im betting all of caliparis critics would be singing a different tune. some of the hate on this board cracks me up especially how ironic it tends to be at times.

Curious as to how long you've been a UConn fan. I doubt the recent recruiting "success" for the Squid is the real basis for peoples disdain of this particular coach. I think it goes further back than maybe you can realize or know about. Well before he became a head coach he made his New England/Big East bed amongst critics, both fans and other coaches I promise. This is not a nice guy, the car salesman odor will always smell on him and if you don't see it whenever he gives an interview you do not know the real man. As for his coaching ability, he was better with his UMass teams.....havings said that he did a great job with this years young team too! But the recruiter in him will always be questioned and for obvious reasons you prefer not to think about and that's okay! But those that question his ways have every reason!

Reaction Score
Curious as to how long you've been a UConn fan. I doubt the recent recruiting "success" for the Squid is the real basis for peoples disdain of this particular coach. I think it goes further back than maybe you can realize or know about. Well before he became a head coach he made his New England/Big East bed amongst critics, both fans and other coaches I promise. This is not a nice guy, the car salesman odor will always smell on him and if you don't see it whenever he gives an interview you do not know the real man. As for his coaching ability, he was better with his UMass teams.....havings said that he did a great job with this years young team too! But the recruiter in him will always be questioned and for obvious reasons you prefer not to think about and that's okay! But those that question his ways have every reason!

been a uconn fan since 89/90 and saw the rise of calipari and honestly im not a fan of the man personally and some of his methods but the same can and has been said about our beloved coach. im just not one to try to down play someones success or spend alot of energy on pulling for them to fail. im happy with our programs success and wouldnt trade our coach for any. i respect the arguement you made but you seem to come from a well imformed pov while others seem to just hate on his success and delight in his failures without a real reason. my only arguement is would this board be crucifying him the same way if he was hired tommorow to replace jc? youd have some hardliners but theyd be few and far between but many would change their tune quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom