UK misses on Shabazz and Noel | The Boneyard

UK misses on Shabazz and Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like Noel to Gtown and Bazz to UCLA. Crazy UK wins the national tittle and loses out on their two biggest recruits.

Reaction Score
Pulled the Lebron line too: "I'll be taking my talents to Kentucky"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You just knew this thread was gonna step on its own dick.

Reaction Score
As soon as they did the interviews about an hour ago, it was clear that Muhammad was well-spoken while Noel could barely form a sentence. A bit of foreshadowing at that point. Noel will fit right in at Kentucky where money matters, not academics.

Good for Muhammad. I'd love to see UCLA rise towards the top again.

Reaction Score
Why?
I don't know, they just have a great tradition and fanbase. I respect them as a program. There's a few schools I don't mind rooting for as a secondary option to UConn, and UCLA is one of them.

Reaction Score
God damn am I sick of Kentucky - they were much easier to swallow when they were on the fringe. But this system that Calipari is exploiting and now succeeding with gives me hemmeroids in that it takes away a lot of what college basketball was in it's prime. I cannot remember a year where I left a college season with an uglier taste in my mouth. Some of it may have been just how awful a year the Uconn squad had, but we've had bad seasons before. I've always been able to appreciate other NC winners. I don't know what it is, but I really feel like the integrity of the sport took a major hit this year, similar what steroids/strikes have done to baseball.

I've never had any problems with Duke - they do it right, good kids, take academics into account. I loved seeing them lose, but I always respected that program. But to see Calipari build an NBA minor league system into collegiate success is just disgusting. And to then know that hick fan base is happy as pigs just because they're winning makes it worse.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
God damn am I sick of Kentucky - they were much easier to swallow when they were on the fringe. But this system that Calipari is exploiting and now succeeding with gives me hemmeroids in that it takes away a lot of what college basketball was in it's prime. I cannot remember a year where I left a college season with an uglier taste in my mouth. Some of it may have been just how awful a year the Uconn squad had, but we've had bad seasons before. I've always been able to appreciate other NC winners. I don't know what it is, but I really feel like the integrity of the sport took a major hit this year, similar what steroids/strikes have done to baseball.

I've never had any problems with Duke - they do it right, good kids, take academics into account. I loved seeing them lose, but I always respected that program. But to see Calipari build an NBA minor league system into collegiate success is just disgusting. And to then know that hick fan base is happy as pigs just because they're winning makes it worse.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more than this one. I need UConn football quickly

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
As soon as they did the interviews about an hour ago, it was clear that Muhammad was well-spoken while Noel could barely form a sentence. A bit of foreshadowing at that point. Noel will fit right in at Kentucky where money matters, not academics.

I find Muhammad to be a very impressive young man. I'd have loved him to have been a Husky but I don't think we were ever in the discussion and if we were the post season ban and uncertain coaching situation would have killed our chances. As great a player as Noel may be, I never thought he was a good fit for us. I don't like individual one and dones unless you get a whole team's worth and can reload the next year. They seem to be more disruptive than anything. I also wondered about him academically. I just read an article on ESPN.com that says there are some potential eligibility issues with Muhammad due to AAU connections so there always seems to be issues with these top tier recruits.

Reaction Score
I don't know, they just have a great tradition and fanbase. I respect them as a program. There's a few schools I don't mind rooting for as a secondary option to UConn, and UCLA is one of them.

A great tradition of cheating to win

Reaction Score

Good Lord. Doyou realize how you sound? Connecticut is the school that is being whacked for academics, not Kentucky. The reasons don't matter, the perception does. And really, what makes you believe that UCLA is some bastion of goodness?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Good Lord. Doyou realize how you sound? Connecticut is the school that is being whacked for academics, not Kentucky. The reasons don't matter, the perception does. And really, what makes you believe that UCLA is some bastion of goodness?

My son lives a 5 minute walk from UCLA where his wife is a Phd. candidate. We happen to be flying out there this Sat. to visit. I plan to take my "goodness" meter with me. I'll take a stroll around campus to take a reading. As you correctly pointed out about our own UC and UK, I had to get my meter repaired after a walk through Storrs, it got stuck in the red zone (kinda like our FB team).

Aside - The year my son moved to Westwood, we all took a walk around the really nice UCLA campus. When we passed the building named for John Wooden, I asked my daughter-in-law what she knew about the "Wizard". She shrugged and guessed that he was some big donor. I gave her a pass, even though Wooden was still alive then, because she's more of a mahjong and scrabble fan than a sports fan and her mother hadn't yet met her father when UCLA was at its height. She also was not born in the US, but has been living in SoCal since she was 2.

Reaction Score
Apparently it's impossible to like other programs aside from UConn without being crucified. My apologies for not realizing this.

Reaction Score
i laugh at all the hate directed at calipari and how hes pulling all these recruits. its sour grapes thats all it is. if jc was pulling in these types of classes for the past 2 or 3 years im betting all of caliparis critics would be singing a different tune. some of the hate on this board cracks me up especially how ironic it tends to be at times.

Reaction Score
I find Muhammad to be a very impressive young man. I'd have loved him to have been a Husky but I don't think we were ever in the discussion and if we were the post season ban and uncertain coaching situation would have killed our chances. As great a player as Noel may be, I never thought he was a good fit for us. I don't like individual one and dones unless you get a whole team's worth and can reload the next year. They seem to be more disruptive than anything. I also wondered about him academically. I just read an article on ESPN.com that says there are some potential eligibility issues with Muhammad due to AAU connections so there always seems to be issues with these top tier recruits.

Muhammad was never going to be a Husky - we would have been docked another schollie for exceeding the NCAA's new Shabazz limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom