UConn's 23-24 Non-Con Schedule | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn's 23-24 Non-Con Schedule

Reaction Score
They are likely trying to find a US D1 team willing to play one game in Canada and petition the NCAA for a waiver to make it happen. But with Uconn signing on for a Cayman Islands tourney, it looks a little less likely. Maybe they talk to schools on the shores of the great lakes? Buffalo?
Buffalo is a heck of a drive, 4 hours and an international border. Plus you'd have the fun time of the QEW through Toronto- not fun. Syracuse would be half the drive.

Reaction Score
Very difficult schedule. I would hope Geno would ease up a bit after the injury/attrition disaster the last 2 years. And, to be frank, thats what it was - a disaster. I get it - Geno/UConn wants to be visible and schedule the best. But, this schedule benefits Geno/UConn's AD more than the players' well-being. Also, Geno should want his team peaking in March and not Dec./Jan. For the last 10 years or so, it's been the opposite.

2023 and 2024 season NC schedule tells me how good Geno thinks this team can be. He is challenging them. That's what coming to UConn is all about.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Syracuse wouldn't even give Stewie a home game. I don't know if Geno holds a grudge, but I sure do.
Hoops, that's water under the bridge now. There's a new Sheriff in town. Syracuse's refusal to host a homecoming game for Breanna Stewart in 2016 was courtesy of their former head coach Quintin Hillsman, not the school. In August 2021, Hillsman resigned from his position as the Syracuse University women's basketball head coach after allegations of misconduct. Any animosity that might have been had for Hillsman was satisfied later that year when UConn destroyed Syracuse in the NCAAT championship game 82-51 to win #11.

Felisha Legette-Jack is the current head coach of Syracuse University's women's basketball team. She previously served as the head coach at the University at Buffalo, Indiana University, and Hofstra University's women's basketball teams. She was hired to replace Hillsman a week or two after his departure. She comes in with a clean slate, and should not be held accountable for any errors in judgment by Hillsman. :cool:

1681435178566.png

Legette-Jack

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Isn't Tamika Williams-Jeter running the show at Dayton these days? Another branch of Genos coaching tree.

Reaction Score
Wow! That’ll get the troops ready! Let’s hope the BE steps up as well.
Let's play and practice more safely. It's always been trumpeted, "Uconn's practices are harder than their games!" Then, Paige, among others is out for season from an Unsupervised? pickup game? There has to be a better way. Not saying I know what that would be, but something. Now that LSU's nonconference schedule is off the hook, let's scientifically ease up a little. Let some of the bench get beat up. They are not limping.

Reaction Score
Reminds me years ago I was at a restaurant/buffet? and there obviously a men's basketball team eating there (during March Madness time). I asked them where they were from. They replied UNC. In my head I was like, "no you're not, they aren't playing around here". Turns out they were UNC-Charlotte.

I wanted to tell them they can't go around calling themselves UNC. They're UNC-Charlotte.....BIG difference. But I just told them good luck. :cool:
I was a big Celtics fan in the '80s and Cedric Maxwell went to UNC Charlotte. I met him years ago in the media cafeteria at the Garden prior to one of his radio broadcasts. I would bet there are plenty of Tar Heels who wished they had Cornbread's career, including an NBA Finals MVP.

Reaction Score
Hoops, that's water under the bridge now. There's a new Sheriff in town. Syracuse's refusal to host a homecoming game for Breanna Stewart in 2016 was courtesy of their former head coach Quintin Hillsman, not the school. In August 2021, Hillsman resigned from his position as the Syracuse University women's basketball head coach after allegations of misconduct. Any animosity that might have been had for Hillsman was satisfied later that year when UConn destroyed Syracuse in the NCAAT championship game 82-51 to win #11.

Felisha Legette-Jack is the current head coach of Syracuse University's women's basketball team. She previously served as the head coach at the University at Buffalo, Indiana University, and Hofstra University's women's basketball teams. She was hired to replace Hillsman a week or two after his departure. She comes in with a clean slate, and should not be held accountable for any errors in judgment by Hillsman. :cool:

View attachment 87347
Legette-Jack
I like Felisha Legette-Jack. Even though she had thoughts of ”kidnapping” some of the Huskies a few years ago!

Reaction Score
Isn't Tamika Williams-Jeter running the show at Dayton these days? Another branch of Genos coaching tree.
Yes indeed. Coach Tamika Williams-Jeter is running the show there in Dayton. Wishing her all the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom