UConn's 23-24 Non-Con Schedule | The Boneyard

UConn's 23-24 Non-Con Schedule

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230327_220357_Twitter.jpg

Reaction Score
Love that schedule! Would love to see a game against Iowa, LSU, Stanford, or Duke—the latter two mainly for the nostalgia (plus the recent games against them were fun to watch).

Reaction Score
I'm not sure anything is confirmed with Tennessee, would be good considering the history, their team hasn't been impressive but they will likely be solid with PortalU.

The SEC team i would rather have UConn face is LSU just for the Mulkey-Geno match. Two great historic wbb coaches that have been competitive. Whenever Geno discusses the Baylor-Uconn series of old, he talks positively about the Baylor fans.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Love that schedule! Would love to see a game against Iowa, LSU, Stanford, or Duke—the latter two mainly for the nostalgia (plus the recent games against them were fun to watch).
Do you think Tara would want to schedule us. Seems she's over playing any series with GA and the squad.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really loaded schedule. SC/ND should be excellent next year. NC/Tennessee/Maryland/Texas/Louisville/NC State all have potential to be top 10 too. Would love to see an Iowa/UCONN match up, it'd draw in a ton of eyes to see Paige/Caitlin. The game this year (without Paige) was phenomenal.

Reaction Score
They should put tOSU on there too
I could have sworn that UConn and Ohio State agreed to schedule a four game home and home series starting next year. I recall that only because I thought a couple of football games should be bundled into the deal.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is it correct that we only have 18 games inside the conference next year?

OOC sked looks great!

Where is that early season tourney being played?

Reaction Score
I disagree with the schedule of out of conference teams listed above in addition to inconference schedule of Big East Teams especially if they are going to be spaced as they were this year. That is too much pressure for the personnel to endure and leaves no room for injuries and unforcasted events that will not allow the opitimum team to be on the floor.

These recruits should not be looked at as the miracles to place UConn above other programs. In most cases these miracle recruits sit on the bench and languish away contributing very little. What happened to Ayanna Patterson and Amari Debarry? What a waste when these young women would be starters or backups in other programs. And, yet when they try to contribute, the results are less than satisfactory.

Couple of interesting factoids, Paige and Azzi have been missing in action for the last two years and when Azzi has been available, everyone thinks that every basket is going to go in and that is not the case. She is not a Caitlan Clark or a Maddy Siecrest who can do this in almost every game. And, who is to say that these two women can ever play effectively again and not have other injuries to their legs that will eliminate them for another year. Paige is becoming he greatest basketball player that never played. And, Carolyn may be theoretically finished. Did not anyone see her holding her head during the game with Ohio State while on the floor trying to play.

I would prefer an easier schedule that allows the team to come together and allow them to learn to play basketball the way Geno wants them to play. Beating these kids to ground with that schedule listed above does not necessarily prepare them for adversity as it breaks the team down.

I know that there those that have voiced approval of the schedule above and I think that there are some that who would like to see a more modest schedul. The kind of schedule above is for a team like of the Breanna Stewart years. Not now. They are not even close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom