UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Not sure why we were nervous...

Gabby was named MVP of the region.
Lou & Crystal All-Tournament team.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this?? Our leading scorer (by a wide margin), rebounder & shot blocker for the tournament wasn’t even awarded! Bahaha

Poor Pheesa, never gets her proper recognition.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This was a butt whooping of the first order. Crystal was AMAZING tonight. Balanced scoring from all 5 starters. The offense was clicking tonight. At times it was surgical in the way the passes found the open player. Excellent defense in daring SC to shot from beyond the arc..

SC made a big mistake slowing down the game. It was counterproductive. Took them out of the offensive game. SC did not look like they were into the game from the beginning. By the 3rd quarter you could see defeat on their faces.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Great win, adding to the intimidation factor for the next team. However, it often happens that after a hot shooting 3 pt game, a team goes ice cold in the subsequent game. Hope we can adjust. I didn't think Z looked too comfortable, but Megan Walker was OK.
Actually Lou's been fairly consistent. Last game Kia was good from the arc, and Crystal struggled. This game Crystal was good from the arc and Kia was okay. The difference is when your point guard shoots well from the arc it opens the floor far more than when your forwards do.

Reaction Score
WOW again.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not sure why we were nervous...

Gabby was named MVP of the region.
Lou & Crystal All-Tournament team.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this?? Our leading scorer (by a wide margin), rebounder & shot blocker for the tournament wasn’t even awarded! Bahaha

Poor Pheesa, never gets her proper recognition.
It's because she is so smooth she makes it look easy and doesn't get noticed.

Reaction Score
I also found it strange how much pt Grissett got compared to Cliney/Herbert Harrigan.

Thought she was ok but she lost shooters several times. She and Jackson.

Reaction Score
Why were the starters in the game up 30 with 5 minutes to go? Lucky no one gut hurt.

Reaction Score

My apologies to Geno and my family (who had to listen to me) as I yelled at Geno repeatedly to take his injured starters out of game with 30 point lead. Guess he fixed me - put Crystal back in with 3 minutes left Head bang

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I also found it strange how much pt Grissett got compared to Cliney/Herbert Harrigan.

Thought she was ok but she lost shooters several times. She and Jackson.
Maybe because of the two quick fouls Herbert Harrigan got. Dawn was not happy with that.

Reaction Score
My apologies to Geno and my family (who had to listen to me) as I yelled at Geno repeatedly to take his injured starters out of game with 30 point lead. Guess he fixed me - put Crystal back in with 3 minutes left Head bang

You tried to out-coach Geno ...in his presence?!!!

You're brave. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think letting them get so many shots "in the paint" helped that just a little. Something that Geno can look forward to working on this week.
It just seemed like they were instructed not to foul no matter what when SC was in the paint.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hope Ezi was watching or will watch tonight's game. Come to UConn and play with a guard that is an AA and loves to pass, or go to UCLA and play for a team without a guard to get you the ball.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So happy for Crystal getting recognized! Maybe Phees will take that slight and turn it into a MOP performance in the FF!
Ain't gonna happen, A'ja is gonna get it cause ESPN says so. Oh, wait....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom