UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

UConn vs SCar Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
For some time the favored blueprint for beating UConn has been crystalizing: slow the game down. Pack the paint. Dare shooters other than KLS to hit from deep.

It would not have worked earlier in the season when we were consistently hot from deep. It did work more often in the latter part of the season / tourneys.

But when players are hitting from 3 like they did today...well, that's what we call having a plan and getting punched in the face instead. :D I don't expect UConn to shoot quite as well as they did in the 1st half today in the Final Four...but hopefully this put that extra little quantum of doubt in the minds of opposing coaches and players.

Reaction Score
Was SC's slow-the-game pace early a fatal flaw?

I mean I'm fine with rolling the dice when you're the underdog, but it turned out to be a strategy that failed miserably. SC seemed to do better in the 2nd qtr when they played more regular pace and even push tempo.

Reaction Score
Wondering if

1. Did Lexi Brown of Duke watch the entire UConn game while rooting for Wilson?

2. Are Evina Westbrook and her parents watching the E8 games today? Both of them or just the ND vs ORE?

3. Is Tea Cooper discussing these games with Zircon Deshields?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Boy was I wrong. It seems if the team was saying you only got your Championship because we didn't take care of Business against Miss St. A dominating win. I got annoyed at how the announcer was carrying on about A'ja and no mention of what Kia and Gabby have accomplished over their career. They carried on for the last 5 minutes of the game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UConn has beat the He** out of South Carolina every time they have EVER played. Why some people were worried or anxious about this game. I have never seen any cohesiveness out of the South Carolina offense, EVER!

My apology. :cool:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Congratulations to S.C..... they are only the second team in the last 500 or so games to shoot 50% from the floor against UCONN. :)
I think letting them get so many shots "in the paint" helped that just a little. Something that Geno can look forward to working on this week.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
For some time the favored blueprint for beating UConn has been crystalizing: slow the game down. Pack the paint. Dare shooters other than KLS to hit from deep.
crystalizing! Do not know if you did that on purpose but if so ,you are dangerous
It would not have worked earlier in the season when we were consistently hot from deep. It did work more often in the latter part of the season / tourneys.

But when players are hitting from 3 like they did today...well, that's what we call having a plan and getting punched in the face instead. :D I don't expect UConn to shoot quite as well as they did in the 1st half today in the Final Four...but hopefully this put that extra little quantum of doubt in the minds of opposing coaches and players.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Great win, adding to the intimidation factor for the next team. However, it often happens that after a hot shooting 3 pt game, a team goes ice cold in the subsequent game. Hope we can adjust. I didn't think Z looked too comfortable, but Megan Walker was OK.

Reaction Score
ALBANY REGIONAL AWARDS

Cierra Dillard - Buffalo
Katie Lou - UCONN
A'ja Wilson - USC
Crystal Dangerfield - UCONN
Gabby (Most Outstanding Player) - UCONN

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Albany Regional All-Tournament Team: <a href="Tweets with replies by Cierra Dillard (@msdillard15) | Twitter">@msdillard15</a>, <a href="A'ja Wilson (@_ajawilson22) | Twitter">@_ajawilson22</a>, Crystal Dangerfield, Gabby Williams (MVP) and Katie Lou Samuelson.</p>&mdash; Josh Hyber (@JoshHyberUSC) <a href="">March 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure I embedded the tweet right? Still new to this!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom