UConn vs Miami Final Four | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Miami Final Four

Reaction Score
Anybody can beat anybody, that’s what makes March awesome, but the amount of pantywetting I’m seeing after Miami’s win is downright incredible, given that 24 hours haven’t even gone by since we beat the best offensive team in the country by 7,000 points.

If you “don’t like matchup,” I don’t like the cut of your jib.
What makes me nervous is they haven't had an obvious matchup advantage against a #4, #1, and #2 seed, and beat all of them.

The matchup is fine. They have something intangible going that we're going to have to match (which, granted, we have done through 4 games so far).

Reaction Score
Who wouldn't have signed up for a National Semifinal game with Miami as the opponent?

Bingo.

Seriously, considering who we've already played & beaten this season going back to November, if we can't beat Miami and the FAU/SDSU winner on this big stage, then we don't deserve to be cutting down the nets next Monday night.

We're the best team of the four. It's up to us to play our best and make them try to beat us.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
People claiming theyd have preferred playing the big12 tourney champs in their home state is surprising, to say the least. Would we have preferred playing Houston at home too? I don’t think so. Thank you Miami for knocking both out for us.
Miami is helping with our destiny.

Reaction Score
Miami has a very similar lineup to Arkansas, and we know how that worked out.

4 guards and a 6-7 center means they are extremely small. Sanogo will feast down low. We will grab most of the rebounds. Miami will have to get one of our key guys (AJ, JH) in foul trouble and bang some 3’s to beat us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

4 guards and a 6-7 center means they are extremely small. Sanogo will feast down low. We will grab most of the rebounds. Miami will have to get one of our key guys (AJ, JH) in foul trouble and bang some 3’s to beat us.

Arkansas is a bunch of NBA and borderline NBA players that play like idiots. Miami might not have Arkansas' talent level, but they play a lot smarter and get good shots.

Reaction Score

The difference is Miami's guys have been making those tough 2s that Arkansas couldn't.

Is our D significantly better than Texas's? The metrics say no.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What makes me nervous is they haven't had an obvious matchup advantage against a #4, #1, and #2 seed, and beat all of them.

The matchup is fine. They have something intangible going that we're going to have to match (which, granted, we have done through 4 games so far).

I'm nervous too. There's a lot on the line. But I bet Miami fans (all 6 of them) are very nervous about facing UConn.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I know the BY thing is to claim we are “DOOMED” with any one of 100 different memes. But we have laid waste to every opponent we’ve faced, including shellacking the statistically best offensive team in the nation by nearly 30, holding them to 54 points.

So if this goes south at any point in the next two games I’ll be appalled. Just play like you have so far boys, grab that cup with two hands.

And I apologize to the “Doomed”.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are bigger at every single position. Miami was able to kill Texas inside because they were missing Disu and Bishop is just not that good. They won’t be able to get to the rim like that against Sanogo and Clingan. However, they are absolute nails from the FT line. We cannot foul these guys. That’s how they will beat us.
Beat us???

Reaction Score
The difference is Miami's guys have been making those tough 2s that Arkansas couldn't.

You think our D is not as good as Texas? That’s nuts.

caw

Reaction Score
Miami is like a better Arkansas offensively but their center is better offensively and stronger (not taller). They make bad shots a lot but are more dangerous because they can make threes.

Defensively they are a sieve at times. They can put some ball pressure but they lose focus a lot. Need to put them away when they do because they do seem to lock in at the end of close games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The only team out of top 16 seeds to make Final Four U C O N N.
Has there ever been a Final Four without a single 1, 2 or 3 seed?
I think the 2000 Final Four had the highest sum of the seeds ever. That one had two No. 8 seeds, one No. 5 seed and one No. 1 seed for a total of 22.

The 2023 Final Four has one No. 4 seed, two No. 5 seeds and one No. 9 seed for a total of 23. So is 2023 the new record?

caw

Reaction Score
You think our D is not as good as Texas? That’s nuts.

If Texas has Disu they play very good defense and put more pressure on the ball than UConn. UConn is more stable and bigger down low with more looks defensively.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nerd=2.jpg

Reaction Score
I think the 2000 Final Four had the highest sum of the seeds ever. That one had two No. 8 seeds, one No. 5 seed and one No. 1 seed for a total of 22.

The 2023 Final Four has one No. 4 seed, two No. 5 seeds and one No. 9 seed for a total of 23. So is 2023 the new record?

Fewest combined wins by No. 1 and No. 2 seeds in an NCAA Tournament since expansion to 64 teams in 1985:

2023: 11

2000: 16

1990: 17

2011: 17

2018: 18

https://twitter.com/...5723603969?s=20

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads