UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Women scored twice in the last 3 minutes to tie Providence 2-2, but lost in a shootout.

Reaction Score
At least did the $2 miller lite promo go better than it did at basketball game?

Reaction Score
WHOC @Toscano: 35 goals in 13 games.
The women have heart and an actual hockey coach

The women scored two goals to tie the game with less than 3 minutes left in the third.

I wish the men’s program was anywhere close to where MacKenzie’s program is

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I just don’t know why I bother driving up here anymore. This might have been the best crowd of the year and it was all for naught. At least I got home early.

Reaction Score
The women have heart and an actual hockey coach

I wish the men’s program was anywhere close to where MacKenzie’s program is
Hey all they need is a shinny new on campus rink with " tons of loud students" ( from the Uconn blog ) and a top level half a million dollar coach ( that they outbid theirselves for ;) ).... Oh wait

Reaction Score
Back-to-back 0-5 losses at home on friday nights in your own arena is a clear indication of poor coaching and a team with a lack of discipline who have taken major penalties in 3 out of the last 4 games. With the way the team wilted down the stretch last year and the play this year Cav needs to go.

Reaction Score
At least did the $2 miller lite promo go better than it did at basketball game?
Half way through the first period they were all out of them. They can't even do 2 dollar crappy beers night right.
Just put Guinness in this place so I can wipe away the shame of drinking cheap crap beer for 10 minutes during yet another horrible loss.

Reaction Score
Lack of discipline is a major concern with this team. Even Salminen has caught the stupid bug.

Lack of speed and play making skill compared to prior UConn years is a major concern. Do we have kids who play with grit? Sure. Do we have a Thompson or a Letunov on this team or even a Tverberg? Hell no.

Lack of a first rounder playing like a first rounder and instead playing like a 7th rounder is a major concern. Has he thrown a hit in 18 months? It's hockey. Play physical and maybe other things will fall into place. I literally didn't notice him until the second d period. I'd have to believe There is NO WAY Nashville allows him to be with this program next year unless something drastic happens.

Lack of Sergeev playing against QU last Saturday is still a major concern to me. Hope Cav doesn't think in a bizarre way that Sergeev giving up 5 tonight absolves him of the people criticizing him for last weeks decision. Sergeev was playing 5 against 2 or 3 it seemed all night.

Lack of wins in this new facility is a major concern. It is a long dreary ride up to Storrs every game knowing that you are just riding up to meet your maker. The only silver lining is we have sucked so bad the last two Toscano games that getting on the highway before the final horn sounds makes me feel like I've actually had a taste of what success is like for the night.

For anyone dismayed about not being able to see a game at Toscano, there is no need to worry. I imagine there is a chance there will be a lot of tickets available next year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They’ve given up 10 straight goals at Toscano.

They’ve been shutout three times this season at Toscano.

They have one even-strength goal against a Hockey East team at Toscano since December 1. Harvard stinks and is irrelevant.

I’ve been following UConn hockey for 20-something years. They’ve had a lot of bad teams.

But this is the first one that looks like they’ve quit. They’ve absolutely quit. They’ve quit on the coach, they’ve quit on the fans, they’ve quit on each other.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
70 mill for what to see a hockey team skate up and down the ice and nothing else.

Reaction Score
Lack of a first rounder playing like a first rounder and instead playing like a 7th rounder is a major concern. Has he thrown a hit in 18 months? It's hockey. Play physical and maybe other things will fall into place. I literally didn't notice him until the second d period. I'd have to believe There is NO WAY Nashville allows him to be with this program next year unless something drastic happens.
Give me Kondelik over Wood every day of the week.

Kondelik’s ability to hold possession in the offensive zone and to shield off defenders was tremendous. Miss that guy

Reaction Score
Thanks for the day off..

Everything I was thinking has been said - sadly...

Reaction Score
And yet we've seen them have a horrible loss at home and then go on the road 24 hours later and inexplicably win. Just happened against UNH. I'm not counting on it but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom