UConn top five | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn top five

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Smitty was around a #35 recruit - Calhoun's first pretty high ranking recruit.

Oh, okay.

I remember that it was Calhoun's first big recruiting victory and that Smith was the top CT player. However, I didn't remember how he was viewed nationally and its hard to get any recruiting data from back in those days. If #35 is accurate, then maybe i'd keep him off the list because that would place him among the top 15 recruiting spots for us all time (or close to that). But if he wasn't a top 50 recruit, his importance to this program can't be overstated...

Reaction Score
Oh, okay.

I remember that it was Calhoun's first big recruiting victory and that Smith was the top CT player. However, I didn't remember how he was viewed nationally and its hard to get any recruiting data from back in those days. If #35 is accurate, then maybe i'd keep him off the list because that would place him among the top 15 recruiting spots for us all time (or close to that). But if he wasn't a top 50 recruit, his importance to this program can't be overstated...

Calhoun might even place him at #1 in that regard. Without the dream season, it's hard to imagine the class of Donyell, Donny, Kevin, Rudy, and Booh coming in, and Ray Ray shortly thereafter.

Reaction Score
I agree, but being a pivotal player in not one, but TWO titles is unheard of. Only a select fraternity of players have two rings on the hand, and he's one of the best of 'em, since most people probably can't remember any others besides say Laettner.
I agree. I didn't expect a title in 2014, but from day 1 I always liked Napier. To me, the other two came out of nowhere. I guess I just had the bar higher for Napier and he got drafted lower. Overall, your comment about his accomplishments on the college floor and the bookend titles is spot on.

Reaction Score
The definitive hipster list.

No, it's an attempt at comedic relief which Lord knows today's UCONN fan is in dire need of. They have to have taken years off of my life. Can I sue? Call me whatever you want, I have been called a lot worse than hipster ha! Just please God give us a return to prominence, so that I may RIP
Al Lewis
Ron Hrubala
Al Vaughn
Oliver Macklin
Willie McCloud

Your move!;)
haha!
Al Weston
Bobby Boyd
Wes Bialosuknia
Toby Kimball
Tony Hanson
A real nice 5, add Snake Taylor 6th man. #you're up!

Reaction Score
No, it's an attempt at comedic relief which Lord knows today's UConn fan is in dire need of. They have to have taken years off of my life. Can I sue? Call me whatever you want, I have been called a lot worse than hipster ha! Just please God give us a return to prominence, so that I may RIP

haha!
Al Weston
Bobby Boyd
Wes Bialosuknia
Toby Kimball
Tony Hanson
A real nice 5, add Snake Taylor 6th man. #you're up!

Cal Chapman
Lee Otis Wilson
Eddie Williams
Larry Blucher
James Spradling

lol..:D

Reaction Score
We better not hijack this thread we will be looking into the eyes of Deepster and brother swami.

It was fun - call it a tie!

Reaction Score
1. Tom McCrocklin
2. Jimmy Foster
3. Ruslan Inyatkin
4. Gary Custik
5. Antric Klaiber

I challenge the boneyard to beat that!!! Bwahahaha!
Unconscionable that you would leave out Monquencio Hardnett.

Reaction Score
Cal Chapman
Lee Otis Wilson
Eddie Williams
Larry Blucher
James Spradling

lol..:D
Damn that was good! Larry Blucher good !

1. Alvin Frederick
2. Monquencio Hardnett
3. Albert Mouring
4. Shamon Toole
5. Nantambu Willingham

Reaction Score
Unconscionable that you would leave out Monquencio Hardnett.

Ha, damn I did not see this before I put out my new list with "Q" on it!! They just had an ESPN classic with Q on the team against St. John's. My Son & I went over to watch it and we lost. We motored out of the bar the same way we do after a normal loss Haha. He said to me; "it hurts still" ha!#SICKNESS#UAmember#UConnAnonymous

Reaction Score
Calhoun might even place him at #1 in that regard. Without the dream season, it's hard to imagine the class of Donyell, Donny, Kevin, Rudy, and Booh coming in, and Ray Ray shortly thereafter.

Didn't think Rudy was part of that class. It was Brian Fair no?

Reaction Score
how can anyone overlook Deng. Don't you all remember how Dicky V bragged about him during the Championship Game. No one could dominate the folding chairs like Deng did in practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom