Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2022 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
New London Day reports that five new players have just joined the Mystic Schooners of the NECBL, including Kevin Ferrer. The Schooners online roster still lists UConn as Ferrrer's school.

Reaction Score
CD00E26E-491F-4BB4-B5FA-5630BE37AFE6.jpeg

Reaction Score
The following UConn players are currently listed to play in the NECBL this summer. As always, additions and subtractions are possible and probable.

Brady Afthim - Sanford
Korey Morton - Danbury
Braden Quinn - Danbury
Curren Larson - Keene
Mitchell Pascarella - Vermont
Zach Stephenson - Bristol
Sam Favieri is now listed on the Mystic Schooners roster. By the way, the Schooners will be playing their home games at Dodd Stadium in Norwich this summer.

Luke Broadhurst is on the summer roster of the Bristol Blues of the NECBL, and has appeared in a couple games.

Reaction Score
New London Day reports that five new players have just joined the Mystic Schooners of the NECBL, including Kevin Ferrer. The Schooners online roster still lists UConn as Ferrrer's school.

Hector Alejandro is also now listed on the Mystic Schooners roster. Guessing he is one of the five new players mentioned above.

Luke Broadhurst is on the summer roster of the Bristol Blues of the NECBL, and has appeared in a couple games.

Reaction Score
Heading up to the Cape this weekend. Any idea when our guys will be activated?

Interesting, UConn players have been joining various summer league teams since the last game against Stanford, and have been getting playing time. However, while several UConn players are listed in the Player Search listing in the Cape Cod League, from what I can tell no UConn players are currently listed on the active summer rosters of any Cape Cod team. Guessing that once UConn players start reporting to their Cape teams, they will first be activated and then put on the active roster.

Reaction Score
Interesting, UConn players have been joining various summer league teams since the last game against Stanford, and have been getting playing time. However, while several UConn players are listed in the Player Search listing in the Cape Cod League, from what I can tell no UConn players are currently listed on the active summer rosters of any Cape Cod team. Guessing that once UConn players start reporting to their Cape teams, they will first be activated and then put on the active roster.
I know the team USA Collegiate National Team is starting soon which will open a handful of cape league roster spots so perhaps those spots will be filled with Huskies

Reaction Score
According to the Cape Cod League transactions page, both Bryan Padilla and Jack Sullivan have joined the Wareham Gatemen today

At least that is a start. Padilla and Sullivan are showing up now on the online roster for Wareham, they were not listed yesterday.

Reaction Score

Brady Afthim has appeared in two games for Sanford of the NECBL 3 walks, 3 strikeouts, and 2 hits allowed in 3 innings with no runs allowed yet. Certainly a solid start to the summer season.

Reaction Score

Alejandro pitched a fair amount of innings early on this season for UConn before the coaching staff pretty much stopped using him. From this early usage, it would seem the UConn coaching staff sees some talent in him, even if he didn't produce the results they were looking for. Because of this, it makes me particularly interested to see how Alejandro performs this summer with the Mystic Schooners.

Considering the Schooners are now using Dodd Stadium in Norwich as their home field, I'm hoping that Alejandro will appear in some of the Schooners games that I hope to go to over the summer season.

Reaction Score

Despite his entrance into the portal, he’s still referred to as being with UConn as UConn Baseball also liked the tweet which is interesting. Also, it’s Kevin, not Kyle guys

Reaction Score
Alejandro pitched a fair amount of innings early on this season for UConn before the coaching staff pretty much stopped using him. From this early usage, it would seem the UConn coaching staff sees some talent in him, even if he didn't produce the results they were looking for. Because of this, it makes me particularly interested to see how Alejandro performs this summer with the Mystic Schooners.

Considering the Schooners are now using Dodd Stadium in Norwich as their home field, I'm hoping that Alejandro will appear in some of the Schooners games that I hope to go to over the summer season.

Same problem as McBride. After a decent start, he started walking way too many. The one thing the coaching staff didn’t have patience with. He had good stuff. Hopefully he can find the strike zone again.

Reaction Score
Same problem as McBride. After a decent start, he started walking way too many. The one thing the coaching staff didn’t have patience with. He had good stuff. Hopefully he can find the strike zone again.

Yes, Alejandro had control problems, as did McBride. However, the coaching staff gave a lot more innings to Alejandro early on in the season then they did with McBride. Safe to say that the coaching staff showed some game confidence in Alejandro that they never really showed with McBride this season. Of course, McBride also got hurt in a game in the middle of the season, and never pitched again in a game.

Reaction Score

Despite his entrance into the portal, he’s still referred to as being with UConn as UConn Baseball also liked the tweet which is interesting. Also, it’s Kevin, not Kyle guys

If you ask me, a player may enter the transfer portal, but until he signs up with another school, I don't have a problem with them referring to the last school that he was at or played for in a tweet. Players may enter the portal, but that does not necessarily mean they are gone. Sometimes they do come back. To give an example, Todd Petersen was in the transfer portal last summer, but was back with UConn for fall ball. Of course, he was gone from the team after his UConn fall ball stint.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the Norwich Sea Unicorns game tonight. Unlike last season, the Sea Unicorns are not putting out in game tweets this season. I mentioned that in a complaint to the team's general manager during a game recently.

However, UConn baseball put out this tweet on Ryan Hyde who has joined the Sea Unicorns, and started at catcher tonight:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, Alejandro had control problems, as did McBride. However, the coaching staff gave a lot more innings to Alejandro early on in the season then they did with McBride. Safe to say that the coaching staff showed some game confidence in Alejandro that they never really showed with McBride this season. Of course, McBride also got hurt in a game in the middle of the season, and never pitched again in a game.

Huh? McBride was unacceptably wild in 2021 and came out the same way in 2022. Alejandro pitched effectively for a few appearances before his control started to decline.

Reaction Score
Huh? McBride was unacceptably wild in 2021 and came out the same way in 2022. Alejandro pitched effectively for a few appearances before his control started to decline.

McBride never got regular pitching time on the mound due to his wildness during his time at UConn, no problem with that even with his potential. Alejandro got fairly regular pitching time through March, until the April game disasters against St. John's and UMass pretty much did him in for the season. But before those games Alejandro was doing okay and looked like he had a chance of breaking through to possibly a bigger pitching role before he lost the confidence of the coaching staff for this season.

Reaction Score
The NECBL Player Search function is now showing Brendan O'Donnell with the Bristol Blues. O'Donnell is not yet listed on the current Bristol Blues roster, so it is possible that it might just be a matter of time before it happens.

O'Donnell had been showing up in the Player Search function for the the Cape Cod League as had been previously reported in this thread, but he is no longer listed there.

Reaction Score
McBride never got regular pitching time on the mound due to his wildness during his time at UConn, no problem with that even with his potential. Alejandro got fairly regular pitching time through March, until the April game disasters against St. John's and UMass pretty much did him in for the season. But before those games Alejandro was doing okay and looked like he had a chance of breaking through to possibly a bigger pitching role before he lost the confidence of the coaching staff for this season.
Is McBride the player who nuked Penders on social media?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Alejandro started to give up bombs and then his control became shaky. I wondered if he was injured at any point.

Reaction Score
Is McBride the player who nuked Penders on social media?
Unless I missed something I think you are thinking of Will Lucas. In which case, my metaphor of choice would be closer to self-immolated, considering he’s not playing anywhere while Penders on the other hand got to a Super Regional and just got a huge raise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom