UConn stats...scoring analysis... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn stats...scoring analysis...

sun

Reaction Score
You clearly don't understand. 25 years ago Connecticut was a suburb of NYC. With the Whalers gone the only thing keeping the XL Center open was UConn MBB and WBB.

What's disrespectful is the thought either team owes the state or the XL Center anything.
Gampel is having a new court installed that will probably cost over $1 million.
I doubt that the athletic dept can directly pay for it when it has a deficit.
Just saying, the state takes really good care of funding UConn.
UConn doesn't skimp on any of the BB coaches contracts either, they're the highest paid state employees.
Geno gets paid extra money just to talk to the media which you'd think that it would be included in his job description.
He doesn't talk to the media for free and he's even gets paid to curse about the games during pressers.
And also while receiving technical fouls. :D

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Gampel is having a new court installed that will probably cost over $1 million.
I doubt that the athletic dept can directly pay for it when it has a deficit.
Just saying, the state takes really good care of funding UConn.
The rental terms for basketball and hockey at the XL, and football at Rentschler are a bit onerous. Both facilities take a lot of income from the teams, take most or all of concessions, which leaves UConn with very little. The AD has said that they may be auctioning off pieces of the court, so that will help a bit.

JBK

Reaction Score
All athletes, even those in the NBA need to have a chance to catch their breath during a game. Basketball isn't like football where you run a play and then stand still for a minute to catch your breath.
I agree. But there are lots of breaks in a 40 minute game. Believe me - I am a fan of using our 4 bench players. 3 were top 25 high school recruits in the country

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom