UConn "Secret" Scrimmages | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn "Secret" Scrimmages

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Given our lack of guard play currently and the way UVA defends, O/U on that scrimmage is like 80 total points between the two squads and I'm grateful it will not be on video. That will be the rockiest of all rock fights.

You could not pay me enough money to watch that game.

Did you ever watch a Jim Calhoun coached team? I think rock fights were a thing for him

I love rock fights, I'd pay regular season prices to watch that game

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hurley when it comes to revealing information other teams might use to prepare.
New Hampshire Belichick GIF by Washington Examiner

My second favorite coach of all time

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Hurley doesn't control the Harvard side of things though, I figured the guy that turns on the lights or someone might talk a bit.

I'll be Mr Sunshine and suggest Harvard didn't leak anything, because we wiped the floor with them.

It's as legit as any of the other nonsense in this place...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did you ever watch a Jim Calhoun coached team? I think rock fights were a thing for him

I love rock fights, I'd pay regular season prices to watch that game

I don't mind a rock fight when I know it's highly skilled players going after each other. The Pistons/Celtics or Piston/Bulls games were awesome because you knew how good those players were and how much energy it took to make them work for their points.

A rock fight between mediocre teams whose offensively skilled players are few and a defense only needing to be okay to keep a college game in the 50's sucks to watch.

Reaction Score
Bad news is that AJ and AK are injured and missed the scrimmage. Good news is that Akok scrimmaged, scored 13 points and is as healthy as a horse.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk this is your moment.

Samson taking advantage of no Karaban.
There's nothing good about an injury to Karaban. I expect both to be contributors this year. I'd even expect Karaban to play SF some with Jackson out. But I'm glad to hear Samson played will. I think he's going to be a difference maker. Not many teams have anybody who can really match up.

Reaction Score
For the first time since 2014 UConn has a full 13 scholarship roster w/o a redshirt, transfer, or a guy(s) recovering from major injuries. More that any time in recent history an injury or two will not be catastrophic.
Agree. A starting lineup of Newton, Hawkins, Alleyne, Sanogo and Johnson, backed up by a six-man bench of both experience and youthful promise should bring the team into PK at 5-0 and with a developing chemistry that DH may be reluctant to disturb. I doubt that either AJ or AK will be "rushed" back. They will get a full chance to recover.

Reaction Score

UConn was originally slated to host its Blue/White Night on Monday, but rescheduled it for Nov. 2 in hopes that the Huskies will be able to field more of a complete team by then. If Karaban can participate, the event is likely to be more of an intrasquad scrimmage, perhaps divided into three 10-minute quarters. If Karaban can't play, the event will likely be more of an open practice.

What? One player's availability is going to dictate how the entire open practice is conducted? Seems a little strange.

Reaction Score
Primo Spears from Windsor right?

Yessir. I remember watching him play in middle school vs. East Hartford in their conference championship. Kid was nasty.

Yep. He was the last straw for me. Played in really competitive men's open leagues around the state for years. Played against him at Bristol Boys and Girls and it was that day that I realized I couldn't keep up any more. In my defense I was 35 and he was 18 but one of if not the quickest dudes I've ever had to guard. Amari Spievey would be up there with him. They told me to give him a step too and he rained threes. I'm very happy with who we got but was certainly hoping we had a spot for him when he transferred.

Reaction Score
UConn was originally slated to host its Blue/White Night on Monday, but rescheduled it for Nov. 2 in hopes that the Huskies will be able to field more of a complete team by then. If Karaban can participate, the event is likely to be more of an intrasquad scrimmage, perhaps divided into three 10-minute quarters. If Karaban can't play, the event will likely be more of an open practice.

What? One player's availability is going to dictate how the entire open practice is conducted? Seems a little strange.

Without Dre and Karaban, they would be at 11, including Yarin and Tolo. We know those two are behind, especially Yarin. They’re just trying to do right by the guys and put out a good product in front of everyone if they do scrimmage. Nothing’s been decided and hopefully everyone heals quickly.

Reaction Score

How can you have 3 10 minute quarters? Would it be 3rds or periods? Yea

Reaction Score
Yep. He was the last straw for me. Played in really competitive men's open leagues around the state for years. Played against him at Bristol Boys and Girls and it was that day that I realized I couldn't keep up any more. In my defense I was 35 and he was 18 but one of if not the quickest dudes I've ever had to guard. Amari Spievey would be up there with him. They told me to give him a step too and he rained threes. I'm very happy with who we got but was certainly hoping we had a spot for him when he transferred.
Great story! I wonder when it was for me that I realized I was washed (not that you're washed sir) but I think it was around the same age where I realilzed I couldn't run up and down the floor with top notch athletes, but I will say I had quite the comeback in my early 30's, probably played the best ball of my life from 28-34

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Without Dre and Karaban, they would be at 11, including Yarin and Tolo. We know those two are behind, especially Yarin. They’re just trying to do right by the guys and put out a good product in front of everyone if they do scrimmage. Nothing’s been decided and hopefully everyone heals quickly.
Have Andrew fill in then. It’s just an event for fans anyways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom