UConn-SCSU postgame thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-SCSU postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think she will be 6th player after Geno's interview comments. He said he intends to do 3-4 minute bursts with her to try and keep her healthy. That doesn't lend itself to being a starter.
That burst could be at the start of the game: 2-3 steals, a couple rebounds, 2-3 fast break layups, UConn up 12-0, sit Aubrey down and bring in Caroline to knock down a few 3’s….:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That burst could be at the start of the game: 2-3 steals, a couple rebounds, 2-3 fast break layups, UConn up 12-0, sit Aubrey down and bring in Caroline to knock down a few 3’s….:rolleyes:
Who knew it would be that easy. A lot less wear & tear on me over the course of a long season; looking forward to it.:)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One small but significant thing I noticed yesterday that I haven't seen mentioned:

When a shot went up and Shade was near the basket she didn't turn to the basket. She looked around for the nearest opposing player, and even if that player was several feet further from the basket, Shade would go out and put a body on her. Getting a body on an opponent is a very simple concept, which should be drilled into players from a very young age, but it's surprising how often players forget to do it.

I love this kid already.

Reaction Score
One small but significant thing I noticed yesterday that I haven't seen mentioned:

When a shot went up and Shade was near the basket she didn't turn to the basket. She looked around for the nearest opposing player, and even if that player was several feet further from the basket, Shade would go out and put a body on her. Getting a body on an opponent is a very simple concept, which should be drilled into players from a very young age, but it's surprising how often players forget to do it.

I love this kid already.
Shade impressed me, also, with her leaping ability under the basket.

I believe Geno was saying something about her future when he put Shade in the post game interview with Aaliyah and Azzi-- that is elite company to be in after scoring only 8 points.

He sees something special in her that he wants to reward and that he wants other people to notice. Jeez, it was only her first collegiate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom