UConn Rutgers Thread... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Rutgers Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why on god's green earth do we have two centers in the game with neither of them posting up on a consistent basis?

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Agreed. That's why I asked where I was....thought it was another board.....
Rutgers games are always a grind. We are always out of our offensive flow because of the way Rutgers defends. There are some good things happening in the game, and we are winning.
Now I am going to go and refresh my cocktail at the next time out

I agree.. I know I was a little critical on Monday night, but this is getting to be a little too much to take.. How spoiled are we, huh?

Reaction Score
Keep pushing! Faris for Two!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Be interesting to see minutes played for Faris tonite - It seems less minutes even with Doty on the bench

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kelly should have taken the ball to the basket instead of passing to Tiff. Also Tiff didn't pass the ball back to Kelly who was wide open in the corner for a couple of seconds. No Rutgers player was around her.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I agree.. I know I was a little critical on Monday night, but this is getting to be a little too much to take.. How spoiled are we, huh?

It is hard to participate when all you see are complaints on the board, and no one seeing anything positive. We are going to win this game. The next game should be very good and the game I am interested in - avenging the loss to St Johns. I will cheer my Huskies on, good or bad.

Reaction Score
It is hard to participate when all you see are complaints on the board, and no one seeing anything positive. We are going to win this game. The next game should be very good and the game I am interested in - avenging the loss to St Johns. I will cheer my Huskies on, good or bad.
There have been positive posts (I wrote some!) but somehow the negative posts are, "louder"

Reaction Score
There have been positive posts (I wrote some!) but somehow the negative posts are, "louder"

Amd from "drive-by" posters, no less.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
nothing.

We won folks! I hope you aren't disappointed. :p

Reaction Score
Is there a reason Caroline's been benched?
I didn't watch the whole game, but Caroline had 3 quick fouls, all in the first half. When I saw her going to the bench I didn't think she would return because of her knee. Geno has said that it becomes painful if she doesn't keep playing.

Unless something else happened that I missed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Exactly why I didn't bother to come to the game thread. The negatives and whining has become overbearing.

We might need two game threads.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Guys, when you score 19 points in the second half and were on pace to score a lot less than that for much of the period, people are going to get anxious and negative. There's no reason to blow sunshine up anyone's rear end; that was an ugly game (and not just because it was Rutgers). It's just not good enough for UConn to get where they want to go in a few weeks. Yes, this is a transitional year, and yes, I've maintained that getting to the Final Four would be a tremendous accomplishment for this group, but it still is disappointing to see the team regressed from a month ago.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
True, Alex, but it is the ignorance of many of the comments or the obviousness that makes them unbearable. Yours are never the type I am talking about. Plus some days are simply tough enough without needing to add the whining.

Reaction Score
Exactly why I didn't bother to come to the game thread. The negatives and whining has become overbearing.

Ice, if people like you don't post, then the positive (or at least sane) comments get drowned in the negative. Especially on nights when many regular posters are at the game.

I'd hate to see us like the other board with the majority of posters either silent or in chat during games while the drive-by and/or hysterical posters take over the thread.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ice, if people like you don't post, then the positive (or at least sane) comments get drowned in the negative. Especially on nights when many regular posters are at the game.

I'd hate to see us like the other board with the majority of posters either silent or in chat during games while the drive-by and/or hysterical posters take over the thread.

I understand. I read it this morning and the thread wasn't bad until it bubbled over on about page 7. People making silly assertions about the attitude and team leadership drive me nuts. These are unprovable one way or the other but they become a complaint and focus because the team struggles periodically. What was ignored was the tremendous defense played holding RU to 34. The game was played with few possessions 49/45. It was destined to be low scoring. The negative trend has been we are not getting possessions in recent games but 49 was a low.

Reaction Score

I like this idea! Click here for positive remarks, click there for criticism. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom