UConn just might end up facing #1 ranked UL on Monday! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn just might end up facing #1 ranked UL on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

We played #1 unc in 2005. Don't remember if it was at the XL or gampel

Reaction Score

That would be correct...2005, #1 UNC at the XL. UCONN made a great run down the stretch, but ran out of time. UNC had lost earlier in the week to Duke, but was still ranked #1 when they came to Hartford.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=250440041

How could I forget that one??...awesome crowd.

Reaction Score
Kansas was #2.

I believe UConn has never played a #1 ranked team in Hartford.

I thought Kansas was ranked #1 at Hartford Rip's freshman year when he had to play some point as Ricky and Kirk were ruled ineligible prior...??

Also 89-90 season GTown would have been #1 if they had beaten UConn but were never officially 1 because the Huskies kicked their a**.....

Reaction Score
I thought Kansas was ranked #1 at Hartford Rip's freshman year when he had to play some point as Ricky and Kirk were ruled ineligible prior...??

Also 89-90 season GTown would have been #1 if they had beaten UConn but were never officially 1 because the Huskies kicked their a**.....

Yep...we determined both of these already Mau...You going tomorrow night???...I still owe you a round or two!!!

Reaction Score
Yep...we determined both of these already Mau...You going tomorrow night???...I still owe you a round or two!!!

No my son has a HS game so I am taping it and watching.........soon though.........I am going to the Dunk for the PC game and the Cincy game next month

I didn't read the whole thing duh:confused:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Upstater, UConn, with Hobbs beat the Ewing team at Mcdonough (sp?)

1982. The Hoyas biggest loss of the year. G'Town went on to lose by a point in the NC game. UConn went on to lose 7 out of their last 8 games. Perno should have been fired then and there. Instead, he got 4 more years to send the program even deeper into a hole. Just like P is doing to the football program now.

Reaction Score
No my son has a HS game so I am taping it and watching.........soon though.........I am going to the Dunk for the PC game and the Cincy game next month

I didn't read the whole thing duh:confused:

Cool...lets try to hook up before/after? the Cincy game...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've been watching Hardaway Jr. for the first time today and this kid reminds me of a freshman Jerome Dyson. Doesn't pass, takes contested shots, but moreover the team revolves around him. Don't really like him.

And I just saw a nasty alley-oop. Wow. Rudy Gay-esque.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does Michigan and Ohio State play really loose defense? So many gaps and holes on the floor in comparison to a Big East game.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
15 seconds left OSU up 2 their shooting FT's soon.

Reaction Score
With Dook losing today and the University Michigan having a tough road game tomorrow against #15 Ohio State, UL has a good chance of facing UConn as the #1 team.

Not saying we're going to beat UL, but it sure would be nice since we've been robbed of post season play, thanks to the NCAAs and our fellow BE members (morons for not having our back IMO...but that's another story).

I'm just so proud of this team. Unlike last year's team they seem to get along well and play their brains out every game. They might not win on Monday, but I have little doubt that they'll battle for a full 40 minutes.
Michigan loses!~

Reaction Score
I've been watching Hardaway Jr. for the first time today and this kid reminds me of a freshman Jerome Dyson. Doesn't pass, takes contested shots, but moreover the team revolves around him. Don't really like him.

And I just saw a nasty alley-oop. Wow. Rudy Gay-esque.
You need to watch him more he is nothing like dyson, he is the real deal. With staoukis in foul trouble and not being hit the broad side of the barn he tried to take over to much but that is not his normal play. Kid is really good

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You need to watch him more he is nothing like dyson, he is the real deal. With staoukis in foul trouble and not being hit the broad side of the barn he tried to take over to much but that is not his normal play. Kid is really good
And JD didn't try to do too much in his junior year but forced too his senior year.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ollie doesn't see obstacles, only Opportunities. He has to be FIRED up for Monday!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

I was in the student section for that game. One of the loudest and most exciting games ever! Probably louder than last year's Syracuse game at Gampel. I miss being a student :(

Reaction Score
Take it easy. If UofL is ranked Number One, it will be the first time ever during a regular season.

The odds of that are diminishing, lol.

Reaction Score
Take it easy. If UofL is ranked Number One, it will be the first time ever during a regular season.

The odds of that are diminishing, lol.

That's really hard to believe for a program like UL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom