UConn just might end up facing #1 ranked UL on Monday! | The Boneyard

UConn just might end up facing #1 ranked UL on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Dook losing today and the University Michigan having a tough road game tomorrow against #15 Ohio State, UL has a good chance of facing UConn as the #1 team.

Not saying we're going to beat UL, but it sure would be nice since we've been robbed of post season play, thanks to the NCAAs and our fellow BE members (morons for not having our back IMO...but that's another story).

I'm just so proud of this team. Unlike last year's team they seem to get along well and play their brains out every game. They might not win on Monday, but I have little doubt that they'll battle for a full 40 minutes.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'll be there cheering my ass off!!

Reaction Score
With Dook losing today and the University Michigan having a tough road game tomorrow against #15 Ohio State, UL has a good chance of facing UConn as the #1 team.

Not saying we're going to beat UL, but it sure would be nice since we've been robbed of post season play, thanks to the NCAAs and our fellow BE members (morons for not having our back IMO...but that's another story).

I'm just so proud of this team. Unlike last year's team they seem to get along well and play their brains out every game. They might not win on Monday, but I have little doubt that they'll battle for a full 40 minutes.
My hope is that they continue to play and beat the teams that they should beat while periodically putting it all together and surprising teams that may be somewhat better but either take us too lightly or are not playing their "A" game against us. A very surprising and positive year, up to date. I'm hopeful they continue to do what they have been and show the "true grit" that Kevin has imposed on them.

Reaction Score
I'll be there too representing UConn's 6th man! Today I along with the rest of the Chat Roomers were UConn's 7th man. ;)

Reaction Score
I will also be there. I really wish students were in session for this one, but the others will have to step up the noise!!!

Reaction Score
When was the last time a #1 team came to Hartford?? I know when we played Texas a few years ago they were 1 but it was at Gampel. Incredible atmosphere for that game. Loudest ive ever heard Gampel.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Hoping the momentum keeps DD and TO confident on the boards and we get a huge win.

If we lose (kind of expecting to), i just hope the team can bounce back and remember what they're capable of

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
When was the last time a #1 team came to Hartford?? I know when we played Texas a few years ago they were 1 but it was at Gampel. Incredible atmosphere for that game. Loudest ive ever heard Gampel.
May have been one I'm forgetting, but against #1 Kansas in 1997 was perhaps the loudest game I've attended.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
May have been one I'm forgetting, but against #1 Kansas in 1997 was perhaps the loudest game I've attended.

Kansas was #2.

I believe UConn has never played a #1 ranked team in Hartford.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Kansas was #2.

The closest that I can recall was in January 1990, when G'Town came to the Civic Center waiting to be acclaimed #1 - but a pesky UCONN dream team came of age (That was the Nadav - Mourning game)

Reaction Score
The closest that I can recall was in January 1990, when G'Town came to the Civic Center waiting to be acclaimed #1 - but a pesky UCONN dream team came of age (That was the Nadav - Mourning game)
That game was the loudest game I've been to at the Civic Center, I'll lose my voice tommorrow for sure. What was the crowd yelling at Mourning after he fouled Nadav? Was it a?

Reaction Score

What about Ewing's Hoyas? I seem to recall Hobbs leading UConn to a victory over them.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Man, I was going to go to the Louisville game too, but decided not to because all there were left were crappy nose bleed seats. Anyone have any closer seats at a decent price?

Reaction Score
#2 Michigan down 24-6 to Ohio St right now...

Reaction Score
Kansas was #2.

The closest we came was the Gtown game in 1990...The #2 Hoyas were ready to assume the #1 spot as #1 Kansas had already lost that afternoon...it was not to be... :)

Reaction Score
Man, I was going to go to the Louisville game too, but decided not to because all there were left were crappy nose bleed seats. Anyone have any closer seats at a decent price?

Oh sure...NOW everybody wants to see our Huskies!!! ;)

It'll be interesting to see how much some of these seats go for. The two XL Center seats next to me the last few seasons constantly ended up on Stub Hub. I always end up chatting with whomever sits there and for the recent TN, WVU and G-Town games they went for over $150 ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom