2023 Recruiting: - UConn interest in St. John's David Jones | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: UConn interest in St. John's David Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I saw that game and agree about Anderson. All he was saying was "we need to rebound" or "we need to get some fast breaks", whereas Miller was way more detailed.
Look how many of the good and great coaches were point guards. They’re the quarterbacks on the floor. John Wooden. Coach K. The Hurleys. Larry Brown. Lenny Wilkens. Miller. Some were exceptional players and some weren’t, but many go on to become really good coaches. I’m glad a certain former Seton Hall point guard is in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Jones has a stronger case due to Pitino publicly stating that he essentially asked him to leave. The waiver guidelines state "no participation opportunity at previous institution" as grounds for a second-time transfer to be immediately eligible. It should be pretty easy to argue for Jones
In the updated rules transfers citing lack of opportunity will be denied.

It‘s also pretty obvious schools believe it will be hard for him to get a waiver. I’m not a huge fan of his game, but he‘s way too good a player to be in the portal for a month with minimal activity if he’s going to be able to play in the fall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the updated rules transfers citing lack of opportunity will be denied.
What does it say about the coach telling you to get lost?

Reaction Score
What does it say about the coach telling you to get lost?
Lack of opportunity is the nice way of saying the coach told you to get lost.

It‘s like in corporate America where they fire people but call it reduction in force so they can pretend they’re not balloon knots.

Reaction Score
Looks like we’re out of David Jones:

At least we’ve got Aaron Jones returning!

UConn is out? What makes you say that? Is it because UConn isn’t mentioned in the tweet above? Did David make a visit to UConn and will he if he hasn’t yet?

Reaction Score
The David Jones thing never felt real. Felt like the recruits that list teams in their top 5 that aren't actually recruiting them.

Reaction Score
Look how many of the good and great coaches were point guards. They’re the quarterbacks on the floor. John Wooden. Coach K. The Hurleys. Larry Brown. Lenny Wilkens. Miller. Some were exceptional players and some weren’t, but many go on to become really good coaches. I’m glad a certain former Seton Hall point guard is in Storrs.
Don't forget Rick Pitino. He was a point guard for UMass-Amherst in the early 1970's.

Reaction Score
Might as well make it UConn relevant with Tommy Penders, Steve Pikell, and Kevin Ollie, (ducks for cover), Dennis Wolf, Karl Hobbs ....

Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about AAC POY, but congrats to him! Hopefully he can help them make another run at the tournament next season

Reaction Score
Says a lot about the American Athletic Conference
The AAC is a borderline low major conference now that they lost Houston and Cincy. Not much competition beyond FAU now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom