UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1 | The Boneyard

UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the ACC endgame thread I had a feeling Swofford would push to go 16 right away after getting rejected by ND. UConn/Ville/Cincy makes the most sense and all three would clearly jump in a heartbeat to do it. That would appease the footballers and at least with UConn, the academics would remain strong.
The ACC would hold their nose over Ville and Cincy and hope they improve over time academically.

Reaction Score
From Blaudschun at a www.ajerseyguy.com

"The Huskies, who have been vetted so to speak, are again in the forefront and would seem to be the leader right now in a one team expansion and a mortal lock in a multi-team expansion plan."

"would seem to be"

Reaction Score
The problem is none of those three would keep Amy current members from leaving. ND joining the ACC full time would put a screeching halt to Amy acc team looking to leave.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The problem is none of those three would keep Amy current members from leaving. ND joining the ACC full time would put a screeching halt to Amy acc team looking to leave.
Who's Amy?

Reaction Score
looks like we wont know anything until Monday. Hope our football plays a good game Saturday

Reaction Score

Who's this Amy chick?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Would seem to be = wild guess.

Sorry, but this isn't proof that we are getting into a major conference. Our fight to get into a power conference goes continues.

Reaction Score
If anyone really believes we will be left out has not been paying attention. This guy has it 100% right . I would change forefront to done deal unless B1G comes calling.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I THINK we'll get into a major conference, but those of you who are 100% confident, though saving yourself stress for now, may be in for a brutal crash.

Reaction Score
Of course it's speculation. He doesn't quote anyone. Hell, even if an ACC President actually told him "forefront", it doesn't mean you're going to get picked in the end.

But it is nice to hear something positive about our possible standing in Blaudschun piece after we've been getting drilled in the media and blogosphere for the past 48 hours. Who knows how clued in he is, but he's at least one of the first ones to report when their meetings are so he is getting some kind of glimpse into the inner workings.

Reaction Score
In the ACC endgame thread I had a feeling Swofford would push to go 16 right away after getting rejected by ND. UConn/Ville/Cincy makes the most sense and all three would clearly jump in a heartbeat to do it. That would appease the footballers and at least with UConn, the academics would remain strong.
The ACC would hold their nose over Ville and Cincy and hope they improve over time academically.

The ACC could not make this jump so quickly. If they lose Florida with FSU and Clemson defections, they have to save a space for USF.

Reaction Score
Blaudschun is getting it from BC. That's all you need to know.

Reaction Score
The ACC could not make this jump so quickly. If they lose Florida with FSU and Clemson defections, they have to save a space for USF.
Hmmm.....so perhaps they pick UConn first, tell Ville to hold tight.
Then if FSU gets picked off, they pick Ville and USF (If Ville hasn't been picked off by Big 12?)

Just an FYI, but USF is 170 in the USN&WR. I know, I know it's not the end-all-be-all, but the ACC does pimp it to the public when bragging about the academic standing of their conference. Ville and Cincy are ranked higher, but not by much.

Reaction Score
25 years @ the Globe leads to decent sources (nationally and in the ACC/BC).. The other side is that he seems to throw a lot of spaghetti against the wall trying to figure out when it's done.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Blauds is also one of the few media members who is really close with Jim Calhoun. If anyone in the media was going to push UConn's case, he'd be the guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Blaudschun just tweeted that the ACC just held a conference call regarding expansion, doubt will hear any news until after thanksgiving

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hmmm.....so perhaps they pick UConn first, tell Ville to hold tight.
Then if FSU gets picked off, they pick Ville and USF (If Ville hasn't been picked off by Big 12?)

If FSU is gone, would they be less inclined to invite FSU? It'd basically be a move to appease Clemson and only Clemson (I don't think VA politics could allow a VT-UVA split)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Great point. Now, the question is, if BC can change, and UConn can change, MAYBE WE ALL CAN CHANGE.
What are you drinking tonight?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
25 years @ the Globe leads to decent sources (nationally and in the ACC/BC).. The other side is that he seems to throw a lot of spaghetti against the wall trying to figure out when it's done.
Some of the realignment speculation by sports reporters seems to be driven by a desire to get page hits. Realignment is like crack for a lot of us.

Reaction Score
As it's been said 5 million times, Hartford-New Haven alone is the largest market without a pro sports team. UConn transcends that market anyway. Nothing to even worry about. We're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom