UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
And I would definitely be full on spiteful about players and the media availability. If anything I'd have them doing phone interviews from their hotel rooms at the exact same time their media availability is scheduled for in-person interviews. Have DH and the AD show up in person. Everyone else is via phone.
I think the AD has a conflict with a job interview.

Reaction Score
You people act like you’ve never flown before. This happens all the time. It’s happened to me where weather was fine at my airport but conditions elsewhere caused a chain reaction of delays and flight crew shifts expiring such that the airline isn’t able to immediately staff a flight, and thus need to wait until another staff can come on the clock. Every airline isn’t paying on-call staff to just wait around in case some event like this happens.

And when it happens, you don’t think to yourself I SHOULD’VE FLOWN YESTERDAY. It’s the crummy reality of the randomness of flying.
Happened to me last year when flying into Houston for the Final 4. Woke up to a message that our flight was canceled due to a late season blizzard at MSP. We ended up getting rerouted to Salt Lake and arrived at NRG Stadium during the first media timeout of the UConn/Miami game.

It's easy to say then that we should have flown out Friday. We should have arrived 5 hours before the FAU/SDSU game but things happen when you fly.

Reaction Score
Annnnnd here we go.
It's a two game tourney now guys.
Just take it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Some of these takes from people talking about, "oh my business trip or oh my vacation plans" are hilarious. There are multiple people paid, I'm sure a lot of money who deal with logistics for these types of events. To say that oh you can't anticipate weather or no contingency for stuff like this is funny. The rules on pilots/flight crew timing out wasn't invented yesterday. It's been a thing for a long time.

Reaction Score
We’re coming and hell is coming with us.

You think the other teams want a pissed off Hurley with his routine all out of wack?
He’s going to have them rolling like a wrecking ball.

All will fall to the wrecking ball

Reaction Score
Phoenix is a 2 hour time difference, not 3. It’s mountain time. FYI.
phoenix is currently on Pacific time. I think it’s due to not participating in daylight savings. It’s confusing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Knowing the NCAA, they cancelled last night's reservation to save money and hotel check-in is not until 3 PM. Just kidding, I hope!

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned with the guys who are fasting (Diarra, Samson) because first of all, a 3 hour time difference is hard enough on the body clock, but now they were up all night which is messing with their routine. Today is going to be a tough day for them while they adjust

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned with the guys who are fasting (Diarra, Samson) because first of all, a 3 hour time difference is hard enough on the body clock, but now they were up all night which is messing with their routine. Today is going to be a tough day for them while they adjust
I believe tip is scheduled right around sunset on Saturday. Hopefully first game runs late and they can get some real food in them before the start.

Reaction Score
I believe tip is scheduled right around sunset on Saturday. Hopefully first game runs late and they can get some real food in them before the start.
Tip off is at 5:49pm local time and sunset isn't until 6:52pm local time. So likely at halftime they'll be able to refuel but these next 2 days are going to be rough for them while they adjust to the time change

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No offense, but you probably don’t have an appointment to be on the national stage watched my 90,000 people live, with tens of millions of people watching on TV and reported by every media company on the country. We needed a back up plan and had none that was adequate. Preparation is key.
Dave Benedict and his staff at their best!!!!
He is ridiculously inept at times.

Reaction Score
You people act like you’ve never flown before. This happens all the time. It’s happened to me where weather was fine at my airport but conditions elsewhere caused a chain reaction of delays and flight crew shifts expiring such that the airline isn’t able to immediately staff a flight, and thus need to wait until another staff can come on the clock. Every airline isn’t paying on-call staff to just wait around in case some event like this happens.

And when it happens, you don’t think to yourself I SHOULD’VE FLOWN YESTERDAY. It’s the crummy reality of the randomness of flying.
This post makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Does UConn not have someone who's job is to coordinate travel with the NCAA and ensure our best interests are considered? Does that person not know the horrors of airplane travel these days and didn't lobby for us to be booked out a day before like everyone else because NE weather sucks? Very lucky they got out before the storm. Could've been a real disaster.

NCAA doesn't care if we are well situated or not. Our AD needs to have oversight on all of these preparations.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All I know is that these pressers are going to be fun whenever they happen today

Reaction Score
Does UConn not have someone who's job is to coordinate travel with the NCAA and ensure our best interests are considered? Does that person not know the horrors of airplane travel these days and didn't lobby for us to be booked out a day before like everyone else because NE weather sucks? Very lucky they got out before the storm. Could've been a real disaster.

NCAA doesn't care if we are well situated or not. Our AD needs to have oversight on all of these preparations.
Assuming it’s factual as I’ve seen it mentioned in a few spots but we’ll see if come out sourced in some other form today

Reaction Score
Why were Purdue and Alabama teams there Tuesday and the team with the longest flight that had weather issues know well in advanced schedules to leave Thursday night?
Because it’s obviously a big conspiracy.
No offense, because the same applies to me, but having a contingency to land a day earlier for a meaningless business trip or vacation isn't the same as playing for a national championship when your travel accomodations are backed by a billion dollar organization.
What was the NCAA supposed to do exactly? How were they to arrange a “backup” plan, and what would that backup plan be? What would the logistics be for that backup plan?

Reaction Score
Dan should show up alone and give the media the Bennett Brauer treatment. "We are an "Independent in football." We aren't "grandfathered in as a power 5." We don't "bring useless cable boxes." Our football team is at a disadvantage because we don't have a "big espn media deal even though we are a huge brand but not in a conference with Ohio State." Our basketball team is "an avalanche, a wagon and a machine all rolled into one.""

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom