UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCONN Doesn’t Have a Plane to Get to Phoenix (Merged Thread)

Reaction Score
Now it makes more sense Hurley wanted that extra practice and guess what spit happens. Their schedule won’t be thrown off.

Reaction Score
If Hurley chose to leave Wed, that was a poor choice on his part. But that doesn't explain why the NCAA didn't have contingency plans for disrupted travel. Leaving 7.5 hrs later than scheduled shouldn't have happened.

Reaction Score
Expound
Everyone knows what a nightmare air travel is the last few years. That's why they should've made sure they had a plane on location and flown out early Tuesday instead of relying on flying out Wednesday night on a plane that had to make connections during terrible weather with flight crews who aren't even allowed to make the trip.

This type of stuff is usually unavoidable for the regular flyer, all of this should've been worked out between UConn and the NCAA so last night/this morning scenario doesn't happen.

Reaction Score
Everyone knows what a nightmare air travel is the last few years. That's why they should've made sure they had a plane on location and flown out early Tuesday instead of relying on flying out Wednesday night on a plane that had to make connections during terrible weather with flight crews who aren't even allowed to make the trip.

This type of stuff is usually unavoidable for the regular flyer, all of this should've been worked out between UConn and the NCAA so last night/this morning scenario doesn't happen.

So when Hurley says he intentionally chose to leave on Wednesday for the extra day of practice in Storrs you are saying that is the wrong decision for this basketball team?

Reaction Score
Well as it turns out, DH kept us here of his own accord.
How?

Reaction Score
So when Hurley says he intentionally chose to leave on Wednesday for the extra day of practice in Storrs you are saying that is the wrong decision for this basketball team?
Perhaps not wrong, but risky.

Reaction Score

How?
By having a plane on location with a crew who can fly it early on Tuesday instead of relying on a plane making connections in terrible weather on Wednesday night who can't even fly it because of FAA hour regulations.

Of course it's a fark up by UConn and the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Yes, when you don't have a plane available with a crew who can fly it.

If you know your plane is sitting there waiting for you with a crew who can fly it, leave whenever you want if you know the weather is going to be fine.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tip off is at 5:49pm local time and sunset isn't until 6:52pm local time. So likely at halftime they'll be able to refuel but these next 2 days are going to be rough for them while they adjust to the time change
They did get extra time to hydrate and eat due to the delay

Reaction Score
By having a plane on location with a crew who can fly it early on Tuesday instead of relying on a plane making connections in terrible weather on Wednesday night who can't even fly it because of FAA hour regulations.

Of course it's a fark up by UConn and the NCAA.
How are they supposed to do that? How exactly does that work? What flight crew was going to be paid to sit on their hands to potentially do nothing, and what plane was going to be bought and reserved by the NCAA? Do you have a concrete example of the NCAA or professional having done this before?

Reaction Score
They are there, during the season the team will get back sometimes at 2-3 in the morning on a weekday having classes that same morning. They will be fine their routine won’t change. Let’s move on,quit being drama queens.

Now the airline industry that’s a whole different discussion.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The ncaa should have 4 planes on standby for the teams regardless of the day they choose to leave. Also, have a backup plan for when like this happens

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They’ll be good. They’re not fat drunks who can’t walk up a flight of stairs without wheezing like us. Kids go out binge drinking for 12 hours without sleep and do it again the following day

Reaction Score
You people act like you’ve never flown before. This happens all the time. It’s happened to me where weather was fine at my airport but conditions elsewhere caused a chain reaction of delays and flight crew shifts expiring such that the airline isn’t able to immediately staff a flight, and thus need to wait until another staff can come on the clock. Every airline isn’t paying on-call staff to just wait around in case some event like this happens.

And when it happens, you don’t think to yourself I SHOULD’VE FLOWN YESTERDAY. It’s the crummy reality of the randomness of flying.

The were not flying on a scheduled carrier.

Reaction Score
How are they supposed to do that? How exactly does that work? What flight crew was going to be paid to sit on their hands to potentially do nothing, and what plane was going to be bought and reserved by the NCAA? Do you have a concrete example of the NCAA or professional having done this before?
There's an unbelievable amount of money involved in all this. They should have planes waiting to fly their final 4 teams on time and UConn should make sure they are flown out on time. Not flying ultra low budget small planes in the middle of the night/morning that can't fit everyone.

This shouldn't be like you or me flying on our own time/dime.

Reaction Score
There's an unbelievable amount of money involved in all this. They should have planes waiting to fly their final 4 teams on time and UConn should make sure they are flown out on time. Not flying ultra low budget small planes in the middle of the night/morning that can't fit everyone.

This shouldn't be like you or me flying on our own time/dime.
Again, please provide me with a concrete example of the NCAA or professional team who paid to have an extra plane waiting and an extra flight crew waiting.

You haven’t answered my questions so I assume you don’t have an actual answer. It’s just “should have…” with no actual thought of the logistics involved in what you want.

Reaction Score
If you're 7'-0" tall and flying red-eye on a crappy little plane with potential for turbulence in a storm, that can be an unenjoyable experience.

Did the portable washer get carried on? Danny might need it sooner than later.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Welp, that negates most of our outrage here. But it does beg the question…”is hindsight really 20/20?”

Reaction Score
Again, please provide me with a concrete example of the NCAA or professional team who paid to have an extra plane waiting and an extra flight crew waiting.

You haven’t answered my questions so I assume you don’t have an actual answer. It’s just “should have…” with no actual thought of the logistics involved in what you want.
I don't even know what your question is. They have private planes which are ready to fly them to the next city they play their games in. It's why professional sports schedules run smoothly and they aren't canceling games because the visiting team doesn't show up.

Reaction Score
The NCAA should provide NBA level custom legroom planes both ways with as much money as they make on March Madness. NIL doesn’t make up for what money is generated on tv for the players.

Reaction Score
I don't even know what your question is. They have private planes which are ready to fly them to the next city they play their games in. It's why professional sports schedules run smoothly and they aren't canceling games because the visiting team doesn't show up.
What private planes does the NCAA own? What flight crews do they employ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom