UConn Coppin State thoughts | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Coppin State thoughts

Reaction Score
laugh it up but the fans sitting at home not buying tickets dont think it's funny. guaranteed better turnout against yale or vermont or GW etc then coppin state or binghampton etc. and the games themselves wouldnt be jokes.
CCSU was a sellout
Coppin St had a pretty decent turnout

Fans are not going to care if we go down to Atlantis and beat Auburn. In 3 weeks no one will even care to remember whether we played Coppin star or GW. NO ONE

Reaction Score
CCSU was a sellout
Coppin St had a pretty decent turnout

Fans are not going to care if we go down to Atlantis and beat Auburn. In 3 weeks no one will even care to remember whether we played Coppin star or GW. NO ONE
1. the first game on campus should be a sell out no matter what and for a sub 300 team ccsu still makes enough sense as a local program with a high degree of familiarity
2. coppin had terrible turnout
3. do you have short term memory loss or something? ticket sales are ticket sales. the revenue adds up it's not forgotten.

Reaction Score
1. the first game on campus should be a sell out no matter what and for a sub 300 team ccsu still makes enough sense as a local program with a high degree of familiarity
2. coppin had terrible turnout
3. do you have short term memory loss or something? ticket sales are ticket sales. the revenue gets added together it's not forgotten.
I don’t have short term memory. I was there. It was a decent turnout for an early season mid major contest on a Football Sunday afternoon. We’re going to sell tickets. Idk why you think so many more fans are turning out for GW. Lmfaoo. Your out of your mind. You’re talking about casuals. If you want ticket sales, schedule Florida, Memphis, Cuse, Louisville, not GW. Stop making me laugh. The argument keeps changing. Is it ticket sales, or preparing us for better competition? What is it?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't care. It's splitting hairs. I don't think a teams season and/or potential is affected by playing slightly better cupcakes. If the argument is playing AAC or A10 teams then cool, as long as it isn't a H/H. The only part of this argument that makes any sense to me is the desire to play some of the other big boys around the country. That benefits our experience and our profile. Arguing between Dartmouth and Coppin State is hilarious to me, and I think we're just bored
I don't know what to tell you then. If you don't see the difference between those two scenarios, then you can't be reasoned with. I do agree, though, with your intimation that this whole topic isn't a huge deal. You're still wrong, though :)

Reaction Score
I don't know what to tell you then. If you don't see the difference between those two scenarios, then you can't be reasoned with. I do agree, though, with your intimation that this whole topic isn't a huge deal. You're still wrong, though :)
I don't think we disagree. I just don't see that there is a big enough risk/reward factor to actually call this an issue. If we didn't have St Bonnies and Battle4Atlantis coming up i'd agree. But we could legitimately end the year with a bunch of impressive wins. WAY more than enough with the big east schedule coming up. This was more of an issue in the AAC. Why tie up our H/H's with AAC/A10 level teams? What's really the difference between CCSU/Coppin and GW/Dartmouth. It's literally splitting hairs. And i've contributed to like 3 pages of it lol. They all suck, and we'd beat them all comfortably. Just enjoy the wins, and look forward to the marquee games.

Reaction Score
both, with one usually a direct result of the other. changing my argument lol ok.

PS- 90% of fans are casual. not smart to pretend they dont matter.
And casuals don't show up for GW and Yale.

Reaction Score
I don't think we disagree. I just don't see that there is a big enough risk/reward factor to actually call this an issue. If we didn't have St Bonnies and Battle4Atlantis coming up i'd agree. But we could legitimately end the year with a bunch of impressive wins. WAY more than enough with the big east schedule coming up. This was more of an issue in the AAC. Why tie up our H/H's with AAC/A10 level teams? What's really the difference between CCSU/Coppin and GW/Dartmouth. It's literally splitting hairs. And i've contributed to like 3 pages of it lol. They all suck, and we'd beat them all comfortably. Just enjoy the wins, and look forward to the marquee games.
It's going to cost us a seed line in March. Is it the end of the world, no. But when the committee is sitting down in March looking at our resume these games are the difference between having an RPI of 20 vs 25. Doesn't matter how much we win by, these games against 350+ teams are pretty much locked in as a negative impact to the advanced metrics

Reaction Score
And casuals don't show up for GW and Yale.
well then on behalf of all the casuals let me inform you that more of us would. we actually know people that went to yale and GW and might even get a group of alums together to attend. i have friends/family for which both is true and i'm positive the same would broadly apply for umass and vermont and northeastern etc etc etc

but you're too scared to play big bad bryant university and dont think the minuscule risk of losing is worth the extra competition and ticket sales

i had never even heard of UMES until i looked at the schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's going to cost us a seed line in March. Is it the end of the world, no. But when the committee is sitting down in March looking at our resume these games are the difference between having an RPI of 20 vs 25. Doesn't matter how much we win by, these games against 350+ teams are pretty much locked in as a negative impact to the advanced metrics
You will have no way of knowing if it cost us a seed line. You don't even know if these teams will finish where they are now. Yale, Dartmouth, and GW may very well end up being comfortably in the 300 range. It's why splitting hairs with teams that suck is dumb.

Reaction Score
well then on behalf of all the casuals let me inform you that more of us would. we actually know people that went to yale and GW and might even get a group of alums together to attend. i actually have family members of which both is true. same could be said for umass and vermont and bryant and northeastern etc etc etc

i had never even heard of UMES until i looked at the schedule.
Okay this is getting dumb. For UConn vs Coppin State around10,000 fans were in attendance. It was about 2/3 of the way full. How many more fans do you think would've turned up for Yale, Vermont, or Bryant? MAYBE 1,000? What exactly are we talking about?

Vermont: In 2010 after our final 4 run, exactly 600 more people showed up for Vermont than who showed up for Coppin St

Bryant: In 2014 after our national championship year and season opener around 400 more people showed up than vs coppin state

Yale: In 2014 year after our championship around 200 less people showed up (lmao)

UMass: In 2004 at the height of our powers, year after our 2nd championship 600 LESS PEOPLE! Showed up than vs Coppin St

Add On: I purposefully chose the years after some of our most exciting and successful seasons. Just to show how baseless your claim is. I can't wait to show you some of our non conference schedules during our championship years

I REST MY CASE

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I REST MY CASE
thank you for proving my point and apparently not realizing it....

we would have 1) played 3 or 4 significantly better cupcakes while 2) attracting more fans. that's a win-win and exactly what i've been advocating for. not sure why you're incapable of appreciating the difference but...

CASE CLOSED

Reaction Score
thank you for proving my point and apparently not realizing it....

we would have 1) played 3 or 4 significantly better cupcakes while 2) attracting more fans. that's a win-win and exactly what i've been advocating for. not sure why you're incapable of appreciating the difference but...

CASE CLOSED
200-400 fans is not a difference. Have you ever actually been to a live sporting event? And the fact that you think I proved your point...GOOD LORD

Reaction Score
200-400 fans is not a difference. Have you ever actually been to a live sporting event? And the fact that you think I proved your point...GOOD LORD
you forgot about the better competition aspect of the argument...that 3 or 4 significantly better cupcakes ranked ~100 spots higher in kenpom. good lord indeed.

Reaction Score
you forgot about the better competition aspect of the argument...that 3 or 4 significantly better cupcakes ranked ~100 spots higher in kenpom. good lord in deed youre bad at this.
1.) That wasn't the argument I was attacking. You have to catch up. I responded to a post of you claiming more fans care about those teams. I proved without a doubt that it isnt true.
2.) In early November you have ZERO ideas where these teams will end up in Kenpom. It's a crap shoot. Unless you can see into the future.

Reaction Score
You will have no way of knowing if it cost us a seed line. You don't even know if these teams will finish where they are now. Yale, Dartmouth, and GW may very well end up being comfortably in the 300 range. It's why splitting hairs with teams that suck is dumb.
You're right, Yale, Dartmouth, GW could end up being ranked worse than CCSU and UMES and be ranked 350+. UConn could also lose every game the rest of the season, the NCAA could punish UNC for cheating, and I could be named starting striker for the US World Cup team. But some things we can with certainty are likely to happen

Reaction Score
1.) That wasn't the argument I was attacking. You have to catch up. I responded to a post of you claiming more fans care about those teams. I proved without a doubt that it isnt true.
2.) In early November you have ZERO ideas where these teams will end up in Kenpom. It's a crap shoot. Unless you can see into the future
but... you did prove my points: 1) more fans would have shown up (doesnt matter how many hundreds more you can't argue w/ math); and 2) we would have played better teams. it's called scouting. when setting the schedule the coaches can say with confidence that GW is going to be a lot better than UMES a year out. i shoulda blocked you last year when i realized you were the most insufferable debater on this board.

Reaction Score
but... you did prove my points: 1) more fans would have shown up (doesnt matter how many hundreds more you can't argue w/ math); and 2) we would have played better teams. it's called scouting. when setting the schedule the coaches can say with confidence that GW is going to be a lot better than UMES a year out. i shoulda blocked you last year when i realized you were the most insufferable debater on this board.
You didn't read my post. More fans did not show up for every game I listed.Knowing the difference between "Less" and "More" is a Kindergarten skill. You're being a dunce. And please do so. You add absolutely ZERO to my boneyard experience.

Reaction Score
in the aggregate they did
That goal post must be real light with the way you just keep moving it. Lmao. But i'm done. Oh and Don't forget to block me

Reaction Score
When we go 30 and 1 it’s going to be hard not to give us a 1 seed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This thread: It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Well more than one idiot obviously. The good news is, this is what happens when we don't have any real issues to bitch about, like losing to Wagner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom