Men - UConn @ California Baptist University Lancers (Friday 3/15/23 *1138p* EDT, Saturday 3/16/24 @8p EDT & Sunday 3/17/24 @5p EDT) Sat./Sun. on ESPN+/Mixlr | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ California Baptist University Lancers (Friday 3/15/23 *1138p* EDT, Saturday 3/16/24 @8p EDT & Sunday 3/17/24 @5p EDT) Sat./Sun. on ESPN+/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
B6 Ellisen in to pitch. Walks the first hitter, bunted to second. He’s still there with 2 outs. Ellisen gets the K to end the inning. Nice job. Heading to T7 still 3-1 bad guys. 1 run 2 hits for us so far.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We escape unscathed. 3-1 bad guys going to the 7th, might want to hit the ball.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Garbo with a hit to start the 7th. Padilla hitting. He lines one…runners on first and third for the Huskies. Malcom pinch hitting. Malcom strikes out. Shpur fouls out. Up to Daniels to get us a run. Daniels strikes out and a 2 on no out chance goes by the boards. Still 3-1 heading to b7.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
ACDC is Back in Black in between innings. Ellisen back in to pitch. Quick flyball for the first out. 0-2. Count goes to 3-2 but Ellisen getsthe K. 2 down. He gets another K for the 1,2,3 inning. Time to hit boys. Still 3-1 bad guys.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Good swing for PT, but a loud out. Studley hitting 0 for his last 10 and he Ks. Broadhurst grounds out to end the inning. 3-1 heading B8

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Carrea in to pitch for UConn. CJ still rocking. Bats are not. Walk to lead off the inning. Cinnella in to pitch with one down and a runner on 1st. Runner goes and it’s a hit up the middle. Runners on the corners for The Baptists. One down. Squeeze play makes it 4-1 Cal Baptist. Lead off walk hurts us. Pitching change incoming. Mayer in to pitch. Music is intelligible to this old man right now. Top of the order for Cal Baptist. Base hit makes it 5-1. I’m sad and I need some sleep.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Freshman Charlie West in to pitch with runners on 1st and 2nd. Uconn down 4. Just one run on four hits for the Huskies. A walk fills the bases and Coach P will kill me with another pitching change. It’ll be Ian Cooke. The guys who’s shirt my wife bought me for my Birthday. Can’t wait to wear it at the ballpark. Soon. We will eventually have a home game. Bases clearing double breaks it open. 8-1 Cal Baptist and we get the final out. Finally. I still love my huskies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn 2-14 tonight with runners on base. Make that 2-15. No one hitting over .300 with runners in scoring position this year. Haven’t won a weekend game since Auburn. Malcom our last chance And he Ks to end it. Cal Baptist 8 UConn 1. Goodnight. Another great call by CJ.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UConn 2-14 tonight with runners on base. Make that 2-15. No one hitting over .300 with runners in scoring position this year. Haven’t won a weekend game since Auburn. Malcom our last chance And he Ks to end it. Cal Baptist 8 UConn 1. Goodnight. Another great call by CJ.
Hate the outcome, but greatly appreciate your effort that allowed me to wake up and read this horror story. Are you at least in the West Coast?

Reaction Score
Dalena got a chance to play last night, but had 2 strikeouts with his plate appearances before coming out of the game.

I have to admit I was a bit worried about Dalena after the poor summer he had playing for the Mystic Schooners.

Reaction Score
Dalena got a chance to play last night, but had 2 strikeouts with his plate appearances before coming out of the game.

I have to admit I was a bit worried about Dalena after the poor summer he had playing for the Mystic Schooners.
I think Dalena being in the lineup should be done. Perhaps TC gets another look somewhere to see if he can get going, otherwise, why not play ur best 9 and shuffle em around if necessary. Tax ur more trusted arms, within reason, until the team is in a better spot. I think it’s getting late, early approach, to seeing what u have may have to wait u til conference play.

I’ll be the first to admit, as a BE Conf basher (for baseball), the conference certainly looks much improved. But probably still weaker then most of the non conf schedule teams. The Rutgers series will probably weigh heavily for both teams. Going into that wknd with some continuity will only help.

Reaction Score
I think Dalena being in the lineup should be done. Perhaps TC gets another look somewhere to see if he can get going, otherwise, why not play ur best 9 and shuffle em around if necessary. Tax ur more trusted arms, within reason, until the team is in a better spot. I think it’s getting late, early approach, to seeing what u have may have to wait u til conference play.

I’ll be the first to admit, as a BE Conf basher (for baseball), the conference certainly looks much improved. But probably still weaker then most of the non conf schedule teams. The Rutgers series will probably weigh heavily for both teams. Going into that wknd with some continuity will only help.

Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if Dalena and Simmons occasionally get into the starting lineup as the season goes along. However, for Dalena to be in the lineup at this point, he would probably either be either at 1B or D.H. For him to play at those positions, it would likely mean that either Broadhurst, Malcom, or Garbowski would not play in a particular game. Of course, it's always possible that Broadhurst could end up playing a game at 3B, but it hasn't happened yet, we don't know if the coaching staff will ever make this move, even though Broadhurst played some at 3B during fall ball the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, with 1 out, UConn puts runners on the corners. Morton with an RBI fielders choice bunt, 1-0 UConn, going to the bottom of the inning, leaving 2 runners on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom