UCONN - BC Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UCONN - BC Game Thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
waiting for the very moment we start trailing. so like every game by 3 minutes in, for the last 6 years?

Sure, if you say so.

Feel free to look at this thread and tell me when you, Sweet, and a couple others popped onto the scene. Its funny how you all wait until the outcome is safely a loss, because you don't want to embarrass yourselves by saying the nonsense in a game we can still win. Its like clockwork...

Reaction Score
So Dixon going to get nailed for domestic violence - is that’s what you are saying? Just kidding. Great kid from New London -hopefully Edsall can keep similar guys home going forward - but there won’t be many that good.

Who is Dixon?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How is that Bull crap? Enlighten us..

Your criticism of the players' character and effort is just complete baloney. I'm sick and tired of miserable, balding middle-aged insurance salesmen lounging on their couches spreading lies about the players' attitudes. Sickening.

Reaction Score
We're getting outplayed by a much better team tonight. Maybe we could have kept it close with some better blocking and without the screwups like guys running into each other or dropping TD's but Pindell has taken some hits and hasn't quit. He'll get better if we can get better as a team.

Reaction Score
This is disheartening to the core. So hard being a UConn football fan. I just don't see much improvement late into this season. Uncharacteristic of an Edsall team.
I actually disagree, remember how last year ended. Think of the small groups of decent play this team has had, and with younger players. Not saying its great, but I cant imagine where we would be if Diaco was still in charge

Reaction Score
Your criticism of the players' character and effort is just complete baloney. I'm sick and tired of miserable, balding middle-aged insurance salesmen lounging on their couches spreading lies about the players' attitudes. Sickening.

I'm not balding... though i guess early 30's is mid life. Any how where is your proof that they are playing hard and you're assuming I don't know what I'm talking about with players attitudes...

Reaction Score
How are so many people not familiar with the quality of BC's team last year...you would think they were supposed to be Little Sisters of the poor given the commentary here.
Not talking about BC. I'm talking about indicators of improvement that we can control.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm not balding... though i guess early 30's is mid life. Any how where is your proof that they are playing hard and your assuming I don't know what I'm talking about with players attitudes...

Because it's true - you don't know what you're talking about.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Our players have not quit. That is evident. Stair is right.

Reaction Score
Sure, if you say so.

Feel free to look at this thread and tell me when you, Sweet, and a couple others popped onto the scene. Its funny how you all wait until the outcome is safely a loss, because you don't want to embarrass yourselves by saying the nonsense in a game we can still win. Its like clockwork...
I don't think I have posted on here in over a year smarty pants

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not talking about BC. I'm talking about indicators of improvement that we can control.

Improvement is nearly impossible to be gauged against this level of competition.

Reaction Score
I actually disagree, remember how last year ended. Think of the small groups of decent play this team has had, and with younger players. Not saying its great, but I cant imagine where we would be if Diaco was still in charge
It's better than Diaco no doubt. I'm
Talking about season growth.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Our players have not quit. That is evident. Stair is right.

Did you really say Pindell was worse than D. Williams earlier? You ought to be put in the time-out corner.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We're getting outplayed by a much better team tonight. Maybe we could have kept it close with some better blocking and without the screwups like guys running into each other or dropping TD's but Pindell has taken some hits and hasn't quit. He'll get better if we can get better as a team.

Edsall had already said it before: the current squad can win but the margin for error is almost zero. No turnovers. No missed tackles. No missed field goals. When you have a bunch of those things on the same night, you get scores like tonight.

The entire first quarter showed that we COULD do it. The rest of the game showed why we haven't consistently done it...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't think I have posted on here in over a year smarty pants

And you picked right now to do it. I would say that shows that I'm a VERY smarty pants, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Because it's true - you don't know what you're talking about.

Well since you said so I guess I'll take your word for it. I guess Buffalo and Tulane were just THAT good. I doubt the players cheered when PP was fired...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m not that mad. We don’t have the offensive line to compete. It all starts there. I think only Peart is assured of his job next year. Even the much praised Van Demark could lose his spot if he doesn’t make the next step in spring ball.

I don’t think we are being out coached at all in this game. We don’t have the talent at many positions around the field, but particularly we don’t have a 240 lb RB headed for the NFL.

This game might be even if we had Dillion.

Reaction Score
I'm not balding... though i guess early 30's is mid life. Any how where is your proof that they are playing hard and you're assuming I don't know what I'm talking about with players attitudes...
If early 30s is mid-life to you, my condolences.

Can't believe we lost this Dillon kid to BC. Now CT recruits (and Massachusetts recruits) get to see which school between the 2 has better support.

Reaction Score
And you picked right now to do it. I would say that shows that I'm a VERY smarty pants, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:
not really. By your theory I would be on here all the time because this program is terrible. Instead I sit inside of a stadium BEFORE kickoff and stay until the end.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
not really. By your theory I would be on here all the time because this program is terrible. Instead I sit inside of a stadium BEFORE kickoff and stay until the end.

Like I do as well, being a season ticket holder and all. But I'm not...a Jerk...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom