Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
UConn @ UCLA Tuesday March 12
Sweet that’s a must attend assuming they play 3 against USCB the prior weekend. UCLAs last couple recruiting classes have been outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Reaction Score
One heck of a spring break trip.

Well, people connected with UConn baseball have been talking about trying to upgrade the out of conference schedule for a few years now. Just got to hope that the teams on the schedule don't have their RPI's fall apart, something that has happened in recent years to teams that UConn has played.

Reaction Score
Yea, that’s always a possibility for the non SEC and a few other conferences as well. I think scheduling the Auburn’s UCLA’s etc year in year out will pay off. Optics alone, an SEC/PAC12 team whose RPI drops in season likely wouldn’t be as damaging as say a Northeastern or BC who underachieve. The BE Conference offers no margin for error when it comes baseball. Schedule Up. UConn’s an established baseball program, their simply not looked upon as an elite national program b/c of the location. That is not a jab, I say that out of respect for the program but nationally I believe that to be the case. Play Auburn in Alabama, play UCLA in Westwood, regardless of results, it’s a chance to potentially steal some players who’d be heading to the SEC or PAC 12 if not for the exposure. 2-3 of those arms and 2-3 of those bats…Omaha’s an attainable and realistic goal every year. Solely my opinion.

Reaction Score
It would seem to me from use of pitchers during fall ball exhibition games that the most likely 3 starting pitchers on the weekends are most likely from the following 4 pitchers:

Ian Cooke
Stephen Quigley
Garrett Coe
Gabe Van Emon

Of course, there is still plenty of time for things to change before the season starts in February.

Reaction Score
Cooke getting back to form (and staying healthy) is crucial. I love Coe - he’s fearless. IMO, he’s likely to be more effective as a rubber-armed 3 inning guy. I like Sullivan as a strike-thrower, but he was too hittable as a starter, needs a changeup to get through the order a second time. The depth is there, who has matured and harnessed their stuff will be interesting to see.

Reaction Score
Cooke getting back to form (and staying healthy) is crucial. I love Coe - he’s fearless. IMO, he’s likely to be more effective as a rubber-armed 3 inning guy. I like Sullivan as a strike-thrower, but he was too hittable as a starter, needs a changeup to get through the order a second time. The depth is there, who has matured and harnessed their stuff will be interesting to see.

Agree on your comments on Coe and Cooke. I've mentioned this before, I think Coe is best used out of the bullpen, mostly in long relief. If someone like Van Emon is able to show that they are capable of being a quality weekend starter, I would not be surprised if this is how Coe will end up being used this coming season. If not, Coe is certainly a solid candidate to be a weekend starter.

Reaction Score
It would seem to me from use of pitchers during fall ball exhibition games that the most likely 3 starting pitchers on the weekends are most likely from the following 4 pitchers:

Ian Cooke
Stephen Quigley
Garrett Coe
Gabe Van Emon

Of course, there is still plenty of time for things to change before the season starts in February.

After his outstanding summer with Danbury in the NECBL, I was thinking that Braden Quinn could also be a possible candidate for a starting pitcher job. It will be interesting to see how Quinn gets used when the spring season starts up.

Reaction Score
After his outstanding summer with Danbury in the NECBL, I was thinking that Braden Quinn could also be a possible candidate for a starting pitcher job. It will be interesting to see how Quinn gets used when the spring season starts up.
Ellisen could factor into this as well. Staff definitely has some depth this year. They have three mature,transfer lefties who've thrown a ton of innings in college already. Side arm righty (Maher) who has also been around for a while. The freshman class has some power arms too.

Reaction Score

-> UConn is slated to play six teams that reached the 2023 NCAA Tournament with Indiana State hosting and winning the Terre Haute Regional and advancing to the Fort Worth Super Regional.

The Huskies play 24 games against teams that were ranked inside the Top 100 of the RPI in 2023 (Indiana State (9), Boston College (22), Auburn (29), Northeastern (36), Xavier (42), Louisville (44), UC Irvine (46), Kansas State (53), Santa Barbara (56), UCLA (66), Rutgers (68), California (84). <-

-> All home non-conference games will be streamed for FREE on UConn+ while BIG EAST homes games will be streamed on FloSports/BIG EAST Digital Network. Randy Brochu and Chris Jones will be the broadcast team for those home contests.

All road games will be streamed on MIXLR with Chris Jones on the call for his 15th season calling UConn baseball games.<-

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The at KState and BC back to back is crazzzy

Reaction Score

-> UConn is slated to play six teams that reached the 2023 NCAA Tournament with Indiana State hosting and winning the Terre Haute Regional and advancing to the Fort Worth Super Regional.

The Huskies play 24 games against teams that were ranked inside the Top 100 of the RPI in 2023 (Indiana State (9), Boston College (22), Auburn (29), Northeastern (36), Xavier (42), Louisville (44), UC Irvine (46), Kansas State (53), Santa Barbara (56), UCLA (66), Rutgers (68), California (84). <-

-> All home non-conference games will be streamed for FREE on UConn+ while BIG EAST homes games will be streamed on FloSports/BIG EAST Digital Network. Randy Brochu and Chris Jones will be the broadcast team for those home contests.

All road games will be streamed on MIXLR with Chris Jones on the call for his 15th season calling UConn baseball games.<-

A lot to like about the aggressive schedule. Brutal stretch w/ letdown alert and jet lag a given with such a quick turnaround coming back from Cal Baptist. URI on the road and then granted LIU, still gotta play em…followed by a tough 3 gms at Rutgers. Love the midweek KState and Cincy scheduling. At Auburn and UCLA is great

Reaction Score
Love the schedule, nice mix of games. Wonder if they'll do a return trip to Kansas St next year as a game during the week that proceeds playing Creighton. I know we all talked on here previously about doing something like that.
I'm looking forward to making the trip down to Auburn.

Reaction Score
Of note is there are no games currently scheduled in Hartford.

This is the basic schedule, but it is not the final schedule. I expect a few adjustments to the schedule will be made as we get closer to the start of the season, and would not be surprised at a couple games ending up in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Is this in lieu of the March open dates? Or is a series being put together in addition to these games?
Looks like the March dates will remain open and there is one more game available to be scheduled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom